• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks To Post At Their Stores

anmut

Well my days of Starbucks was over after their Newtown hissyfit. Looks like my premonition was correct - the liberal, over-priced coffee shop has sent official notice to ban firearms. Well, at least the legally carried firearms. Criminals, murders and robbers are, as always, exempt.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-starbucks-bans-guns-stores-maybe/

Our friend at gunssavelife.com, John Boch, has just posted a notice at the org’s site announcing that Starbucks has caved to the shrieking of Shannon Watts and Moms Demand Action and have banned guns in their stores. He’s attached a photo of a notice to their employees, above, (h/t pafoa.org) entitled Our Public Request: No Weapons in our Stores. Reading the notice, however, it appears that Starbucks is attempting to split the baby here. While their policy is that guns will not be welcome in their stores, they don’t intend to enforce it, either. The proof of the pudding, though, will be whether or not they post notices (in accordance with local laws in various states) that would carry the force of law. Reading between the lines, it doesn’t sound like that’s the intent. Still, feathers will be ruffled.

arentol

The funny thing is that this all got pushed to the forefront due to a recent situation in Seattle where the OC'ers spoke to local management before a very very small meet-up at a local Starbucks. They choose to respected the management's request not to meet there on that particular occasion, which was only requested to avoid the anti-Starbucks media push coming from the Anti's. It didn't work though. The Anti's ignored that Starbucks was no longer involved and turned the whole thing into major local news in which they bashed the hell out of Starbucks. The Anti's then proceeded to protest the OC'ers while standing in front of Starbucks knowing full well that the OC group wasn't there and wasn't going to be there.

So, as usual, the only reasonable and accommodating folks in the situation was the OC'ers, but it is the Anti's, acting with intentionally misplaced malice, that win the day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

skeith5

Arentol, I was there. It was great seeing the look of disappointment on the faces of the antis who realized we had only been a couple blocks away. At least we got a friendly wave from them.

Law abider

Just Sent Starbucks Corporate Office This E mail

We enjoy stopping at Starbucks, because my wife likes your coffee and that at a decent price.We will no longer be visiting the stores because of the recent decision by your CEO Howard Schultz to uphold rights of some over others. He has a right to choose to respect one amendment in the bill of rights over the other. I have a right to frequent other coffee emporiums that respect our right to keep and bear arms.

anmut

Except that says nothing about 'posting'. In fact, it says the opposite.

Did you read the article or the letter?

It says that weapons are not allowed in their stores. If local, liberal managers of Wisconsin Starbucks don't take that as a chance to run and buy No Weapons signs, I'll eat my hat.

davidmcbeth

Banned
+1 to OP .... knows the deal ... instead of deciding what they heck their new policy means, taking a pro-active approach.

He who waits gets left behind

Interceptor_Knight

It says that weapons are not allowed in their stores. If local, liberal managers of Wisconsin Starbucks don't take that as a chance to run and buy No Weapons signs, I'll eat my hat.

Are you reading the same thing as the rest of us???
The notice to employees clearly states that ALL customers are welcome in their stores even if they are Openly Carrying...
They are NOT to post and overtly ban weapons..

courtesy-gunssavelife.com_.jpg

Last edited:

MKEgal

join the thread...

Already one in hot topics.
And here's the actual post by the CEO.
See where it says:
"I am writing today with a respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas."

And in various interviews, he's quoted as saying that he doesn't "believe guns should be part of the Starbuck's experience".
I don't think he's thought this through, 'cause he's just painted a big target on their stores, increasing the chance that guns will be part of the experience.

E6chevron

Not welcoming will = posted. How many business have we fought (a few Walmarts come to mind) where corporate policy allows it but a rouge manager enforces his own belief.

It WILL happen.

By definition, a rogue manager can create problems at any business, regardless of what the policy is of the owner. If they do, report them, same as always.

I am sure that they don't welcome loud, obnoxious, dirty, nasty customers. But they don't post their stores against that either. Don't want whining brat kids creating a disturbance. etc.

If you want to go there, go there. For various reasons, I have done business with places that weren't anxious for my business, because it offered advantages to me. If you carry concealed, they won't even know, and you won't be violating any law.

Win win

Firearms Iinstuctor

They are splitting hairs trying to have it both ways. So if any one group complains They can say yes or no to them.

I never brought a thing from them the closest is more then 60 miles from me.

Plus I can make coffee a lot cheaper.

It would be a lot nicer for them to remain strong and pro gun.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I see this as a way to try and save face with their yuppie liberal base and not alienate people who exercise their rights at the same time.

The whiniest beotch always gets the butt lube,
So they got the whiners lubed up so the quit squeaking, and at the same time saying that firearms are not welcome, yet no hardline rule is to be enforced.

whats the word i'm looking for? Waffling maybe?