• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to re-think those coffee meets...Starbucks apparently caves...

tombrewster421

I wonder if they ever will enforce this? They're really just trying to keep both pro and antis as customers by making antis think that they got their way while making it clear to us that we can stay as we are because they refuse to enforce it. Talk about playing Switzerland.

Alpine

Refusing to enforce it means that they won't be asking customers to leave.

In this state you cannot be trespassed if they do not ask you to leave and especially not if they are entering into a business relationship with you, a.k.a., taking your money and serving you as the directive suggests.

So looks like Keep Calm and Carry On in Starbucks. If they see us stop carrying then they'll think they've won. We need to keep carrying as usual and this will probably blow over and go away if we stand our ground.

XD40sc

I don't buy or drink over priced burnt tasting coffee that can't be ordered by common sizes (small, large) or served by the snooty baristas.

I haven't been in a SB in probably 15 years (once was more than enough) but I do walk past a kiosk SB at the entrance of the grocery store we frequent.

No rethink required on my part.

But it is a shame that they have caved to the libtard crybabies that soil themselves at the sight of an armed citizen.

deanf

I hate to say I Told You So, but I told you so.

We should never have co-opted their logo or portrayed them as pro-gun. They asked us not to do this, but we ignored their request.

We should have been very circumspect.

Nice going.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I agree that we pissed them off by doing what they asked us not to do. If we just carried there normally without purposely using their brand to promote our cause, we'd still be welcome.

Even though they are not going to "enforce it," I must now stop going there, and I am irritated at all who turned them against us.

Note, it was not the carrying in their store that turned them against us. It was the purposely using their stores as political arenas that did it.

If all you did was carry there during the course of your daily grind (ha ha), like me, I am not irritated at you. But if you purposely used Starbucks as a political arena, hopefully you'll understand what the difference is.

If I had a store like that, I'd be very pro-carry and very leave-me-out-of-it, too.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Uh, what is that website? Has this letter been confirmed through a legitimate website, or are we all just getting ourselves into a froth over nothing?

Call or email them, they will confirm it for you. I could tell you I've done it but you'd likely question that as well, right?
It's not like you know me.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Yeah, I hate their coffee anyway. Let's meet up at Safeway, $1.00 for any size drink.

My response to their corporation:
You won't go broke losing my business, since I didn't really like your coffee in the first place. The only reason I drank your coffee was your stance on the 2nd Amendment. Now you have lost my few measly dollars with your new stance. I thank you on behalf of my wallet, and my stomach. I can brew a crappy cup of coffee in my kitchen for pennies.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
nothing on the Onion, nothing on Starbucks site,

However ABC just picked up the story.....

me thinks pics like this did NOT help our cause.......

things.png

BobR

Really, who didn't see this coming?

After the last round of unwanted publicity, the great 2A Starbucks gathering, the handwriting was on the wall. SB has said time and time again they did not want to be involved, yet 2A groups kept putting them up front as a supporter of the 2A. Actually, they were more of the live and let live, within the laws of your state kind of people.

I am not at all surprised at this, and won't be surprised when in the future they will ban firearms all together. Because, you know, now they will be subjected to pressure, ridicule, and an unrelenting grass roots campaign by 2A supporters who don't understand the concept that Starbucks is a privately owned corporation and can do whatever they want on their properties.

bob

davidmcbeth

Banned

We should never have co-opted their logo or portrayed them as pro-gun. They asked us not to do this, but we ignored their request.

Nice going.

well I didn't ....

Stretch

Nice going.

Exactly right.

PDXGuy

Well, if anyone lives around the Orchards area, Coffee Villa on 4th Plain is Open Carry-friendly and proud of it.

Screw Starbucks if they are taking this stance. Head over to Coffee Villa and a give gun-friendly coffee shop your business.

They deserve it for taking a stand.

Last edited:

amzbrady

So I wonder. Some businesses will be posting no guns allowed signs. So are the signs our warning and if we enter can at that time be trespassed? What authority will law enforcement have on private property if there is a sign and a customer makes a call, not an agent of the store?