Thread: 9/18 SHORT NOTICE: Ann Arbor--County Meeting

9/18 SHORT NOTICE: Ann Arbor--County Meeting

UPDATE from MOC: CANCELLED
    Quote Originally Posted by MOC
    In short, we won -- for now. The Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners has pulled the anti-gun resolution from tonight's agenda. I suspect the idea of controversy, a meeting packed with 2A supporters, and the spotlight caused many backers of the item to change their mind.
    Saw my email alert from MOC. I'll be there. Anyone want to ride along from Novi or along the way?

Washtenaw County Administration Building, Board Room
    220 N. Main Street
    Ann Arbor, Michigan

Michigan Open Carry Inc., an advocacy group based in Lansing, is encouraging people who live near Ann Arbor to attend the Sept. 18, 2013 meeting of the Washtenaw County board of commissioners and protest a resolution that asks state legislators to repeal Michigan’s version of a “stand your ground” law.
    http://annarborchronicle.com/2013/09...-county-board/
    Last edited by DanM; 09-18-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Cancelled

This gathering of gun-rights advocates is cancelled. Please see the updated OP.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Responding to an MOC communication, several gun owners including myself appeared at last night's Commission meeting. Most of us spoke against the t.urd that is their drafted resolution calling for "Stand Your Ground" repeal. A couple of speakers on our side didn't appear to be affiliated with us.

I think one person voiced support for the resolution. One.
    Last edited by DanM; 10-03-2013 at 09:02 AM.