• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official: Starbucks caves.

grylnsmn

Just called and was told they only refund new unused gift cards. Looks like starbucks gets to hold onto $20 of mine indefinitely.

Sell it to someone for $15 or use it up at a drive through (or grocery store) location. Using the card increases their costs. Letting them keep the money only increases their profit margins.

hgreen

Sell it to someone for $15 or use it up at a drive through (or grocery store) location. Using the card increases their costs. Letting them keep the money only increases their profit margins.

Give it to a lib friend if you have any for a gift. (By "if you have any" I mean lib friends not just friends in general!

Ended up using it at a starbucks located in a Target. Target is indifferent to OC and the starbucks there has no control of who can or can't come into the store. Not that I plan to continue shopping at any starbucks, but its the best way I think to use up gift cards, still be armed, and not violate the wishes of the company.

Last edited:

DJEEPER

I cant help but think that this sort of activity aided the CEO to release such a letter.

1234263_10153289746070217_357893895_n.jpg

This @ssclown brandished his AR15 into the store. My face would be the exact same as the lady in the background.

As many of you know, I am very much in support of long gun open carry....BUT...only if it is done properly (slung on shoulder, muzzle pointing in safe direction, etc). I do NOT, however, support this guy's choice method. I wish I could have met this guy in person to give him a piece of my mind and reprimand him on his detrimental actions.

va_tazdad

Exactly

I cant help but think that this sort of activity aided the CEO to release such a letter.

1234263_10153289746070217_357893895_n.jpg

This @ssclown brandished his AR15 into the store. My face would be the exact same as the lady in the background.

As many of you know, I am very much in support of long gun open carry....BUT...only if it is done properly (slung on shoulder, muzzle pointing in safe direction, etc). I do NOT, however, support this guy's choice method. I wish I could have met this guy in person to give him a piece of my mind and reprimand him on his detrimental actions.

+100

What he is doing sure didn't help anyone and it makes him look like an idiot.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Local media coverage with a poll:...

Which reminds me, has any legitimate newspaper's online poll ever gotten more anti-gun votes than pro-gun votes? I know they are not scientific polls, but I've never seen one that wasn't solidly pro-gun in the results.

architect

Seems like an effective way to express dissatisfaction with Starbuck's policies would be to buy gift cards and immediately demand a refund 'for cause.' If enough people did this, they'll change their redemption policy, but it could certainly be attention-getting at minimal out of pocket cost.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
While i generally hate to resurrect old threads; this one deserves additional information.

In the weeks following the September 2001 attack on the pentagon, a massive recovery effort was put in place by the FBI and other agencies. While this was going on a lot of companies ponied up and supplied food, cloths, on site medical services and a lot of other things free if charge ti those involved in the recovery efforts. In fact there were so many companies that the entire South parking lot was filled with these vendors. These activities went on around the clock. Who knew McDonalds had a portable resturant or that Outback could supply hundreds of steak dinners with no lines.

Anyway; in the middle of all of this, Starbucks showed up. But there was a big difference. They were charging for their coffee. It took about two hours for the other vendors to literally send them packing as an unwelcome profiteer.

While i was never a fan of designer coffee; i have not been to a Starbucks since that time. I promised myself right then and there that Starbucks would never see one dollar of my money. I made that promise standing in a hazardous materials protective suit, in 90 degree heat, surrounded by American heroes living and dead.

I could not care less if they support my right to carry or not. No company that decides to make money within sight of the bodies of fallen American heroes does not deserve my business.

YMMV

Regards

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

The Snopes article discusses a Starbucks reaction to a request for water at Ground Zero in New York, and it does mention that Starbucks provided free coffee. It appears that the charge for water was the decision by one Starbucks employee, an action that was reversed by Starbucks corporate after it became a public issue. Kind of a PR debacle for Starbucks, but they ended up doing the right thing.

Is there any validation of the story where Starbucks charged for coffee at the Navy Yard incident?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find it interesting that none of us on the gun forums seems to personally know even one of the obnoxious brandishers...

Agents Provocateur....?

I'm considered a pretty big pain in the ass and I wouldn't do crap like this... Not to mention that several of the posted pictures involve actual brandishing, yet nobody was arrested... While the same thin blue line jumps at the chance to arrest OCers who AREN'T doing anything wrong... Why are those who post their ownself-incrminating evidence arrested? I do OC a rifle whenever I can, but I don't pose or hold it in my hand...

The shoe fits, and what little anecdotal evidence exists supports it... Not proof, but it makes the most sense.

It just doesn't add up to real-world behavior. Local Cops posing with their own guns? Paid-for by Brady and/or Bloomturd? With such a community, how can they all be total unknowns? The rate of "I know that guy" is way to low to be naturally occuring.