• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toledo's open walk

Ron in Toledo

September 22,'13 - Our open carry walk through down town Toledo today was covered by local TV stations, our friendly WSPD Radio 1370 AM, and The Toledo Blade news paper. It was windy and quite cool for this old man, and I was the eldest in attendance. I am proud of the turn out and I met some of the nicest people there. Families with children showed up dispite the wind and cool temperature. The media interviews aside, I made some friends and had enjoyable conversations. Smiles were on everybodys faces and the fellowship shared was something I'll long remember. It was refreshing to be among so many who share common goals, and ideas. Perhaps some day we should consider having a picnic in one of Toledos many beautiful public parks where we could spend more time together and get to know each other on more personal levels. Terrific people make for a good time, and I hope we'll meet again in the not so distant future; perhaps in the (((((( SUMMER ))))) !

JustJack

Since it's your first post, I'll first say "Welcome!". Then I'll say, you are right, it was a great walk. Met lots of nice people who share a common belief. Picnic in the summer sounds fun. Hope to see you at the next one, when and where ever that is.