Thread: Poll at the LA Times: Do you support Starbucks' Gun Stance?

Centurion

Poll at the LA Times: Do you support Starbucks' Gun Stance?

Yes (supports Starbucks' anti open carry stance) 47% 943

No (does not support Starbucks' anti open carry stance) 53% 1,060

Poll is below the picture, above the article.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...,4900355.story

I'm not going to bother reading the poll or voting.

But yes, I support Starbuck's decision. If you do not understand why, you may ask me to spell it out. If you ask, ypou will most likely not be happy with the answer.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The votes changed a little.
    Yes - 46% (963 votes)
    No - 54% (1,117 votes)

Depending on how accurate you want to pretend it to be. Of course you'll say "very accurate", because it's in your favor. But then how many OC/CC'ers have been there repeatedly taking the survey? And don't tell me it doesn't happen, because we both we know it does.
    I guess hit up Zogby and ask them to do a survey. If something more informal is preferred, you can go SurveyMonkey.com.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Banned
    I won't ask you why. That's up to you.

However, they didn't ask us to stop using them as a rallying point or stop portraying them as "pro," which they never were. (I'd've had a lot of respect for that stance.) Instead, they asked us not to bring our guns in. Period. The fact that they are not going to hit us with a stick if we do means little to me. They still are now officially anti (even if they couched the ban as a "respectful request"). Their choice. I will not carry in their stores, which means I will not go in their stores.

To play off an oft-repeated phrase around here: What part of a request that "customers no longer bring firearms" don't folks get?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'm not going to bother reading the poll or voting.

But yes, I support Starbuck's decision. If you do not understand why, you may ask me to spell it out. If you ask, ypou will most likely not be happy with the answer.

stay safe.
    I support their decision, but I do not, and never have, supported Starbucks. And now never will. I support anybodies choice to not do business with them because of a poor decision, even though it is their right. They always have been left leaning even though they tried to straddle the fence, their request was to be expected and had nothing to with OCers scaring customers. They were looking for a excuse, they just did not want to chance losing revenue, hence the request.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    Yes (supports Starbucks' anti open carry stance) 47% 943

No (does not support Starbucks' anti open carry stance) 53% 1,060
    Based on the poll results, announcing such a position is not a particularly good business choice. Had they stayed with their original position (applicable states laws), their stance could not be interpreted as anti-OC/2A, and their explanation to the anti's would be based upon law, as opposed to corporate policy/preference. Presenting their position as corporate policy may not make Starbucks totally anti-(anything to do with guns), but it does indicate that they are not "gun-friendly". To me, that policy is therefore the same as any anti-gun policy. Do they have the right to do so? Of course they do. Is it a smart business decision? I don't think so.

The stats haven't changed much as of 1:39pm today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StarbucksPoll.PNG 
Views:	140 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	10828
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

now its 62 no to 38 yes