• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Made the news guy carring guns

BadMoon Risin68

Nice!

Way to go! I posted on that link. Sounds like a real non-issue, just news channels listening to their scanners a day after a shooting. There's no reason to give up your rights because of someones inability to respect life. Hillsboro is looking better everyday. I'm stuck in Multnomah county for now. But it sounds like A you were prepared, and B, you were respected by the police that are there to protect the rights of all. If only the media would get this idea.

Keep it up!

Steven

davidmcbeth

Banned
But you were near a school ... a SCHOOOOL !

I think we're all near schools all day no matter where one goes.

Solution is simple: stop having children ! Problem solved.

Sterilization plannnn....activate! Look, Kissinger's finally happy.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Way to go! I posted on that link. Sounds like a real non-issue, just news channels listening to their scanners a day after a shooting.

Gotta love the gun they chose to picture (a Browning Hi-Power longslide). Forget that I've never seen anybody carry one of those. It has a long barrel! It looks big! It's scarier! :lol:

557402_G.jpg

BadMoon Risin68

Most of the comments are disgustingly typical of the anti-gun Portland/Salem/Eugene mentality. ARRRGH....can we boot them out of the state?

We are the ones with the guns after all, I'd say yes.
But it would be nice if people opened their minds to the rest of the world, and saw that not all people have the same values and beliefs everyone else has.

Mattimusmaximus

I'm doing it again today same route same guns less than professional dress tank top tan shorts red shoes ill be leavening my house at 11:30 or so walk to winco to Cornelius pass and walk it up to tv highway past brown middle school past Ladd elementary where I was stopped.. O. To Fred Meyers get a power bar walk down century blv past the high school to Francis street park stop take some pics on up and through noble woods park and up the road to home I have the entire day off ima lose some weight!!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

45 Fan

What I got from the cop talking...

'Dude, come on...stop causing me issues....I dont want to write this report...come on....just go somewhere less problematic...like the mall...or somewhere people are too busy being self-indulgent to care...come on...people are calling and they are annoying the operators who then annoy me....'

DrakeZ07

Most of the comments are disgustingly typical of the anti-gun Portland/Salem/Eugene mentality. ARRRGH....can we boot them out of the state?

Well, since the First Amendment doesn't apply to people who disagree with the OC/2A crowd, and they're exempt from due process, then sure we can, because it's exactly what the rest of the U.S. likes to hear/see from gun owners, the advocating of revocation of citizenship, and re-location of anyone who doesn't agree with us. That sends a WONDERFUL message.

We are the ones with the guns after all, I'd say yes.
But it would be nice if people opened their minds to the rest of the world, and saw that not all people have the same values and beliefs everyone else has.

Practice what you preach, bro. You cannot take the mote from someone's eye, until you take the beam from your own. In other words, you should open your mind to the values, and beliefs of other people, before ripping on those other people for being just as narrow-minded as yourself, when you make such statements.

Gotta love the gun they chose to picture (a Browning Hi-Power longslide). Forget that I've never seen anybody carry one of those. It has a long barrel! It looks big! It's scarier! :lol:

557402_G.jpg

Could be worse! They could show a picture of a Desert Eagle .50AE, or S&W 500! Now those are scary... Even to a gun owner!

Mattimusmaximus

They could have portrayed me as an evil open carrier who doesn't care about anyone but myself and that we are just a group of crazy gun owners

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Jeff. State

Banned
And for the parents of the kids in that school. Do you think you'vew influenced them toward your cause?

Maybe just a few kids, in the back of their developing minds realized the indoctrination is incorrect. That all firearms AREN'T dangerous.

Mattimusmaximus

Like I said if I were to do it again it wouldn't be next to school. But I don't think it was a bad idea it was on the news the kids saw that it was a lawful thing to do. They heard on tv (the most influential factor to them) that it is within the law to open carry a gun. Good ideas prevail

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-