• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks no loger Open Carry (or CC) friendly.

internet troll

Starbucks no longer Open Carry (or CC) friendly.

Hello, relatively new here and hope I am posting this in the right section. Was reading on my home gun forum (PAFOA.org) that Starbucks is issuing a directive that to their stores that they are no longer allowing people to carry in their stores. There is a copy of the letter and a confirmation by a trusted member who called to confirm. I know a lot of people patronize them because of their past stance and thought people would want to know their new stance.

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/231283-no-more-guns-welcome-starbucks.html

Last edited:

chowda

Ya know, as a business owner, if I had a bunch of buffoons carrying in loaded rifles and shotguns into my place of business, I'd put a "no clowns allowed" sign on my front door too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ya know, as a business owner, if I had a bunch of buffoons carrying in loaded rifles and shotguns into my place of business, I'd put a "no clowns allowed" sign on my front door too.

So you consider LAC exercising their rights and not threatening anyone as clowns, stupid and foolish. While we prefer carrying properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal every day lives, I would not be so quick to castigate others for their choice.

WalkingWolf

So you consider LAC exercising their rights and not threatening anyone as clowns, stupid and foolish. While we prefer carrying properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal every day lives, I would not be so quick to castigate others for their choice.

Plus there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that the decision was made due to OC long guns. What some are doing is bad as the anti OC rhetoric by the concealed only fanatics. Some people should REALLY be ashamed for jumping to conclusions.

eye95

I would call someone carrying an AR into SB just to make a point (and causing the rest of us carriers to be deemed unwelcome) a buffoon.

They did something they thought would help the cause. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know that it would hurt the cause. It did hurt the cause. Buffoonery by buffoons.

eye95

Plus there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that the decision was made due to OC long guns. What some are doing is bad as the anti OC rhetoric by the concealed only fanatics. Some people should REALLY be ashamed for jumping to conclusions.

So what did cause it? Folks with properly holstered handguns going in, ordering a cup, enjoying it, and leaving?

Or folks going in with an AR, handling the damned thing, and taking pictures? Or folks portraying SB as "pro-gun" and scheduling SB appreciation events?

I believe it was the latter two. Buffoonery.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Does anyone have specific knowledge of these alleged events or are there some amongst us that are assuming too much?

Personally, I've never seen an AR in Starbuck's so could not have seen someone "handling" one.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Please somebody post info from SB that they requested ALL guns not be brought into the business because of long guns. Seems they could have saved a lot of grief by just banning shotguns and rifles if that was the reason.

I get so tired of people making assumptions, and outright LYING.

davidmcbeth

Banned

If you did put up such a sign, then how would you get into the building? You would be banning yourself!

eye95

Please somebody post info from SB that they requested ALL guns not be brought into the business because of long guns. Seems they could have saved a lot of grief by just banning shotguns and rifles if that was the reason.

I get so tired of people making assumptions, and outright LYING.

See my reply in the other thread. I don't care about your conclusion. Most folks would look at what happened and similarly conclude that it was the foolishness including AR carry (along with handling them and photographing this insanity) and SB appreciation days, not unadorned OC to which SB reacted.

As in the other thread, I won't bother responding to you in this thread on our respective conclusions regarding why SB did this. Rational folks will draw their own conclusions. I firmly believe they will draw a similar reasonable conclusion as I have.

Moving on to something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

See my reply in the other thread. I don't care about your conclusion. Most folks would look at what happened and similarly conclude that it was the foolishness including AR carry (along with handling them and photographing this insanity) and SB appreciation days, not unadorned OC to which SB reacted.

As in the other thread, I won't bother responding to you in this thread on our respective conclusions regarding why SB did this. Rational folks will draw their own conclusions. I firmly believe they will draw a similar reasonable conclusion as I have.

Moving on to something else.

<o>

You are spreading lies, we normally have a name for people who spread lies. Show proof that long guns or appreciation days was responsible for SB's decision.

JustJack

When did stating one's own opinion of how or why something happened, and how they reached said conclusion, become lying? I keep seeing WalkingWolf asking Eye95 to provide cites for his OPINION, but never providing any for HIS. Petty argument for petty argument's sake?

WalkingWolf

When did stating one's own opinion of how or why something happened, and how they reached said conclusion, become lying? I keep seeing WalkingWolf asking Eye95 to provide cites for his OPINION, but never providing any for HIS. Petty argument for petty argument's sake?

He did NOT post an opinion, or he would have added that, he in fact claimed his opinions was fact. That is lying!

JustJack

So what did cause it? Folks with properly holstered handguns going in, ordering a cup, enjoying it, and leaving?

Or folks going in with an AR, handling the damned thing, and taking pictures? Or folks portraying SB as "pro-gun" and scheduling SB appreciation events?

I believe it was the latter two. Buffoonery.
When one states their "belief" in something, that is opinion.

eye95

Keen observation. I am just letting it slide because almost all rational folks will see his post exactly the way you do.

So, to that post, all I have to say is, "meh."

<o>

eye95

When one states their "belief" in something, that is opinion.

It is a conclusion based on the facts. Such conclusions, not able to be proved, are necessarily opinions. I have clearly stated that it is a conclusion. However a certain poster is just ignoring that.

A lot of the stuff he posts has value--which is why I took him off ignore. Every once in a while he posts this kind of crap--which is why he had been on ignore.

Anyway, you have thoroughly dismantled his accusation of "lying," and that is all that matters.

Thanks for the posts.

<o>

Tammi Riddle

Posted my coffee shop in East Texas as Second Amendment friendly!

Wednesday evening I posted a sign stating that my coffee shop in Mineola, TX is Second Amendment Friendly. It seems to have caused a stir which is suprisingly supportive for the most part. The following link is to ONE of the interviews I did with one of the for media outlets who covered the story.
http://www.cbs19.tv/story/23481499/grab-a-cup-of-coffeeand-a-gun