• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recognizing signs of potential workplace violence

Jamesm760

RECOGNIZING SIGNS OF POTENTIAL WORKPLACE VIOLENCE
AN ACTIVE SHOOTER MAY BE A CURRENT OR FORMER EMPLOYEE. ALERT YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES
DEPARTMENT IF YOU BELIEVE AN EMPLOYEE EXHIBITS POTENTIALLY VIOLENT BEHAVIOR.
INDICATORS OF POTENTIALLY VIOLENT BEHAVIOR MAY INCLUDE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Increased use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs
• Unexplained increase in absenteeism, and/or vague physical complaints
• Depression/Withdrawal
• Increased severe mood swings, and noticeably unstable or emotional responses
• Increasingly talks of problems at home
• Increase in unsolicited comments about violence, firearms, and other dangerous weapons and violent crimes

I was browsing my sheriff's website to see if I could apply for a purchase permit online, found this on there... I thought it was funny because the last point happens often where I work, we all have a passion for firearms and talk about them pretty frequently. We also talk about violent crimes and how they might have been prevented if someone was carrying. I guess in the eyes of the LEO's one of us might just snap and start a shooting spree, so don't talk about firearms or the reality of violance and violant crimes because that means you will probably snap in the future. I guess what bothers me is that they are brainwashing people to be on alert if they hear the word "firearm" "gun" etc. I see what side they are on.

STAY SAFE & CARRY ON!
http://www.rowancountync.gov/GOVERNMENT/Departments/SheriffsOffice.aspx

arentol

To be fair, if you and your co-workers have an established habit of talking about firearms then random comments about them probably can't be considered unsolicited and so this doesn't apply.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jamesm760

To be fair, if you and your co-workers have an established habit of talking about firearms then random comments about them probably can't be considered unsolicited and so this doesn't apply.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Well we started somewhere with the firearm talk, we didnt just magically get to the point we are now. So the initial "testing the waters" must have been considered random comments. Guess I'm lucky I didn't get reported, or worked with a bunch of Antis o_O

Though a couple of my co-workers all ways found it odd that on downtime I was on Budsgunshop.com window shopping :lol: but now its a norm.

Its usually the guy who got fired because his alarm clock is defective ....

Pfft I have 3 alarm clocks, guess that means im good.