• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested for reporting open carrier

hermannr

I didn't see confirmation that this was an open carrier.

He may have seen that the man exposed a "concealed" weapon accidentally. Those cause more reactions than open carry in many situations.

The police are said to have figured out who had the gun.

OC is legal in CN with a license,

PALO

But he enjoys it! Like wrestling with a pig, you are sullied.

I do enjoy my job. It's noble and rewarding. Enforcing the law is only a small part of what we do. I can have entire shifts where not a single call is related to "law enforcement". There is a lot more to the job. Very rewarding, and glad to recognize that the american people have great respect for what we do. I do enjoy arresting really bad guys.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I do enjoy my job. It's noble and rewarding. Enforcing the law is only a small part of what we do. I can have entire shifts where not a single call is related to "law enforcement". There is a lot more to the job. Very rewarding, and glad to recognize that the american people have great respect for what we do. I do enjoy arresting really bad guys.

But how many cats have you taken down from trees and the like .... its the ? everyone wants to know but are afraid to ask!

LQM

Kudos to you my friend, if I may be so bold. It's not everyday we come across someone like yourself. Thank You.

So you wouldn't be engaged in "law enforcement" were I to be armed and ogling a scantily clad barrista, right? ;-)
Stay Safe!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Kudos to you my friend, if I may be so bold. It's not everyday we come across someone like yourself. Thank You.

So you wouldn't be engaged in "law enforcement" were I to be armed and ogling a scantily clad barrista, right? ;-)
Stay Safe!

With the quality of girls I have seen at some establishments, I would not in unless armed. yaaaa

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Ignorance of the law is never a valid excuse.

Unless it's the state or federal government doing so. Just ask, they'll give you an excuse.

Anyone can be sited/arrested for breaking a law that they are not aware of.

I'm not too sure about sited. Sighted maybe? How about cited? Ain't homonyms horrible?

P.S. The correct answer is cited.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Ignorance of the law is never a valid excuse. Anyone can be sited/arrested for breaking a law that they are not aware of.

That doesn't mean we should champion this outcome. It is merely another example of government placing the sanctity of its authority and "law" over logic, and justice.

Bill45

We used to get these calls all the time. It was up to US, in patrol to get a memo written and then policy was changed, but prior to that dispatch WOULD send us to MWAG call based upon "concerned" citizen 911 calls. Groovy. We would contact the CALLER (not the carrier) and inform him of the law and that OC was legal. Sometimes we would drive by the carrier to see if we recognized him as a convicted felon (which of course was never the case, because you'd have to be even stupider than the average criminal to be a convicted felon and OC), but never make a stop or anything like that.

Call receivers/dispatchers are not expected to know the laws to the extent officers or prosecutors are. They have a general understanding, but many of them (and even a few cops sadly) didn't know that OC was entirely legal activity. Similarly, they used to send us to "sex offense " calls when soccer moms would complain about bikini baristas wearing only pasties and a thong walking around outside their kiosks in full view of children.

ENTIRELY legal. We actually got a letter from our local prosecutor explaining that as long as the areolas were covered and the vulva, that they could walk around in public all they wanted and did not need to keep out of view of "the children' by hiding from the outside world./

Those were two examples where we were getting dispatched based on complaint of legal activity. Always up to the officer to filter the call through the relevant law moreso than the (civilian) call receiver and dispatchers job. But ONCE we got them squared away on the law, they didn't send us to that stuff any more b ut instead educated the caller

Isn't a Vulva a Swedish car?

Last edited: