Thread: Al Jazeera America, Brisk trade for gun shops in shadow of Navy Yard shooting

Al Jazeera America, Brisk trade for gun shops in shadow of Navy Yard shooting

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...dshooting.html

Yamamoto may have said that he "[w]ould find a rifle behind every blade of grass," but Al Jazeera's financiers are learning it.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That gun shop in the picture is about a mile away from my office. I've been there quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Yamamoto may have said that he "[w]ould find a rifle behind every blade of grass," but Al Jazeera's financiers are learning it.
    No he didn't.

Yamamoto MAY have said that he "[w]ould find a rifle behind every blade of grass," but Al Jazeera's financiers are learning it.
    Edited for emphasis for the hard of reading.

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
    It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japanís wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009), which cites Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians", writing "I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur]".

Edited for emphasis for the hard of reading.
    He still didn't say it. The line was a complete fabrication for the movie
    Tora! Tora! Tora! to make it more rah rah America.

Bald denials are not falsifications of existence. That requires a useful citation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    He still didn't say it. The line was a complete fabrication for the movie Tora! Tora! Tora! to make it more rah rah America.
    No. The "... Awaken a sleeping giant ..." line was invented for the movie. There is no evidence on-line that "... every blade of grass ..." occurs in the movie. Read the Talk:Isoroku Yamamoto page at Wikiquotes.

Bald denials are worthless and not falsification of assertions of existence. To do that YOU must provide a useful citation.