Thread: Ashland County Fair

Ashland County Fair

Anyone around who open carries, id like to direct you to this discussion i had earlier.

Perhaps we can educate the local smokies?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...59#post1986459

I'll head over to the fair at lunch and see what's going on... we've had zero issues with Ashland the last two years...

Was at the fair, Fair Board directed Sheriff to detain and/or arrest ANY firearms carrier. Working with County Prosecutor and City law Director right now. Discussion on OFCC 9.68 forum, but I'll stop in here with updates from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by BriKuz View Post
    Was at the fair, Fair Board directed Sheriff to detain and/or arrest ANY firearms carrier. Working with County Prosecutor and City law Director right now. Discussion on OFCC 9.68 forum, but I'll stop in here with updates from time to time.
    Small point just me wondering out loud: Since when does the county sheriff serve at the pleasure of or take orders from the Fair Board?

Lt. Smart with Ashland County Sheriff's Office just called me back, and the Sheriff's Department and Prosecutor's office have determined that open or concealed carry of firearms IS legal in the open areas of the fairgrounds.

I like it when things are easy like this.

Nice work, BK !!

Banned
    If this was fixed in the past, how did it get unfixed? New director acting out of ignorance? Or someone who knows better trying to make things work the way he thinks they should?

apparently the Fair Board Pres didn't want them there... they met a month ago and it was determined that posting was illegal, but the fair board prez tried to claim that the ticket booths you have to walk through to get into the fair are "buildings" under ORC, not "shelters"... the Ashland prosecutors set them straight (after they got assistance from Wayne County, who dealt with this last year) I kinda wish he OP had audio or video proof of the incident... being ejected unlawfully from a place you are lawfully allowed to be COULD be grounds for a civil suit, if there was any proof...

Had a blast... had 3 dif people walk up to us and say "Why do you look familiar? Oh! You guys are the Oberlin people! Good job!" :mrgreen: made ME feel good... Lt. Smart was pumped that BOTH of us were carrying... he thought it was cool that J has a .40 and not a little .380

The rain SUCKED, though! lol
    Last edited by BriKuz; 09-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Banned

Ashland County Fair

Look out on the midway! It's a cop! No, it's a carrier! No, it's Fairman! Who, disguised as mild-mannered BriKuz, he fights the never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the right to carry at a county fair!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Look out on the midway! It's a cop! No, it's a carrier! No, it's Fairman! Who, disguised as mild-mannered BriKuz, he fights the never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the right to carry at a county fair!

<o>
    That was HORRIBLE... but funny... have you noticed, I'm not JUST fairman... i'm also Parkman.

Banned

Ashland County Fair

You need a cape, dude. Open carry with a cape. And a mask.

OK, maybe forget the mask.

<o>

Had a blast... had 3 dif people walk up to us and say "Why do you look familiar? Oh! You guys are the Oberlin people! Good job!" :mrgreen: made ME feel good... Lt. Smart was pumped that BOTH of us were carrying... he thought it was cool that J has a .40 and not a little .380

The rain SUCKED, though! lol
    Notoriety,,,,

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    ROTFL! That's funny.

@BriKuz: Thanks to the good work! Other than OCing one day last year to get the signs taken down, this year was the first that I was able to go to the Highland County Fair in many. I know what you mean about being able to enjoy the fair while being armed. Frankly, I couldn't attend while it was posted and enjoy it.
    Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato