Thread: NC - cop shoots guy - charged with just manslaughter

Banned

NC - cop shoots guy - charged with just manslaughter

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...hot-by-police/

An unarmed man who may have been looking for help after a vehicle wreck was shot and killed by a police officer Saturday as he ran toward him, police said. The officer was later charged with voluntary manslaughter.

Sounds like murder, not manslaughter to me...
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-15-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Corrected misleading title

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

An unarmed man who may have been looking for help after a vehicle wreck was shot and killed by a police officer Saturday as he ran toward him, police said. The officer was later charged with voluntary manslaughter.

"Be glad he was charged at all, peasant!"
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

just goes to my argument that LEO should be disarmed
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Our military in WAR ZONES, many times are under "Do not fire unless fired upon" ROE, why is it that American citizens aren't afforded the same consideration by US Law enFORCEment?????????

It sure would save the lives of an increasing number of UNARMED people who are killed by police.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

You do know that manslaughter is classified as a murder, don't you?

BTW--- a voluntary manslaughter charge would seem to be appropriate in this case IMO UNLESS there is evidence that a higher level charge of murder is justified!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Our military in WAR ZONES, many times are under "Do not fire unless fired upon" ROE, why is it that American citizens aren't afforded the same consideration by US Law enFORCEment?????????

It sure would save the lives of an increasing number of UNARMED people who are killed by police.

Don'tchaknow...it is VITAL that we assure all LEOs that they will "go home safe" at the end of their shift...regardless of the collateral damage done under the color of law.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    just goes to my argument that LEO should be disarmed
    That, and their disgusting sycophants need to be shunned and face severe economic reprisals for the scum that they are. I'd love to own a grocery store chain and refuse to sell to cop lovers. I'd tell them that they deserve to starve for enabling these vermin.
    Last edited by minarchist; 09-16-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Don'tchaknow...it is VITAL that we assure all LEOs that they will "go home safe" at the end of their shift...regardless of the collateral damage done under the color of law.
    Screw that. These cowardly pukes were not drafted. I'm fed up with their b!tching about how dangerous their jobs are [sic: their jobs are quite safe according to occupational studies].

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    Screw that. These cowardly pukes were not drafted. I'm fed up with their b!tching about how dangerous their jobs are [sic: their jobs are quite safe according to occupational studies].
    I agree .. being killed in a car accident or being shot -- you are still as dead as the fisherman -- who suffer much higher death rates.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    You do know that manslaughter is classified as a murder, don't you?

BTW--- a voluntary manslaughter charge would seem to be appropriate in this case IMO UNLESS there is evidence that a higher level charge of murder is justified!
    This.

Police said Kerrick was charged with voluntary manslaughter, which under North Carolina law involves killing without malice using 'excessive force' in exercising 'imperfect self-defense.'
    I don't know what to say to this. Without malice?

Police initially called Ferrell and Kerrick's encounter 'appropriate and lawful.'
    The go-to response.

Highly unusual for the CMPD to blame one of their own...especially since they regularly do all investigations internally.

remember guys he has only been charged with manslaughter. he is still a long way from conviction.

the civil suit should really rack up, and that might be the reason he was charged. to make it look like the dept. is doing everything legal to try and get away form responsibility
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.