Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-p...-dunkin-2013-9

We asked two Starbucks competitors, McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts, if they had gun policies for their thousands of restaurants.
    Both companies said they simply abide by the laws of that state or region.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-p...-dunkin-2013-9

We asked two Starbucks competitors, McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts, if they had gun policies for their thousands of restaurants.
    Both companies said they simply abide by the laws of that state or region.

I hope we have learned our lesson.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Good to know. Dunkin donuts sounds promising though I can't bring myself to walk into a McDonald's store, they smell so awful.

I am going to look up Tullys and Subway.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    LOL....my bad...what was I thinking?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Now if only we could get a Dunkin' Donuts out here. All well, I'll be back home in NH for a few days next month. I'll be able to get it there.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Now if only we could get a Dunkin' Donuts out here. All well, I'll be back home in NH for a few days next month. I'll be able to get it there.
    We had one in Federal Way. My buddy from NY and I would try and hit it once a month when we were in the service. It couldn't keep the doors open. Same with the one in Salem.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Well I think I'm taking my AR-15 and $2 bills down to McDonald's for McDonald's appreciation day..... Who's with me?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Dunking Doughnuts you say??

http://www.killinzombies.net/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kz-logo.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	10829
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

I am ready for a Dunkin Donuts whenever they are ready to come here. I hope that it's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    I am ready for a Dunkin Donuts whenever they are ready to come here. I hope that it's soon.
    maybe we should just buy our own

http://www.dunkinfranchising.com/franchisee/en.html
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Re: McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

Don't be surprised to find that the franchise owners are able to make their own policy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The "look at me" demonstration of gun rights will only bring about business exercising their property rights by banning weapons.

No business that depends on the general population will make the necessary decisions to not be used as a political platform for one groups agenda, what ever the message, be it guns, gay rights, religion, political or whatever. It all costs them money, and that is bad for business.

McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

Growing up I used to go to the one on south hill Puyallup. Sadly that was like 20 years ago.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    The "look at me" demonstration of gun rights will only bring about business exercising their property rights by banning weapons.
    Same argument could be applied to OC activism and State Preemption. You push at libraries, parks, and other public places and pretty soon every elected official will be actively working against preemption. Eventually shifting demographics and attrition will cause them to win. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post

Looks like we are not in a market that they want to expand to right now. Too bad, i'd be down for it.

All I need is that and a checker's and I would be a happy man.. Maybe a white castle too.

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    Looks like we are not in a market that they want to expand to right now. Too bad, i'd be down for it.

All I need is that and a checker's and I would be a happy man.. Maybe a white castle too.
    I hear good things about White Castle, just never been to a state where any are located...

however we do have Carls Jr (odd trivia, Carls Jr started as a hot dog cart in LA but there's no hotdogs on their menu) and most of the "white castle" states don't so we do have some things going for us..

I get dunkin donuts coffee for a drip machine, decent coffee. but I don't see anything special about it, I believe Pao's donut shop in Tacoma was one of those dunkin donuts locations in the 80s that flopped, and Pao's makes outstanding donuts, so we're not really in a bind for good junk food here...
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 09-22-2013 at 01:58 AM.

NRA Member

I hear good things about White Castle, just never been to a state where any are located...

however we do have Carls Jr (odd trivia, Carls Jr started as a hot dog cart in LA but there's no hotdogs on their menu) and most of the "white castle" states don't so we do have some things going for us..

I get dunkin donuts coffee for a drip machine, decent coffee. but I don't see anything special about it, I believe Pao's donut shop in Tacoma was one of those dunkin donuts locations in the 80s that flopped, and Pao's makes outstanding donuts, so we're not really in a bind for good junk food here...
    You aren't missing much....I tried it in another state.....was not impressed at all.

If you want to sample White Castle, the cheeseburger ones found in some stores like Walmart in the freezer section do actully come out tasting near exactly what you get at the franchise stores.

For me, I love the steamed roll, the onion and the more coarse ground beef taste/texture combo.

I got to re-experience White Castle about 3-4 years ago when my job before this one had me travelling all over, and i ended up in Northern Kentucky again. I was managing a crew of about 18 Labor Ready guys, and they would all dissapear to WC during lunch breaks so i tagged along. 30 years since I had a WC burger till then. Just as good IMHO.

When I lived on the east coast I never heard of Carls Jr, but back there we had Hardees - my understanding is they are owned by the same parent. Might not have been true from the beginning, but it was then as best i can tell.

Regardless, regional influence will make or break any franchise. Dunkin makes good coffee, but its not what the palete of the PNW wants. Back east, if the coffee was strong and did not taste like crap, it was a good coffee. It woke you up and got you ready for the day. That was good enough.

My younger days there I was a bass player for a darn good local band. We had a span of three states we would play. One of my most fondest points in that was the "recovery" of a night playing somewhere. See,we had to roadie ourselves. So half a day getting set up the sound system, getting a soundcheck done, doing 4 - 45 minute sets, tearing it all down and packed on the traliers, and starting that 3 AM hangover from what beer you drank... stopping into a Waffle House for a bite to eat before you passed out in the roach motel you booked was a highlight.

Endless coffee, greasy food, but god damn, was it a comfort. Hashbrowns, doubled, covered, and smothered, with a side of Bacon, no, make that two sides of Bacon...

At the time, that dull boring coffee was just what was needed, no "poofters" coffee was needed.
    Last edited by Coyote_VS_ACME; 09-22-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Typos

Aren't Dunkin' Donuts sold in 7-11's?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Same argument could be applied to OC activism and State Preemption. You push at libraries, parks, and other public places and pretty soon every elected official will be actively working against preemption. Eventually shifting demographics and attrition will cause them to win. Maybe.
    Simply a matter of "When", not "If".

Something to consider-----Record numbers of people have obtained CONCEALED Pistol Licenses. Almost 1/2 million at last count. How many would you say Open Carry in this State on a given day, compared to those who are carrying Concealed?

It might just be a message as to what the majority of our State's citizens prefer.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Simply a matter of "When", not "If".

Something to consider-----Record numbers of people have obtained CONCEALED Pistol Licenses. Almost 1/2 million at last count. How many would you say Open Carry in this State on a given day, compared to those who are carrying Concealed?

It might just be a message as to what the majority of our State's citizens prefer.
    It could also be that as a "Shall Issue" state with a silly requirement to carry loaded in a vehicle most folks consider the $55 well spent. It could also be that folks don't understand that the CPL is NOT required to own or carry a firearm, many states back east have one or both of these as requirements. Just a matter of education.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GUNS N DONUTS.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	10831

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Aren't Dunkin' Donuts sold in 7-11's?
    If you're talking about the bagged grounds they're sold in almost all stores but it is not even close to the same taste.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Don't be surprised to find that the franchise owners are able to make their own policy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    I have not found a McDonald's in Oklahoma City that was not posted. So yes your right they don't follow what the state laws or what corporate McDonald's say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast