• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns no longer welcomed at Starbucks

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Well the world would be a much nicer place if people tried to be a little "classier". But, in our dumbed down world, I'll settle for not running me down while they are driving & texting as I dash for my life across the street.
:(

Starbuck's is not the place for most here anyway. The majority of their patrons are lonely anti-social people who go there to be lonely in a large group of lonely anti-social people. :eek:There have been a few articles on this subject recently in the news. Needless to say you SMELLSLIKEMICHIGAN don't fit their mold. ;)

ETA - http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/9-things-you-didnt-know-about-starbucks-110283

FUQ - " The small tables are circular so there don't seem to be any empty seats and costumers dining alone don't feel-or appear-lonely."

Guess lots of the "lonely people" belong at: Starbuck's :(
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0gpPs4flw8

you're right. i'm only moderately anti-social.

Kopis

i OCed at 2 starbucks this weekend, one in the "liberal" midtown area. Got a few annoyed looks but that's it. wife and i played backgammon outside for an hour.

SpringerXDacp

Were you guys reading the same letter I was? I took it more as a hey we don't really care what you do or don't do but please take the political debate somewhere else type of thing.

You're right, the letter was not an outright ban on firearms. However, Schultz asked nicely for folks not to bring their firearms and political agendas inside the stores. Spend your money elsewhere and accept the SUV drivin', soccer mommies won this battle and move on.

FreeInAZ

You're right, the letter was not an outright ban on firearms. However, Schultz asked nicely for folks not to bring their firearms and political agendas inside the stores. Spend your money elsewhere and accept the SUV drivin', soccer mommies won this battle and move on.

Well when some loon walks in and starts blowing people away..... you'll hear all those mommies crying...where were all the "good people" with guns??? At another coffee shop ding bats, thanks to you. :rolleyes:

Bernymac

Well when some loon walks in and starts blowing people away..... you'll hear all those mommies crying...where were all the "good people" with guns??? At another coffee shop ding bats, thanks to you. :rolleyes:

That question is never going to come out of an anti-gunner, ever. No matter the consequence.

Evil Creamsicle

That question is never going to come out of an anti-gunner, ever. No matter the consequence.

Nope, they'll take that one nutjob and say "see, this is why we didn't want you nutjobs here" and "we told you guns are dangerous"

One kid shoots a spitball and they want to keep the whole class in from recess.

bbMurphy

Nope. Never gonna happen. The mommies will cry out 'Where were the police? Why didn't they get there in time to protect all of them?'. They will NEVER ask where all of the LAC with guns were. It's not in their DNA. Can't teach stupid chromosomes. :)

FreeInAZ

Nope. Never gonna happen. The mommies will cry out 'Where were the police? Why didn't they get there in time to protect all of them?'. They will NEVER ask where all of the LAC with guns were. It's not in their DNA. Can't teach stupid chromosomes. :)

Well I was hoping against all odds that some of the public would start to see that: good guys with guns help, not increase their chance of becoming a bullet stop. Hell - thanks to one former Royal Marine 100 unarmed people were saved in a mall in africa. Too bad he wasn't just mooobooo the janitor with a glock. Then we wouldn't hear "well of course a highly trained military man with a gun can make a difference in a mall shooting." What people fail to consider is: if the dirt bags that do this stuff knew most of the people at starbucks or the mall could shoot back, they'd gun to a easier place where self protection is banned.

Last edited: