• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross off StarBuck$

Show-me_Greg

Chief Executive Howard Schultz said in an open letter to customers late Tuesday that Starbucks Appreciation Day events "disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of 'open carry.' To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores."

The coffee chain did not, however, issue an outright ban on guns in its nearly 7,000 company-owned cafes, saying this would potentially require staff to confront armed customers.

Schultz said more people had been bringing guns into Starbucks shops over the last six months, prompting confusion and dismay among some customers and employees.

"I'm not worried we're going to lose customers over this," he told Reuters. "I feel like I've made the best decision in the interest of our company."

They don't want "events", but did not ban open carry yet.

Looks like we need to contact them and tell them that they will LOSE customers, starting with me!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
" We believe that gun policy should be addressed by government and law enforcement—not by Starbucks and our store partners."

So his position is cops are to enforce his own company policies.

interesting perspective.

larueman

Wal Mart is next within 6 months.

Every state will have open carry but no one will be able to go to wal mart to practice it. Oh noes where they gonna goes!

fwk

Better to leave your firearm in your car so someone can break into the car in the parking lot and steal the firearm.
This happens more than we know