• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drop leg ... magazine/phone carrier?

Silvertongue

Okay guys and gals, I carry a bunch of stuff apart from just the XDM in a Safariland hip holster and would love to get some advice on how to deal with it all.

Every single day, I leave the house with the same setup. Spare mag in the left hand cell phone pocket (just above the cargo and too small for my phone), flashlight in the cargo pocket underneath it. Keys, pen, and k-bit in the left hip pocket. Other knife in the right hip pocket, or in the cargo pocket if I want to put my cell phone in the hip pocket.

Belt clips just don't hold up for me, and I have a problem with having my phone on the same side as my pistol; it's just plain difficult to get out. Stupid Samsung for making such large phones that I can't resist having.

Anyway, I was looking at something like http://www.lagtactical.com/thigh-rig-compact/ <-- that for a two-mag pouch and command pouch or custom-made MOLLE carrier, which may actually happen.

Any thoughts from those who have dealt with such issues before?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Several of my friends have new Samsung phones. Apparently, it's quite trendy now. They are all enormous (the phones, not my friends :)).

I never imagined myself saying something like this a couple years back but... my iPhone is far more tactical.

:p

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Murse.

stay safe.

PS - Maybe not all of them, but a lot of the big kids carry them. Just, for the sake of all that is holy, do not choose OD or any camoflage pattern. A little googling will show you the range of colors has grown over the years.

Bernymac

Are thinking about a thigh rig for EDC? Easy access and out of the way...but not conducive to actual movement and walking around on a daily basis. Thigh rigs tend to bounce around and tightening them to a manageable level will be too tight. Do this experiment to see if you are or will adapt to a thigh rig set up. Put on some cargo pants and load the thigh pockets with something about the same weight as your EDC sidearm. Now walk briskly and go up a flight of stairs for a few minutes. Pay attention to the bouncing and the general cumbersome-ness of that object in your thigh pockets.

From there, determine if that set-up is right for you.

* I just re-read the title. Thigh rig for spare mags and cell phone...the experiment still applies.

Personnaly I stopped worrying too much about what goes in my pockets and got me one of them "tactical" purses. LOL
80128_sidekick_sling_bag_front_view_copy.jpg

Not as dorky as a butt pack...LOL

Last edited: