Thread: Full Faith And Credit

Full Faith And Credit

Recently a judge ruled that a state must offer same sex couples the health care coverage benefits as heterosexual couples if they were married in a state that recognizes same sex marriage due to the full faith and credit clause of the constitution.
    Under that premise wouldn't a state (say California) be required to acknowlege a persons right to open carry if they are from a state that recognises this right (for instance South Dakota)? Just curious.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r_spald01 View Post
    Recently a judge ruled that a state must offer same sex couples the health care coverage benefits as heterosexual couples if they were married in a state that recognizes same sex marriage due to the full faith and credit clause of the constitution.
    Under that premise wouldn't a state (say California) be required to acknowlege a persons right to open carry if they are from a state that recognises this right (for instance South Dakota)? Just curious.
    You would think so.

But, there's never been a case on that point that made it all the way to SCOTUS. So, Kalifornia would just arrest you and force you to defend yourself at vast expense all the way to SCOTUS, and then hope they ruled in your favor, something I wouldn't trust them to do. Not at all.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    First you must obey the laws of the state in which you are then presently standing, whether that be California or Virginia. It is that state that will charge you for any violation of their laws......and the defense for that which you suggest will not be cheap.

There is no reciprocity of permits and no federal law protecting you while OCing, unless you wish to claim the 2A as your defense - unfortunatly good luck with that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r_spald01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    --snipped--

Anyone notice that a mod replied to the thread and that he did not bother to move it to the Social Lounge?
    Didn't move it to the Social Lounge because it is on topic where it is.

I have bolded and highlighted so that you may better see that which you missed the first time..
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-20-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: snipped it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.