Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks is caving!

Starbucks is caving!

Starbucks is no longer welcoming open carry in their coffee shops. While they won't ask us to leave or confront us, they are asking us to not bring our firearms in. Here's the story:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...hultz/2829937/

Please email, call and/or write Starbucks and voice your disapproval. Let's all buy our coffee from 7-11 today. I'm sure gonna miss my Salted Caramel Frappachinos.

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner, Liberty is a well armed lamb protesting the vote.
    Ben Franklin

My msg to Starbucks.

TBG

Mr. Shultz

Thank you for making clear your request that I no longer open carry my personal protection in or outside of your stores. I have therefore instructed my family, 6 of us, to honor your request and we will no longer be patronizing your establishments nor buying your products from the grocery stores.

Don't worry about us though as you have plenty of competition we will have no problem getting our cup of Joe.

You state that certain people are uncomfortable with my visible firearm, I guess concealed is ok, but as I am uncomfortable with not being able to provide for the protection of my family and myself while in your stores, I simply can't put us in the position of danger that you require.

I have always found it curious that people are not afraid of what they can't see, but are afraid of what they can. I won't bore you with logic as people who are anti rights only operate on emotion and common sense escapes them.

Good luck to you sir, I hope for your investors sake it all works out for you.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguyswife View Post
    Starbucks is no longer welcoming open carry in their coffee shops. While they won't ask us to leave or confront us, they are asking us to not bring our firearms in. Here's the story:

Please email, call and/or write Starbucks and voice your disapproval. Let's all buy our coffee from 7-11 today. I'm sure gonna miss my Salted Caramel Frappachinos.

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie
    The only loud folks I have ever seen at these so called events were the antis. And by the by McDs as some good coffee products.

We just sent emails as well. Took forever seems they have some busy servers.

Banned

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie
    Everyday perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    We just sent emails as well. Took forever seems they have some busy servers.

I was on hold for over 15 minutes to talk to a CSR today. Had to hang up to go to work. I'll try again. I think we need to not only email but call and write as well. I will be honest and say that I am dying for a Frap right....there is a Starbucks literally less than 300 feet from my front door....God help me!

Stephanie
    big guys wife
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner, Liberty is a well armed lamb protesting the vote.
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Everyday perhaps?
    How about Dunkin Donuts...are they open carry friendly? We could all buy Dunkin Donuts and go stand outside Starbucks and eat them! That might send a message!

Stephanie
    big guys wife.
    Ben Franklin

I was on hold for over 15 minutes to talk to a CSR today. Had to hang up to go to work. I'll try again. I think we need to not only email but call and write as well. I will be honest and say that I am dying for a Frap right....there is a Starbucks literally less than 300 feet from my front door....God help me!

Stephanie
    big guys wife
    You only think you're dying for one. Get busy and make me dinner, I'm heading home.

TBG

[QUOTE=The Big Guy;1985598]My msg to Starbucks.

TBG

Mr. Shultz

T I have therefore instructed my family, 6 of us, to honor your request and we will no longer be patronizing your establishments nor buying your products from the grocery stores.

Sweetie,

We have 7 children...that 9 of us....
    Ben Franklin

[QUOTE=bigguyswife;1985878]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    My msg to Starbucks.

TBG

Mr. Shultz

T I have therefore instructed my family, 6 of us, to honor your request and we will no longer be patronizing your establishments nor buying your products from the grocery stores.

Sweetie,

There are only 6 of us at home...

TBG

I've been a Gold Card member since 2007. Last night I removed all my cards and billing information from my profile. It is now just a useless shell. I visited a local drive thru espresso shop today, instead. Got my coffee and it was as good as, what's their name? What pisses me off, and I guess, knowing now they didn't really care, was when we jumped through hoops to show our support when the anti's were boycotting. I travelled 45 minutes, to walk in, buy a drink and show my support. They had no clue. Maybe they will see a dip in sales and associate it with this letter.
    Hoka hey

[QUOTE=The Big Guy;1985879]

There are only 6 of us at home...

TBG
    My wife says you should not be in charge of head count. You guys made for a good laugh for me and my wife.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Sweetie,

Proof that too much coffee screws up your ability to count.

Regarding Starbucks, this new policy means NOTHING. They're not going to ask you to leave. It's only a way to get the hoplophobes to believe something has been done. If I were a coffee drinker, I would go out of my way to go there while OCing.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    ...Regarding Starbucks, this new policy means NOTHING. They're not going to ask you to leave....
    The new policy is an official 'You are not welcome if you are armed.' That is not nothing. So while the staff have been officially instructed that they are to never ask you to leave for it, they will be thinking: 'Here's another one that is carrying here against our policy.'

How much better if they were thinking some day: 'Hey, have you noticed how long it's been since those armed guys have been here? Bummer that we lost their business, and that guy in the instructor shirt was cute, too.'
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie
    I would rather lick spilled coffee off a vomit soaked street than go to 7-11. In Oklahoma they have it posted on their doors the little guns with a line through them.

[QUOTE=28kfps;1985947]

My wife says you should not be in charge of head count. You guys made for a good laugh for me and my wife.
    My wife, 4 kids and me at home. That makes 6. The three oldest are out on their own and they didn't listen to me when they lived here, they sure as hell aren't going to now.

When you're laughin' at me, your leavin' the rest alone.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by the big guy View Post
    you only think you're dying for one. Get busy and make me dinner, i'm heading home.

Tbg
    l.o.l.

You can't even convince other gun owners that OC at Starbucks was a good idea how are you going to convince Starbucks they are wrong or even 7-11?

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...ns-Into-Stores

Yeah and I'm going to go into my local 7-11 with a sign like this. (How quickly we forget)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...eaven-for-7-11

but of course it's not a REAL sign and the other person didn't see it posted.

Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    Maybe they will see a dip in sales and associate it with this letter.
    We'll see. But so far, I have seen plenty of business with clear anti-gun policies still thriving and haven't folded due to lack of sales from gun owners. It is clearly not affecting their bottom line.
    Last edited by Bernymac; 09-20-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    Snip

We'll see. But so far, I have seen plenty of business with clear anti-gun policies still thriving and haven't folded due to lack of sales from gun owners. It is clearly not affecting their bottom line.
    Very few people stand on principles.

TBG

Isn't hounding them to take a stance on guns (maybe not on our end) what made this happen in the first place?
    I mean, anti-gunners told them not to allow guns, they said they will follow state laws and will not make a policy one way or the other.
    Then they get boycotted, so to show our support we carry in Starbucks to get coffee.
    Now the antis are sending e-mail after e-mail and calling and I think I even heard of some threats.
    So now the CEO of Starbucks is trying to get out of the middle of a situation he asked to stay out of in the first place and now we won't let that happen.
    He only asked that we not carry in Starbucks but said that we will not be stopped if we do.
    So why are we doing the same thing the antis did before?
    Leave Starbucks out of a debate they want no part of.
    If you feel it is necessary not to spend your money at Starbucks then fine, don't do it but quit putting them on the forefront of a fight they want no part of.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    Isn't hounding them to take a stance on guns (maybe not on our end) what made this happen in the first place?
    I mean, anti-gunners told them not to allow guns, they said they will follow state laws and will not make a policy one way or the other.
    Then they get boycotted, so to show our support we carry in Starbucks to get coffee.
    Now the antis are sending e-mail after e-mail and calling and I think I even heard of some threats.
    So now the CEO of Starbucks is trying to get out of the middle of a situation he asked to stay out of in the first place and now we won't let that happen.
    He only asked that we not carry in Starbucks but said that we will not be stopped if we do.
    If you feel it is necessary not to spend your money at Starbucks then fine, don't do it but quit putting them on the forefront of a fight they want no part of.

Just my 2 cents.
    They tried to sit on the fence and got splinters in their corporate butt for the effort. We didn't start this, the anti's did. He felt he had to make a choice between them or us, he picked them. So be it.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post

Just my 2 cents.
    Yes, the anti's turned on the spotlight. And some open carriers were caught in it, but Starbucks wisely ignored it, and asked that we ignore the spotlight, too.

Then, some "supporters" of the neutral Starbucks decided to take advantage of the spotlight and show up tacticoolly, including with rifles, and posting pictures of such on the Internet. It because popular to use a modified version of their logo holding guns. None of this supported the neutral position Starbucks wanted, and indeed was exactly the opposite of what they asked.

So now they've decided that being neutral didn't work for them. I commend them for trying it first. But some guys really ruined it for the rest of us. Regardless, the official stance is that all weapons and their carriers are unwelcome. I am therefore unwelcome, and I don't go where I am unwelcome. I especially do not give money to people who have expressed that I am officially unwelcome, regardless of the smile on their face if I ignore their polite request.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

They tried to sit on the fence and got splinters in their corporate butt for the effort. We didn't start this, the anti's did. He felt he had to make a choice between them or us, he picked them. So be it.

TBG
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Yes, the anti's turned on the spotlight. And some open carriers were caught in it, but Starbucks wisely ignored it, and asked that we ignore the spotlight, too.

Then, some "supporters" of the neutral Starbucks decided to take advantage of the spotlight and show up tacticoolly, including with rifles, and posting pictures of such on the Internet. It because popular to use a modified version of their logo holding guns. None of this supported the neutral position Starbucks wanted, and indeed was exactly the opposite of what they asked.

So now they've decided that being neutral didn't work for them. I commend them for trying it first. But some guys really ruined it for the rest of us. Regardless, the official stance is that all weapons and their carriers are unwelcome. I am therefore unwelcome, and I don't go where I am unwelcome. I especially do not give money to people who have expressed that I am officially unwelcome, regardless of the smile on their face if I ignore their polite request.
    Fair enough. Thank you for your POV. The only reason I went to Starbucks was to show my support for their stance on the issue. Now I guess I don't have to go out of my way to spend money there.

Starbucks appears very principled to me. They seem very oriented in running their coffee business. They have been bullied on both side by anti gunners trying to get them to adhere to anti gun values and actions. They are bullied by pro gun folks who insist on doing things at Starbucks that they do not do other places. Starbucks made the statement early on that they do not want to be the "Poster child" for gun anything. The people trying to use Starbucks for a platform (does not matter which way) are wanting to push there views on Starbucks, but when Starbucks has a view they don't like, it is boycott time. That to me is HYPOCRITICAL and embarrassing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast