Thread: Made the news guy carring guns

Made the news guy carring guns

First I will say this yes I was taping ill post it when I figure out how..
    Second I never refused anything cause sheriff ...um.. It had a lot of lllllls never asked me for anything just said I was causing alarm. And that he had no reason to keep me.. Called me a private citizen

http://www.kptv.com/story/23459081/m...call-to-police

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Nice!

Way to go! I posted on that link. Sounds like a real non-issue, just news channels listening to their scanners a day after a shooting. There's no reason to give up your rights because of someones inability to respect life. Hillsboro is looking better everyday. I'm stuck in Multnomah county for now. But it sounds like A you were prepared, and B, you were respected by the police that are there to protect the rights of all. If only the media would get this idea.

Keep it up!

Steven

Thank you Steven

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Banned
    But you were near a school ... a SCHOOOOL !

I think we're all near schools all day no matter where one goes.

Solution is simple: stop having children ! Problem solved.

Sterilization plannnn....activate! Look, Kissinger's finally happy.

Most of the comments are disgustingly typical of the anti-gun Portland/Salem/Eugene mentality. ARRRGH....can we boot them out of the state?
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMoon Risin68 View Post
    Way to go! I posted on that link. Sounds like a real non-issue, just news channels listening to their scanners a day after a shooting.
    Gotta love the gun they chose to picture (a Browning Hi-Power longslide). Forget that I've never seen anybody carry one of those. It has a long barrel! It looks big! It's scarier!

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Most of the comments are disgustingly typical of the anti-gun Portland/Salem/Eugene mentality. ARRRGH....can we boot them out of the state?
    We are the ones with the guns after all, I'd say yes.
    But it would be nice if people opened their minds to the rest of the world, and saw that not all people have the same values and beliefs everyone else has.

I'm doing it again today same route same guns less than professional dress tank top tan shorts red shoes ill be leavening my house at 11:30 or so walk to winco to Cornelius pass and walk it up to tv highway past brown middle school past Ladd elementary where I was stopped.. O. To Fred Meyers get a power bar walk down century blv past the high school to Francis street park stop take some pics on up and through noble woods park and up the road to home I have the entire day off ima lose some weight!!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

i thik this is the right one

What I got from the cop talking...

'Dude, come on...stop causing me issues....I dont want to write this report...come on....just go somewhere less problematic...like the mall...or somewhere people are too busy being self-indulgent to care...come on...people are calling and they are annoying the operators who then annoy me....'

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Polic...&tab=video&c=y

And now the school go into lock down if I walk by... Totally not my intent of this! It's to show every one that there are lawful citizens out there..

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattimusmaximus View Post

And now the school go into lock down if I walk by... Totally not my intent of this! It's to show every one that there are lawful citizens out there..

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-
    Pull up a chair and sit down ... what? They gonna lock down the kids 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Well, since the First Amendment doesn't apply to people who disagree with the OC/2A crowd, and they're exempt from due process, then sure we can, because it's exactly what the rest of the U.S. likes to hear/see from gun owners, the advocating of revocation of citizenship, and re-location of anyone who doesn't agree with us. That sends a WONDERFUL message.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMoon Risin68 View Post
    We are the ones with the guns after all, I'd say yes.
    But it would be nice if people opened their minds to the rest of the world, and saw that not all people have the same values and beliefs everyone else has.
    Practice what you preach, bro. You cannot take the mote from someone's eye, until you take the beam from your own. In other words, you should open your mind to the values, and beliefs of other people, before ripping on those other people for being just as narrow-minded as yourself, when you make such statements.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Gotta love the gun they chose to picture (a Browning Hi-Power longslide). Forget that I've never seen anybody carry one of those. It has a long barrel! It looks big! It's scarier!

Could be worse! They could show a picture of a Desert Eagle .50AE, or S&W 500! Now those are scary... Even to a gun owner!
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

They could have portrayed me as an evil open carrier who doesn't care about anyone but myself and that we are just a group of crazy gun owners

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimusmaximus View Post

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-
    And for the parents of the kids in that school. Do you think you'vew influenced them toward your cause?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavtrooper View Post
    And for the parents of the kids in that school. Do you think you'vew influenced them toward your cause?

Maybe just a few kids, in the back of their developing minds realized the indoctrination is incorrect. That all firearms AREN'T dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Maybe just a few kids, in the back of their developing minds realized the indoctrination is incorrect. That all firearms AREN'T dangerous.
    Really? You believe that?
    Last edited by Cavtrooper; 10-01-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Like I said if I were to do it again it wouldn't be next to school. But I don't think it was a bad idea it was on the news the kids saw that it was a lawful thing to do. They heard on tv (the most influential factor to them) that it is within the law to open carry a gun. Good ideas prevail

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-