• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Pledge of Allegiance to Obama

stealthyeliminator

The Pledge of Allegiance is settle "law." No citizen is required to recite it....non-issue.

I was required to say the pledge of allegiance in public school. I was given no option. What would have happened if I refused? I don't know, I was such a weenie I almost cried when I got in trouble for tapping my pencil on my desk, I wouldn't have dared refuse the instruction of a teacher.

stealthyeliminator

Serving in the Navy for 10 years now and these comments make me sick. I'm all for Freedom of Speech. Say what you want, do what you want but never disrespect the flag. I don't like Obama more than the next guy on here. But that Flag is a symbol.

It is a symbol of what we as individuals as citizens of the United States can be.
It is a symbol of those who paid the price for freedom in this country.
It is a symbol of what we once were and still go back to.

Turning your back on it means turning your back on the very ideals that made this country great.

Not standing during athletic events? Well I forgot that you're a nutjob and probably live in a hole making out with your sister because she's safe. Put your tinfoil hat back on zac and crawl back to whatever womb gave excruciatingly painful birth to your giant head full of air.

Oh and the picture posted by OP? That was actually how the flag was saluted back then before ww2. It was Hitler's regime that ruined that stance. During WW2 it was suggested that we place our hands over our hearts instead. Much like the swastika, its meaning was ruined by the Nazi's.

Please do not disrespect the flag. It is the very symbol of our bill of rights. The very symbol that we preach about every day on these forums. You cannot stand up for a right given and blessed upon you by our constituion and not support the very symbol that was carried, bled for, and died for those rights we hold so dear.

Thank you.

Incorrect. Technically, it stands for the republic. (to the flag, and to the republic for which it stands)

I don't pledge allegiance to the republic, or to the flag which represents it. Got a problem with that? Well, all I can say is, get in line. There's a whole bunch of nationalist pigs that have beat you to that punch.

If you want to hold on to the flag as a symbol of all of those things, I completely support you in that. That is you exercising your freedom. But the flag representing those things is in your world and in your head, you shouldn't take offense because I've chosen not to play the same game or have the same imagination. To me the flag does not represent any of those things. I'll stand up next to you for those things, but I won't use the flag to represent those things and I won't recognize that it does represent those things.

Last edited:

77zach

If you want to hold on to the flag as a symbol of all of those things, I completely support you in that. That is you exercising your freedom. But the flag representing those things is in your world and in your head, you shouldn't take offense because I've chosen not to play the same game or have the same imagination. To me the flag does not represent any of those things. I'll stand up next to you for those things, but I won't use the flag to represent those things and I won't recognize that it does represent those things.

Well said, perfect response, imo.

Gunslinger

I salute the flag, literally, as a former Air Force Officer, Aviator and combat Vietnam Veteran. It is a symbol of what this country was and what it must be again. That we are temporarily in a Marxist regime doesn't mean that hope has died. The flag represents those who have fought for this country and many who have died before letting that symbol be disrespected. I would show no respect for the tyrant who has brought vermin to the whitehouse, but he is not this country, merely an aberration. The freedoms that brave men and women fought and died for allows anyone to do as they please in this regard. Disrespect to the symbol of 'their' sacrifice tells a lot about those who would show it. We may be a 'republik' now, but I still have hope that will change.