• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts

Alpine

Good to know. Dunkin donuts sounds promising though I can't bring myself to walk into a McDonald's store, they smell so awful.

I am going to look up Tullys and Subway.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I hope we have learned our lesson.

yeah_right.jpg

decklin

Now if only we could get a Dunkin' Donuts out here. All well, I'll be back home in NH for a few days next month. I'll be able to get it there.

badkarma

Now if only we could get a Dunkin' Donuts out here. All well, I'll be back home in NH for a few days next month. I'll be able to get it there.

We had one in Federal Way. My buddy from NY and I would try and hit it once a month when we were in the service. It couldn't keep the doors open. Same with the one in Salem.

Stretch

Don't be surprised to find that the franchise owners are able to make their own policy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

XD40sc

The "look at me" demonstration of gun rights will only bring about business exercising their property rights by banning weapons.

No business that depends on the general population will make the necessary decisions to not be used as a political platform for one groups agenda, what ever the message, be it guns, gay rights, religion, political or whatever. It all costs them money, and that is bad for business.

tombrewster421

Growing up I used to go to the one on south hill Puyallup. Sadly that was like 20 years ago.

Dave_pro2a

The "look at me" demonstration of gun rights will only bring about business exercising their property rights by banning weapons.

Same argument could be applied to OC activism and State Preemption. You push at libraries, parks, and other public places and pretty soon every elected official will be actively working against preemption. Eventually shifting demographics and attrition will cause them to win. Maybe.

EMNofSeattle

Looks like we are not in a market that they want to expand to right now. Too bad, i'd be down for it.

All I need is that and a checker's and I would be a happy man.. Maybe a white castle too.

I hear good things about White Castle, just never been to a state where any are located...

however we do have Carls Jr (odd trivia, Carls Jr started as a hot dog cart in LA but there's no hotdogs on their menu) and most of the "white castle" states don't so we do have some things going for us..

I get dunkin donuts coffee for a drip machine, decent coffee. but I don't see anything special about it, I believe Pao's donut shop in Tacoma was one of those dunkin donuts locations in the 80s that flopped, and Pao's makes outstanding donuts, so we're not really in a bind for good junk food here...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I hear good things about White Castle, just never been to a state where any are located...

however we do have Carls Jr (odd trivia, Carls Jr started as a hot dog cart in LA but there's no hotdogs on their menu) and most of the "white castle" states don't so we do have some things going for us..

I get dunkin donuts coffee for a drip machine, decent coffee. but I don't see anything special about it, I believe Pao's donut shop in Tacoma was one of those dunkin donuts locations in the 80s that flopped, and Pao's makes outstanding donuts, so we're not really in a bind for good junk food here...

You aren't missing much....I tried it in another state.....was not impressed at all.

Coyote_VS_ACME

If you want to sample White Castle, the cheeseburger ones found in some stores like Walmart in the freezer section do actully come out tasting near exactly what you get at the franchise stores.

For me, I love the steamed roll, the onion and the more coarse ground beef taste/texture combo.

I got to re-experience White Castle about 3-4 years ago when my job before this one had me travelling all over, and i ended up in Northern Kentucky again. I was managing a crew of about 18 Labor Ready guys, and they would all dissapear to WC during lunch breaks so i tagged along. 30 years since I had a WC burger till then. Just as good IMHO.

When I lived on the east coast I never heard of Carls Jr, but back there we had Hardees - my understanding is they are owned by the same parent. Might not have been true from the beginning, but it was then as best i can tell.

Regardless, regional influence will make or break any franchise. Dunkin makes good coffee, but its not what the palete of the PNW wants. Back east, if the coffee was strong and did not taste like crap, it was a good coffee. It woke you up and got you ready for the day. That was good enough.

My younger days there I was a bass player for a darn good local band. We had a span of three states we would play. One of my most fondest points in that was the "recovery" of a night playing somewhere. See,we had to roadie ourselves. So half a day getting set up the sound system, getting a soundcheck done, doing 4 - 45 minute sets, tearing it all down and packed on the traliers, and starting that 3 AM hangover from what beer you drank... stopping into a Waffle House for a bite to eat before you passed out in the roach motel you booked was a highlight.

Endless coffee, greasy food, but god damn, was it a comfort. Hashbrowns, doubled, covered, and smothered, with a side of Bacon, no, make that two sides of Bacon...

At the time, that dull boring coffee was just what was needed, no "poofters" coffee was needed.

Last edited: