• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edward Hambrick freed from jail after gun law ruled unconstitutional

44Brent

By Mike Flannery, FOX 32 News Political Editor

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

Prosecutors say they've dismissed all charges against at least 103 defendants arrested for illegal gun possession in Chicago.

The State Supreme Court recently ruled that part of local gun laws to be unconstitutional. Still, a spokeswoman for State's Attorney Anita Alvarez said that anyone found carrying a firearm could still be charged with a crime.

Since FOX 32 News first reported last Thursday on the Illinois Supreme Court ruling, we've been pressing Alvarez and Chicago Police to explain their policy. On Wednesday night, a spokesperson said, "It would not be prudent for citizens to carry loaded firearms in public, whether they possess a valid Firearm Owners ID card or not. As for whether these cases would result in criminal charges...I would only say that we would evaluate any individual incident on a case-by-case basis."

Complete article at http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...-gun-law-ruled-unconstitutional#ixzz2fLh1LNsg

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Surely it is only a matter of days before someone decides to carry a firearm (taking advantage of this lack of official censure) and has to shoot in self-defense. We may very well see a rapid drop in gun violence in Chicago within weeks. We already know legal carrying will not make it any worse. It might be an interesting year for you guys.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Surely it is only a matter of days before someone decides to carry a firearm (taking advantage of this lack of official censure) and has to shoot in self-defense. We may very well see a rapid drop in gun violence in Chicago within weeks. We already know legal carrying will not make it any worse. It might be an interesting year for you guys.

Days? Maybe milli-seconds. :lol::lol::lol:

Go Bears !

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Excellent news. It has been a great year for Illinois. I would like to welcome you all into the land of firearm's freedoms. You still have a long way to go, I know; but, you have made tremendous strides this year and it came all at once it seems. It took a lot of hard work to get to this point and it will take more hard work to get Illinois (Chicago) to abide by the Second Amendment as it should have been.

Enjoy the success and congratulations from Kentucky.

Last edited:

Sir Diealotz

Excellent news. It has been a great year for Illinois. I would like to welcome you all into the land of firearm's freedoms. You still have a long way to go, I know; but, you have made tremendous strides this year and it came all at once it seems. It took a lot of hard work to get to this point and it will take more hard work to get Illinois (Chicago) to abide by the Second Amendment as it should have been.

Enjoy the success and congratulations from Kentucky.

Well said.

I've avoided many races in Illinois due to the draconian gun laws. Maybe I'll actually get to race in Illinois one day :cool:

SteveInCO

Allow me to second that. Colorado has backslid some this year (but I am optimistic the damage will all be undone soon); I find myself coming over here to see some good things happen.

People getting out of jail because a bogus-"crime" conviction they never should have been charged on (much less convicted) is a good thing!