• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC - cop shoots guy - charged with just manslaughter

carolina guy

Jeff. State

Banned
Our military in WAR ZONES, many times are under "Do not fire unless fired upon" ROE, why is it that American citizens aren't afforded the same consideration by US Law enFORCEment?????????

It sure would save the lives of an increasing number of UNARMED people who are killed by police.

JoeSparky

Centurion
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...-looking-for-help-after-wreck-shot-by-police/

An unarmed man who may have been looking for help after a vehicle wreck was shot and killed by a police officer Saturday as he ran toward him, police said. The officer was later charged with voluntary manslaughter.

Sounds like murder, not manslaughter to me...

You do know that manslaughter is classified as a murder, don't you?

BTW--- a voluntary manslaughter charge would seem to be appropriate in this case IMO UNLESS there is evidence that a higher level charge of murder is justified!

carolina guy

Our military in WAR ZONES, many times are under "Do not fire unless fired upon" ROE, why is it that American citizens aren't afforded the same consideration by US Law enFORCEment?????????

It sure would save the lives of an increasing number of UNARMED people who are killed by police.

Don'tchaknow...it is VITAL that we assure all LEOs that they will "go home safe" at the end of their shift...regardless of the collateral damage done under the color of law.

minarchist

just goes to my argument that LEO should be disarmed

That, and their disgusting sycophants need to be shunned and face severe economic reprisals for the scum that they are. I'd love to own a grocery store chain and refuse to sell to cop lovers. I'd tell them that they deserve to starve for enabling these vermin.

Last edited:

minarchist

Don'tchaknow...it is VITAL that we assure all LEOs that they will "go home safe" at the end of their shift...regardless of the collateral damage done under the color of law.

Screw that. These cowardly pukes were not drafted. I'm fed up with their b!tching about how dangerous their jobs are [sic: their jobs are quite safe according to occupational studies].

davidmcbeth

Banned
Screw that. These cowardly pukes were not drafted. I'm fed up with their b!tching about how dangerous their jobs are [sic: their jobs are quite safe according to occupational studies].

I agree .. being killed in a car accident or being shot -- you are still as dead as the fisherman -- who suffer much higher death rates.

OC for ME

Police said Kerrick was charged with voluntary manslaughter, which under North Carolina law involves killing without malice using 'excessive force' in exercising 'imperfect self-defense.'
I don't know what to say to this. Without malice?

Police initially called Ferrell and Kerrick's encounter 'appropriate and lawful.'
The go-to response.

carolina guy

Highly unusual for the CMPD to blame one of their own...especially since they regularly do all investigations internally.

papa bear

remember guys he has only been charged with manslaughter. he is still a long way from conviction.

the civil suit should really rack up, and that might be the reason he was charged. to make it look like the dept. is doing everything legal to try and get away form responsibility