• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man of the cloth confesses: OC scares him

va_tazdad

Thank You !!!

No joke. Just ask the sheriff's deputies who serve as bailiffs at any courthouse in Virginia... the people they're most afraid of is cops involved in domestic relations disputes, because they can get in through side or basement doors and evade security, and the ones most likely to bring a gun into the courthouse.

But here's the really simple answer for those who are disconnected, as this fellow seems to be, from reality: If you see someone engaged in the commission of a crime, then he's a "criminal"; but if you see someone who is not engaged in the commission of a crime, then he's "law abiding". The big problem is people shooting off their big effing mouths because they don't know what "crime" means. They think it means "things I don't like", sort of a synonym for "evil" - and this, we all recall, is the offense that got Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden: "eating of the fruit (i.e., consuming the product) of the tree (source) of the knowledge of good (things I like) and evil (things I don't like). Self-absorbed, self-important morons who act on the basis of what they like and what they don't like... if only they'd keep their opinions to themselves.

I replied with a quote (and a little highlight on the part I like best) so people might read your words of wisdom again. +1