Thread: Drop leg ... magazine/phone carrier?

Drop leg ... magazine/phone carrier?

Okay guys and gals, I carry a bunch of stuff apart from just the XDM in a Safariland hip holster and would love to get some advice on how to deal with it all.

Every single day, I leave the house with the same setup. Spare mag in the left hand cell phone pocket (just above the cargo and too small for my phone), flashlight in the cargo pocket underneath it. Keys, pen, and k-bit in the left hip pocket. Other knife in the right hip pocket, or in the cargo pocket if I want to put my cell phone in the hip pocket.

Belt clips just don't hold up for me, and I have a problem with having my phone on the same side as my pistol; it's just plain difficult to get out. Stupid Samsung for making such large phones that I can't resist having.

Anyway, I was looking at something like http://www.lagtactical.com/thigh-rig-compact/ <-- that for a two-mag pouch and command pouch or custom-made MOLLE carrier, which may actually happen.

Any thoughts from those who have dealt with such issues before?

Several of my friends have new Samsung phones. Apparently, it's quite trendy now. They are all enormous (the phones, not my friends ).

I never imagined myself saying something like this a couple years back but... my iPhone is far more tactical.

Last edited by marshaul; 09-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    (snip) ... my iPhone is far more tactical.

I have a higher-capacity memory than you, AND an accurized screen.

LOL, people still buy iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    LOL, people still buy iPhones?
    I have a feeling that, unless all Androids require fingerprint readers, Google will be making a ton of money off of the privacy-minded crowd that wanted Apple products up until this generation.

Google? Making money off the privacy-minded crowd?

*chortle*

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Google? Making money off the privacy-minded crowd?

*chortle*
    Thought you might like that.

Murse.

stay safe.

PS - Maybe not all of them, but a lot of the big kids carry them. Just, for the sake of all that is holy, do not choose OD or any camoflage pattern. A little googling will show you the range of colors has grown over the years.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Are thinking about a thigh rig for EDC? Easy access and out of the way...but not conducive to actual movement and walking around on a daily basis. Thigh rigs tend to bounce around and tightening them to a manageable level will be too tight. Do this experiment to see if you are or will adapt to a thigh rig set up. Put on some cargo pants and load the thigh pockets with something about the same weight as your EDC sidearm. Now walk briskly and go up a flight of stairs for a few minutes. Pay attention to the bouncing and the general cumbersome-ness of that object in your thigh pockets.

From there, determine if that set-up is right for you.

* I just re-read the title. Thigh rig for spare mags and cell phone...the experiment still applies.

Personnaly I stopped worrying too much about what goes in my pockets and got me one of them "tactical" purses. LOL

Not as dorky as a butt pack...LOL
    Last edited by Bernymac; 09-16-2013 at 03:35 PM.