Thread: Open carry debate ends with a...chainsaw?

Northampton, Massachusetts, United States

Open carry debate ends with a...chainsaw?

I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday concerning, among other things, open carry. His thoughts were that it would lead to more crimes of passion, general panic, the wild wild west, etc.
    I expressed my views, and we mostly agreed to disagree.

Then we drove past a guy riding a bicycle with a CHAINSAW strapped to his back! He doesn't even need to carry extra magazines! Just a full tank of gas and he's ready for anything! But I'm sure he was intending to use it for "all lawful purposes."

That about ended the open carry discussion.

Long-time gun enthusiast/shooter, new to carry and to the forum. Thanks for all the info.

-H

In many states it is illegal to carry a club (open or otherwise), and the definition of club usually includes anything that can be used as a club. So basically you can't carry anything....

Banned
    He likely had a permit for the chainsaw ...

Now I WANT ONE

Seems like someone was ready for the zombies....Lol. I love the argument that open carry will lead to duels in the street at high noon, have yet to be challenged or even witness one...Am I just in a boring part of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    Seems like someone was ready for the zombies....Lol. I love the argument that open carry will lead to duels in the street at high noon, have yet to be challenged or even witness one...Am I just in a boring part of the country?
    Yep, you live in Snoozeville. If you want to be where the action is, come on down to Arizona. It really is the Wild West () with our daily duels and shootouts in every town and city's main street, everyone walking around dressed like pistoleros, and we always follow up with a few shots of whiskey or tequila, none of that "light" stuff.

Re: Open carry debate ends with a...chainsaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Yep, you live in Snoozeville. If you want to be where the action is, come on down to Arizona. It really is the Wild West () with our daily duels and shootouts in every town and city's main street, everyone walking around dressed like pistoleros, and we always follow up with a few shots of whiskey or tequila, none of that "light" stuff.
    Wow - way to maintain operational security Rusty! Now that the cat's out of the bag, I will need to stake out auxillary dueling locations, as I'm sure there will be a huge influx of gun fighters! Dag nab it, you little whipper snapper!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi