• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post Recall News Buried By Flood News.

RandallFlagg

Sorry for the vanity post, but have you folks noticed that almost all of the recall aftermath news was buried after the first flood alerts went out?
I frequent the 7news website (http://www.thedenverchannel.com), and for the last six days they have had nothing but news on the flooding. I know it's a tragedy, and there's a lot of people affected.
I really don't want to come off as a heartless, unsympathetic bastard, but there's more going on out there.
7News's first non-flood related article was about the Navy murders yesterday, and it was dropped from their main headline slideshow section in less than 12 hours to be replaced with.....more flood articles.

I just have this idea that these floods have the Agenda Journalists just doing the happy dance because they don't have to talk about their two heroes getting the boot.
Wherever and when I can, I try to mention this in their, "Commentary," section -and others agree. It's just been too much.

What do you good folks think?

SteveInCO

To be sure TV and radio have less information bandwidth; you are limited to what they can actually talk about in half an hour minus commercials. A newspaper can contain lots more. And this disparity seems to have carried over to web sites today.

So yes a catastrophe in the local area will blow everything else away. To be sure with the rampage in DC now, it's buried nationwide.

RandallFlagg

To be sure TV and radio have less information bandwidth; you are limited to what they can actually talk about in half an hour minus commercials. A newspaper can contain lots more. And this disparity seems to have carried over to web sites today.

So yes a catastrophe in the local area will blow everything else away. To be sure with the rampage in DC now, it's buried nationwide.

Speaking of bandwidth, that 7News site has been doing something interesting for the last few weeks.
They have been using two links to almost every story. One with the story and a usually blank comment section, and one with the same story with more reader's comments in it.
You'd think that it'd be a waste of bandwidth to do that, but it also hides commentary for those who click on just the link.
Look at the difference in these two links:
Link to headline: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/web...e-to-areas-of-longmont-progressing-but-slowly
Link to comments: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-to-areas-of-longmont-progressing-but-slowly
It's the same story, but one link has, "/web/kmgh," in it. Remove that, and you can read the comments.

Saxxon

What the media didn't mention is that the floods were CAUSED by the recalls:

You'll notice as the recalls commenced and the miscreants were ousted that the rains got stronger and longer. Morse & Giron making the rounds on the MSM blaming everything but themselves and their insane ideas for their losses.

In short, we were drowning in Democrat's tears.

RandallFlagg

What the media didn't mention is that the floods were CAUSED by the recalls:

You'll notice as the recalls commenced and the miscreants were ousted that the rains got stronger and longer. Morse & Giron making the rounds on the MSM blaming everything but themselves and their insane ideas for their losses.

In short, we were drowning in Democrat's tears.

But, those tears are so TASTY!
ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif
Gungrabber tears are so yummy! Let me taste some more!