Thread: Seeing as how OC "isn't" clearly legal here...

Seeing as how OC "isn't" clearly legal here...

My usual mode of carry in warm weather is with just a white T-shirt that doesn't quite totally cover my sidearm.

That going to get me in trouble around here during our visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

just out of curiosity, since i don't know what state you are talking about.

is there a law that specifically says you can not OC?

Sorry, just seen this was in the AK forum. question still applies
    Last edited by papa bear; 09-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    just out of curiosity, since i don't know what state you are talking about.

is there a law that specifically says you can not OC?

Sorry, just seen this was in the AK forum. question still applies
    AR forum, AK is Alaska.

If you'd like, you can browse some more in this section, and get a good idea of why its not clear. Mostly because the governor and AG have "opinions" that their recent changes DO NOT allow OC. When reading the law itself, it reads that OC would be acceptable.
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

It is perfectly clear that any form of carry is now legal in Arkansas. Those saying otherwise simply wish it wasn't so.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    - Upton Sinclair

So far haven't had any issues around anywhere. Not OC'ing really, just half hanging out of my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    AR forum, AK is Alaska.

If you'd like, you can browse some more in this section, and get a good idea of why its not clear. Mostly because the governor and AG have "opinions" that their recent changes DO NOT allow OC. When reading the law itself, it reads that OC would be acceptable.
    Sorry VW got my tongue wrapped around my eye tooth and couldn't see what i typed.

sounds a lot like what the WV AG said, a non resident can not carry in the state of WV. but he was asked to show where the law was. that is why you can carry in WV

same thing should apply to your Governor and AG, can they show a law that says you can't OC. so my original question still goes. what law says you can't OC in AR?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Nevermind.

If you didn't understand the question, don't bother with a non answer.

Activist Member
    It seemed good enough to me. You already mentioned the "opinions" of two state officials, but as was said, if there is no LAW that confirms their "opinions" then their "opinions" mean absolutely nothing.

I would suggest searching the laws of AR. To me it seems quite obvious that OC is allowed, but it will more than likely be a rough road (until AR gets case precedent to back up the law -- sad but true) for one or two open carriers when they are dragged through the courts due to the actions of an overzealous and tyrannical "cop." This shouldn't keep you from exercising your rights though, so I say carry on.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.