• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official: Starbucks caves.

va_tazdad

va_tazdad

Story from another angle.

"Schultz hopes people will honor the request not to bring in guns but says the company will nevertheless serve those who do.""We will not ask you to leave," he said.

My store knows me as I have been carrying there ever since they opened and we shall see if they start saying anything. Perhaps there is a chance I can still get my Pumpkin Spice Frap while they last!!!!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-customers-not-to-bring-guns-into-stores?lite

;>)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"We are tired of being used by both sides as a pawn in a matter that has nothing to do with our reason for being in business. And one side, that probably is a bigger business base than the other, has been behaving very badly (if not illegally) during this but we are afraid to go very far in saying that because they are our bigger customer base.

"Folks from both sides bring money into our stores, which we like. But we are tired of both the disruption to business that being made a pawn engenders, and mostly we are tired of being accused by both sides of supporting the other side. THe only dog we have in this fight is that we want your dollars in out till."

So - congratulations to us all, on both sides. Hope we are all proud of ourselves.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
"We are tired of being used by both sides as a pawn in a matter that has nothing to do with our reason for being in business. And one side, that probably is a bigger business base than the other, has been behaving very badly (if not illegally) during this but we are afraid to go very far in saying that because they are our bigger customer base.

"Folks from both sides bring money into our stores, which we like. But we are tired of both the disruption to business that being made a pawn engenders, and mostly we are tired of being accused by both sides of supporting the other side. THe only dog we have in this fight is that we want your dollars in out till."

So - congratulations to us all, on both sides. Hope we are all proud of ourselves.

stay safe.

Couldn't have said better!

The biggest gripe I have with Kirby Burch and his dog hunting ditch targets is that they have a "We can do as we please" attitude.
Unfortunately, we get a little carried away sometimes too.

BLKH2O

Retired and on a fixed income. Couldn't afford the fancy coffee to begin with. Will have to stick with the Folgers instant and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Any attempts to open carry in Starbucks after this will be portrayed as "gun nuts don't respect others' rights".

Please respect their right to request that we not purchase their products or appear on their property.

(But I'd love to get a big carafe of good coffee, and some folding chairs, and have a coffee party across the street. Mind you, this is just a fantasy.)

va_tazdad

Refusal of service will not happen.

Any attempts to open carry in Starbucks after this will be portrayed as "gun nuts don't respect others' rights".

Please respect their right to request that we not purchase their products or appear on their property.

(But I'd love to get a big carafe of good coffee, and some folding chairs, and have a coffee party across the street. Mind you, this is just a fantasy.)

"Schultz hopes people will honor the request not to bring in guns but says the company will nevertheless serve those who do."

"We will not ask you to leave," he said.

They also have a memo for the employees advising them not to request we leave simply for carrying.

VW_Factor

I don't care of its a ban or not. Why would you go somewhere and support something when you know your not welcome or wanted!

They have simply modified their "neutral" position to prefer not neutral position.

Although, it is pretty damning however.

"Carrying, bothers our customers". I am your customer, what about me being comfortable?

coorsleftfield

No they never had a position, they just wanted to sell coffee and be left out of the issue, but some people chose to make it Starbucks a place to make a political statement which cause them a bunch of hassle from both sides.

nuc65

Activist Member
No they never had a position, they just wanted to sell coffee and be left out of the issue, but some people chose to make it Starbucks a place to make a political statement which cause them a bunch of hassle from both sides.

+1

I think this was the crux of the problem, antis said ban, they said no we want to sell coffee and the law is not our domain. Pros said yes they are pro lets have meetings and appreciation show our support of their (non) support.

They are trying to send the same message, leave us to sell coffee, that is our interest. We still don't have, and don't want to have, a dog in this fight, we want to sell coffee.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

+1 As stated, that is the crux of the issue. They just wanted to be left alone in this debate and not make a statement either way. They said that they follow state law, period.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. People on both sides of the argument wanted to take the issue into their arena. I have no issue with showing support for them by patronizing their business, but sometimes we need to be aware of certain sensitivities....i.e planning an appreciation event at the Newtown, Ct. Starbucks, causing them to close down for the day.

Last edited: