• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassment in bold!!!

Sheldon

From http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/...police-officer-for-open-carrying-in-missouri/

OMG several young ladies OC this is like soooo scary....

with video cop harasses gals who are OC in a wallyworld... this one pisses me off!!

Missouri is, technically speaking, an open-carry state. However, rather unusually, different cities and counties within the state can apply their own rules to open-carry. It’s not unheard of, therefore, for police officers to question people exercising their open-carry rights. That’s exactly what happened to four Oklahoma women who open-carried their weapons in a Walmart in Marshfield,

No I did not do a search so if this has already been posted sorry....

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

While the cheif is polished in his communication, he goes into the normal jibberish about, OCers just trying to get a law suit & of course the "if I'm a robber & I see you are OCing I'll take you out 1st". Quickly followed by the element of suprise CC gives a citizen....? What he fails to acknowledge is a openly armed citizen is far less likely to need that element of suprise! As law abiding citizens we are always on the defensive, period. Far better to be a hard target and passed over for a easier one, than to have to draw a concealed pistol & go on the offensive. Just my honest opinion. YMMV.

Baked on Grease

Sadly, the people in that video gave up nearly all of their Rights willingly and never asserted their Rights. It was harassment, but the officer never went beyond his authority as far as I can tell because they consented to his every request.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

We-the-People

Sadly, the people in that video gave up nearly all of their Rights willingly and never asserted their Rights. It was harassment, but the officer never went beyond his authority as far as I can tell because they consented to his every request.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^^^^^
EXACTLY

There was no detainment, no demand for ID (though his "request" was made with typical authoritarian might), and the citizens all spit up their ID's faster than I ever could if I carried one and wanted to give it.

I don't like what the cops did and I especially take exception to the Chief's misinformed diatribe about CC being better than OC.....first guy shot, tactical surprise, and other assorted myths. That said, no Constitutional violations here. Just a "consensual encounter" per SCOTUS stare decisis.