Thread: Chicken open carry protest of gun law planned @ Appleton Farmers Mkt., Sat. 21 Sept.

Chicken open carry protest of gun law planned @ Appleton Farmers Mkt., Sat. 21 Sept.

Jennifer Stephany, executive director of Appleton Downtown, Inc, which sponsors the popular farmers market, was dismayed about the prospect of the protest at the popular event. "It's not a political playground," she told the Post-Crescent.
    The group says state law creates a public safety hazard and intends to point out its “imbalance” by carrying the barnyard fowl, which violates a city ordinance and carries up to a $200 fine.

“Our goal is to receive a citation,” said Mark Scheffler, an Appleton resident and the group’s spokesman. “It puts the police in an untenable position; they have to gauge the intent of someone carrying an assault weapon. This is the time for this discussion.”
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/224584771.html

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/...nclick_check=1

More fence-sitters.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I say more power to 'em.

I personally don't have the huevos to openly carry a chicken . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Someone needs to show up carrying a 1911 AND a chicken.

Does the chicken have to be "on the hoof" so to speak? Or can it be in a KFC bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    Someone needs to show up carrying a 1911 AND a chicken. Does the chicken have to be "on the hoof" so to speak? Or can it be in a KFC bucket?
    I'm not certain that KFC has anything to do with chickens. That is the name of the company since 1991, KFC and not Kentucky Fried Chicken. I don't believe that they ever recovered from "pieces parts fused".

Yes, to be true to the OCC (open carry of chickens) cause, one must carry it live, not pieces fused with parts.

Just wait until our chickens come from China.
    Last edited by jhfc; 09-20-2013 at 03:21 PM.

lol. These chicken toting clowns make about as much sense as gun owners wandering downtown with a pistol gripped shotgun on his back, dressed all in black of course....for some reason, even down to his dad's spray painted fedora he had on.

I wonder if the chickens also were in tactical black fedoras? lmao

Just as long as they're not showboating their high capacity assault chickens in public we're fine, we're for the proper carry of holstered chickens in normal life.

just don't bring your rocket propelled chickens

they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    Yes, to be true to the OCC (open carry of chickens) cause, one must carry it live, not pieces fused with parts.

Just wait until our chickens come from China.
    Some of it already does.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/bu...o-us.html?_r=0

Still I think we are getting considerably off-topic.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some of it already does.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/bu...o-us.html?_r=0

Still I think we are getting considerably off-topic.
    Well the capitalists and anarcho libertarians say it will be a good thing that birds raised overseas are not restricted, after all you have a right to get sick eating unsafe products from unaccountable producers, that's true freedom.

What's stupid is that the current rule is chickens raised in the us and canada can be sent to Chinese processors, where they will only process those birds *pinky promise, scouts honor* and send them back to the US.... How stupid is that?! It's clear they'll lobby for a change of rules to allow Chinese chickens within a couple of years.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Great pic.

So if some clown adorned with his (play) military combat loadout brought his sport utility rifle (ar-15) to a public park and had a mask on....no problem, right? Oh, and if a cop approached him everyone would be outraged? And if the cop asked him for any form of ID, more outrage?

How about if basement commando had a training rpg (inert, harmless), so it's really nothing?

For the record, I'm all for concealed carry as it's the best defense. Open carry of pistols are second best. Dumbarses wandering around in public places with long guns, while may be legal, is 8 ways of stupid on 32 different levels. Seems like people that do stuff like that are the gun community's equivalent of "Hey dad, I'm 16 and got my DL, so gimme the keys!" stupid.

Holy crap, there sure is a lot of "auto save" here.
    Is this website the fedgov?
    Last edited by chowda; 09-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    Great pic.

So if some clown adorned with his (play) military combat loadout brought his sport utility rifle (ar-15) to a public park and had a mask on....no problem, right? Oh, and if a cop approached him everyone would be outraged? And if the cop asked him for any form of ID, more outrage?

How about if basement commando had a training rpg (inert, harmless), so it's really nothing?

For the record, I'm all for concealed carry as it's the best defense. Open carry of pistols are second best. Dumbarses wandering around in public places with long guns, while may be legal, is 8 ways of stupid on 32 different levels. Seems like people that do stuff like that are the gun community's equivalent of "Hey dad, I'm 16 and got my DL, so gimme the keys!" stupid.

Holy crap, there sure is a lot of "auto save" here.
    Is this website the fedgov?
    You are starting to border on the ridiculous, absurd and earning a rep as a provocateur.

This is first and foremost an open carry forum and think that if someone prefers CC, that is their choice - we do not insult them over it.

We do not carry our argument to the inaccurate generalities or those that distort the true nature of things.

Wish I could say the same about you.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-22-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    How is a chicken a counter-point to a rifle?

Also, I don't see the problem with carrying a rifle on your outings.

Sounds to me like the police were more dangerous than anyone. Drawing down on and imprisoning (albeit, briefly) law abiding citizens is what should be protested.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    You are starting to border on the ridiculous, absurd and earning a rep as a provocateur.
    After how many sock puppets & second chances, you say he's "starting to"??

Even though I can't see what Doug is saying, I know the incident under discussion.
    Went shooting with the 2 citizens yesterday.
    One of them said that the chicken had an ND on the sidewalk.
    But despite that littering & health hazard,
    and the city ordinance against having a live chicken in the city,
    and the chicken people admitting to the press that they knew about that before bringing the chicken into the city,
    and the chicken people wanting to get a ticket,
    the police let them off with a warning to take the chicken out of the city.
    Appleton PD is showing its bias even worse than before.
    People intentionally breaking a law & provoking a problem get a warning, citizens doing nothing wrong got their lives threatened, property taken, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    How is a chicken a counter-point to a rifle?
    It's not.
    I don't know how they thought deliberately breaking a health law says anything about civil rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Police received three 911 calls about the men as they walked east down West College Avenue on Sept. 7 with the rifles. They claimed they were carrying the guns for self-defense
    Did you use the words "ridiculous" and "absurd" and "provocateur"? Weird that you would state such a thing.

Appleton? Self defense? And in that fantasy, how long would it take them to get that rifle/shotgun off their back? Do you even know where appleton--WISCONSIN--is?

Pistols yeah, open carry no problem. Long guns (especially donned by black dressed buffoons).....no. Cops don't carry those, yet white people in conservative white, low crime appleton claim they need them on their backs while in a shopping district for "self defense"? Let me use your words again, " "ridiculous...absurd...provocateur". And I might add, a poster boy/girl of the anti-gun liberal/progressives.
    Last edited by chowda; 09-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    After how many sock puppets & second chances, you say he's "starting to"??

Even though I can't see what Doug is saying, I know the incident under discussion.
    Went shooting with the 2 citizens yesterday.
    One of them said that the chicken had an ND on the sidewalk.
    But despite that littering & health hazard,
    and the city ordinance against having a live chicken in the city,
    and the chicken people admitting to the press that they knew about that before bringing the chicken into the city,
    and the chicken people wanting to get a ticket,
    the police let them off with a warning to take the chicken out of the city.
    Appleton PD is showing its bias even worse than before.
    People intentionally breaking a law & provoking a problem get a warning, citizens doing nothing wrong got their lives threatened, property taken, etc.

It's not.
    I don't know how they thought deliberately breaking a health law says anything about civil rights.
    I think owning chickens should be a civil right..... There is nothing unhealthy about raising chickens in a regular backyard.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 09-22-2013 at 10:04 PM.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I think owning chickens should be a civil right..... There is nothing unhealthy about raising chickens in a regular backyard.
    Hah! It would be fatal, fatally unhealthy, for a rooster crowing in my neighbors backyard.