Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired at Navy Yard in DC

Shots Fired at Navy Yard in DC

Huh, Impoosible. I do NOT believe it. Not in DC, and not on a Navy Base. There is no way a person could have a gun there. ::// Sarcasm from Hell...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Founder's Club Member
    Ummm. Link? Story quote?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Reports of 12 people shot, 4 fatalities, gunman still at large. Live coverage at http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...FlowFB_DCBrand

If that doesn't work, try http://bit.ly/16coeHN
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 09-16-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Ummm. Link? Story quote?
    All over the nooz sources.

Prayers to the victims - currently reporting 12 shot, 4 of them dead. One of the victims is reported to be a contract (civillian) police officer - he would have been armed.

One news source was Navy staff relaying commentary from a Naval officer hunkered down under his desk while chattiering on his phone to the folks who were outside the Navy Yard. (Think he has that "hide" part not quite down pat.

So how's that gun free zone working for ya?

Breaking news (10:20 AM) they are reporting the shooter has been captured. Nooz is stressing "captured" and not "taken down" or "shot".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Navy reporting that there are multiple shooters, at least two, one of which has been wounded.

Channel 4 now reporting 10 shot, 4 dead, one shooter down, confusion regarding number of shooters

Six (6) DC schools on lockdown, including one that has nobody assigned to be there.

Reports on shooters vary from 1 to 2, but are consistent that 1 has been captured, not killed. UPDATE - police are reporting it is still an active shooter situation with a second shooter known but not located.

DC Metro buses are evacuating shipyard workers who are not wounded. Are they checking IDs before letting them out/off the bus? Or have I been reading too many novels? UPDATE - now reports are the buses are "heavily armed". Maybe they have been reading the samr novels?

It's technically a NIS case, but every law enforcement agency within 7 counties, plus every federal agency except the Dept. of Education SWAT team seems to be either on-scene or staged nearby.

First victim is reported to have been a contract civillian police officer - who would have been armed. He is reported to have been in the hallway of an upper floor of one of the buildings.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Now I wonder how long it will be before Obama decides to say "If I had a security officer, he would look like (insert name of officer)."
    Last edited by Esanders2008; 09-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

I'm kind of stunned by the inane attempts at sarcasm/humor both on this site and on Facebook...

Ten people have been shot. Four people confirmed dead. Can we please take a beat and wait for a while before trying to be "funny?"

More shots fired inside the building, moments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I'm kind of stunned by the inane attempts at sarcasm/humor both on this site and on Facebook...

Ten people have been shot. Four people confirmed dead. Can we please take a beat and wait for a while before trying to be "funny?"
    Agree, but, however, why not wiat for some confirmation on your so called stats...I trust ch 4 about as much as TMZ..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post

If you find my comment distasteful, I sincerely apologize. The reality of the situation is that we KNOW that there is going to be political involvement, that really has nothing to do with the situation at hand. For the record, my thoughts go out to those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    Agree, but, however, why not wiat for some confirmation on your so called stats...I trust ch 4 about as much as TMZ..
    +1
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    "So called stats?"

Every news source is reporting from source information from "senior Navy officials" and from Metro PD. I suggest that your disdain of "ch 4" is irrelevant.

Well, not all news organizations are reporting numbers. Some are being more cautios if you will....Numbers and stats change...That's all I'm saying....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A shooter was "contained" but not yet in custody, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.A shooter was "contained" but not yet in custody, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/la...a4bcf6878.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

JamesCanby - Sorry if you are confusing sarcasm driven by anger and frustration for humor.

The actions of this/these shooters is beyond deplorable. The deaths of 4 and wounding of however many it turns out to be is tragic.

But the reports are pretty clear - employees with base stickers are pretty much waved in because stopping them to search them would require employees to show up at least two days before work, and only visitors are subjected to search. And since the shooter(s?)'s firearms were not discovered during an entrance search it appears they had a base sticker. And the event just goes to prove that all those folks were left defenseless. And that brings about anger and frustration.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Moments ago, two LEOs reporting that one shooter is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    The reality of the situation is that we KNOW that there is going to be political involvement, that really has nothing to do with the situation at hand.
    Do we know that? There wasn't any political backlash over Fort Hood, probably because the anti-gunners don't know how to fit these events into their narrative. It just doesn't fit the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Do we know that? There wasn't any political backlash over Fort Hood, probably because the anti-gunners don't know how to fit these events into their narrative. It just doesn't fit the mold.
    Oh, sweet and fluffy baby Zenu! No political backlash over Nasan having preached jihad for months before going off reservation? No political backlash over the shooting victims not being able to qualify for award of the Purple Heart in spite of Nasan declaring his actions were in support of the Taliban? No political backlash over Nasan having been in 'conversations" with at least two Taliban before going off reservation?

Or are you just saying that the anti-rights folks could not fit Ft. Hood into their gunz are evill rhetoric? That's not political backlash, it's propoganda.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

DC Metro police is the lead agency? They were the first responders to the 9-1-1 call?

Among all the other confusion, this just boggles the mind. I have seen federal law enforcement get into almost fisticuffs to protect their turf from encroachment by any other law enforcement agency. (FYI, from the curb along the southern edge of Constitution Ave near the Vitenam Memorial to the first sidewalk there are five (5) agencies that have jurisdiction over sometimes mere inches wide territory. And DC Metro Police have no jurisdiction beyond the beginning of the curb.)

stay safe.)

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Oh, sweet and fluffy baby Zenu! No political backlash over Nasan having preached jihad for months before going off reservation? No political backlash over the shooting victims not being able to qualify for award of the Purple Heart in spite of Nasan declaring his actions were in support of the Taliban? No political backlash over Nasan having been in 'conversations" with at least two Taliban before going off reservation?

Or are you just saying that the anti-rights folks could not fit Ft. Hood into their gunz are evill rhetoric? That's not political backlash, it's propoganda.

stay safe.
    Generally, in the context of this site, "political backlash" = gun control.

Political backlash is elected officials - politicians - being figuratively strung-up; though literally would be better, it's too much to hope for.

This incident is particularly interesting to me for having spent my career in Navy Yards. Perhaps security will be come a bit more meaningful.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

reports are the shooter looks like Obamas son........unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A shooter was "contained" but not yet in custody, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.A shooter was "contained" but not yet in custody, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/la...a4bcf6878.html
    What? What?

Obama: 'Cowardly act' at Navy Yard kills patriots

http://www.kxnet.com/story/23441856/...-yard-shooting

Of course, the ones not killed are just nasty ol' yardbirds (and over paid). I wonder if the Lord of the Throne of FLies would announce me a patriot. MOLON LABE
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast