• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots Fired at Navy Yard in DC

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Well, look at it this way- what is their religious standing? Are they Muslim or Christian? I don't care if it's offensive. Political correctness killed soldiers at Ft. Hood. Did it also at the naval yard?

Nooz says he is Buhhdist with a history of a hair trigger temper and was currently receiving psychiatric services. Navy reservist vet with a General (?) Discharge who was working at the Navy Yard as a contract employee and PO'd about his job moving out of state - presumably he was unwilling to relocate.

The FBI has released this
b66d356a474a941f3d0f6a70670042c9.jpg
Tell me those are both the same person. Go on, tell me. Then tell me the deal you can give me on a bridge and some oceanfront property in the Arizona/Nevada desert.

stay safe.

carolina guy

Wonder if the Anti's will ever admit that GC will not work??

Anyone who has ever played Doom knows why gun control won’t work…and this situation proves it.

Surprise/overpower a guard and take his pistol.

Shoot another guard and take his rifle and more ammo…
Wash rinse repeat.

From what I have read, he brought a shotgun, just upgraded from his victims and from whatever he found...video games and movies taught him well, it seems.

SFCRetired

Nooz says he is Buhhdist with a history of a hair trigger temper and was currently receiving psychiatric services. Navy reservist vet with a General (?) Discharge who was working at the Navy Yard as a contract employee and PO'd about his job moving out of state - presumably he was unwilling to relocate.

View attachment 10810
Tell me those are both the same person. Go on, tell me. Then tell me the deal you can give me on a bridge and some oceanfront property in the Arizona/Nevada desert.

stay safe.

Skid, with all due respect, mugshots are not the height of the science of photography. This is going to sound somewhat racist, but is not intended as such: Black people, because of their skin color, can be very difficult, even with very good equipment, to photograph. What I see in the photo you posted is one underexposed photo and one slightly overexposed. It is the same person, though.

From the reports I've been seeing, this guy was diagnosed as insane(heard voices) and was not given the proper treatment because his security clearance would have been pulled!! It has also been alleged that the necessary background checks had either not been done or had been ignored.

Naturally, the antis and the media have glossed over the fact that D.C. has very strict gun control laws and that the Navy Yard is even more strict and are calling for more useless laws.

eye95

View attachment 10810

stay safe.

The news I saw said that he "tried" Buddhism. There was no indication in that report that he continued to be a Buddhist until the shooting.

Red Dawg

"""From the reports I've been seeing, this guy was diagnosed as insane(heard voices) and was not given the proper treatment because his security clearance would have been pulled!! It has also been alleged that the necessary background checks had either not been done or had been ignored.""" SFCRetired..

From what I've read, and seen, heard, etc...He was only a contractor there for about a week. He may have had an interim Secret, which isbased on just a basic police and other agency background...No more than buying a gun. Nothing in depth..

Truth is, we all know getting on a base/compound with a gun is not real hard...With no specific goals, you are "the only game in town" so high counts are not an impossible achievement...

The best, actually only good thing about this latest shooting, is that once again, it was a double GFZ, and there was very little resistance...

Last edited:

Tucker6900

Clear your minds...

Listen everyone. Our government has already proven it has zero morals when it comes to killing American Citizens, especially when it futhers whatever agenda they are trying to impose. We all need to stop and think about the things that are happening right now, both at home, and abroad. We have an Illegal-in-chief who is arming the enemy with our hard earned money, and then trying to pass them off to us as the good guys. On top of which, he is also attempting to go to war with the country when we have no earthly business being there. Bengazi, IRS, NDAA, Obamacare. Boston, Sandyhook, Aurora, and now D.C. Think about it. Whenever the tryant in the white house gets in over his head, something like this happens.

These are all distractions to keep our eyes, ears, and minds away from the **** that really matters. Whether they are perpetrated by, or allowed to happen by our government, or they truly are tragic instances where a "crazy" person decided to kill a bunch of innocent citizens, please do not be distracted.

Red Dawg

In discussions of Snowden and now of Alexis some disparaging mention has been made of federal clearance background investigations that did not agree with my experience. So I looked, to discover that BJ Clinton issued 1995 Executive Order Number 12968.

http://www.opm.gov/investigations/background-investigations/reference/#url=Executive-Orders

What are you saying? Things easier pre-Clinton, or easier post Clinton? Wondering what you are going for here....Not much has changed in getting/using a clearance in the last 30 years that I can think of...E-qip made things faster/easier for updates, but that's just the digital age...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The news I saw said that he "tried" Buddhism. There was no indication in that report that he continued to be a Buddhist until the shooting.

Aaron Alexis, 34, converted to Buddhism and liked to meditate .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-identified-Wahington-Navy-Yard-shooter.html

.....a convert to Buddhism who was taking an online course in aeronautics.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...d-to-run-ins-with-police-over-past-shootings/

Alexis was a practicing Buddhist.
http://www.alternet.org/5-things-you-should-know-about-aaron-alexis

Suthametewakul said Alexis had converted to Buddhism and prayed at a local Buddhist temple.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/17/washington-naval-yard-shooting-suspect-arrested-guns

It would seem that Alexis did not follow the basic tenets of Buddhism: "Non-violence is at the heart of Buddhist thinking and behavior. The first of the five precepts that all Buddhists should follow is "Avoid killing, or harming any living thing."

Buddhism is essentially a peaceful tradition. Nothing in Buddhist scripture gives any support to the use of violence as a way to resolve conflict."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/buddhism/buddhistethics/war.shtml

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
LOL....Dang Grape, are they the only cites you could find. Proves nothing.....Sorry, being a richard noggin.....Pretty quick too....

I'm not out to "prove" anything - merely adding to the profile of the man.

I do like your play on words - may borrow that sometime.

Red Dawg

My first clearance upgrade was in 1970, apparently influenced by the appropriate EO of 1953, but very different in my recollection from what I'm hearing from the kidz. The up/down-grade process was quite transparent as my need-to-know changed with my career in Naval Nuclear Power.

Gotcha...Yeah, things have changed since the 80s and the way we do business. Clinton's crap didn't change our way of doing biz much...

eye95

LOL....Dang Grape, are they the only cites you could find. Proves nothing.....Sorry, being a richard noggin.....Pretty quick too....

It was enough to convince me that he was a practicing Buddhist--at least up until he went to VA. Clearly though he did not practice enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

BLKH2O

A Sick Society breeds Sick People. Just a shame that "Legally" armed Americans will be targeted once again over gun ownership.