Thread: Harassment in bold!!!

Exclamation Harassment in bold!!!

From http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...g-in-missouri/

OMG several young ladies OC this is like soooo scary....

with video cop harasses gals who are OC in a wallyworld... this one pisses me off!!

Missouri is, technically speaking, an open-carry state. However, rather unusually, different cities and counties within the state can apply their own rules to open-carry. It’s not unheard of, therefore, for police officers to question people exercising their open-carry rights. That’s exactly what happened to four Oklahoma women who open-carried their weapons in a Walmart in Marshfield,
    No I did not do a search so if this has already been posted sorry....
    Last edited by Sheldon; 09-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Here is a follow up when the Chief shows up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...N8k7YpP8#t=120
    Last edited by Sheldon; 09-16-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Also being discussed in the Missouri forum: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-in-Marshfield!

Re: Harassment in bold!!!

While the cheif is polished in his communication, he goes into the normal jibberish about, OCers just trying to get a law suit & of course the "if I'm a robber & I see you are OCing I'll take you out 1st". Quickly followed by the element of suprise CC gives a citizen....? What he fails to acknowledge is a openly armed citizen is far less likely to need that element of suprise! As law abiding citizens we are always on the defensive, period. Far better to be a hard target and passed over for a easier one, than to have to draw a concealed pistol & go on the offensive. Just my honest opinion. YMMV.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Harassment in bold!!!

Sadly, the people in that video gave up nearly all of their Rights willingly and never asserted their Rights. It was harassment, but the officer never went beyond his authority as far as I can tell because they consented to his every request.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Sadly, the people in that video gave up nearly all of their Rights willingly and never asserted their Rights. It was harassment, but the officer never went beyond his authority as far as I can tell because they consented to his every request.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    EXACTLY

There was no detainment, no demand for ID (though his "request" was made with typical authoritarian might), and the citizens all spit up their ID's faster than I ever could if I carried one and wanted to give it.

I don't like what the cops did and I especially take exception to the Chief's misinformed diatribe about CC being better than OC.....first guy shot, tactical surprise, and other assorted myths. That said, no Constitutional violations here. Just a "consensual encounter" per SCOTUS stare decisis.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.