• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand action is now after.... Staples

Bill Starks

State Researcher
She thinks she won the Starbucks debate.... now she's after other business. Who's next?

WHY DOES STAPLES ALLOW THIS? Last month there was an accidental shooting at a
Staples in North Carolina (http://tinyurl.com/lh3x8dq), and there have been other incidents of gun violence inside stores (http://tinyurl.com/mvqqdbn). Staples allows individual stores to prohibit guns, but there is no explicit corporate policy banning firearms.

Share our link to a letter moms can print, sign, and give to the manager of their local Staples. Ask your area Staples to go gun-free, and ask the national chain Staples to enact a formal, nationwide no-guns policy:http://momsdemandaction.org/back-to-school-shopping-guide/

staples_zpsa79fd355.jpg

Alpine

Countdown to the BOHICAs telling the OC community that this is "all out fault" and we should not OC in order to save OC... (yes, I understand that some people will go nuts with it but that's a constant with ANYTHING)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Countdown to the BOHICAs telling the OC community that this is "all out fault" and we should not OC in order to save OC... (yes, I understand that some people will go nuts with it but that's a constant with ANYTHING)

exactly where have you been? Have you been reading the various news threads? They've already been doing that...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
She thinks she won the Starbucks debate.... now she's after other business. Who's next?

WHY DOES STAPLES ALLOW THIS? Last month there was an accidental shooting at a
Staples in North Carolina (http://tinyurl.com/lh3x8dq), and there have been other incidents of gun violence inside stores (http://tinyurl.com/mvqqdbn). Staples allows individual stores to prohibit guns, but there is no explicit corporate policy banning firearms.

Share our link to a letter moms can print, sign, and give to the manager of their local Staples. Ask your area Staples to go gun-free, and ask the national chain Staples to enact a formal, nationwide no-guns policy:http://momsdemandaction.org/back-to-school-shopping-guide/

staples_zpsa79fd355.jpg

from link in photo

Not only does Walmart allow guns in its stores, it also sells assault-style weapons, as well as guns that are marketed to children

http://momsdemandaction.org/back-to-school-shopping-guide/

retards

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Breaking News!: Cabelas, Fred Meyers, and Bass Pro Shops sell guns and ammo! They even sell those cute little pink Cricket assault weapons! Not to mention the hi-cap 10/22's! Hide the children!

O_Kellogg

Maybe it's time to think about going on the offensive.
Find out what businesses she frequents and start our own campaigns to support/protest as appropriate.

OK

Boomboy007

I thought the libs said it was all about compromise?!?

And, as usual, Libs start flexing, and we start bowing and scraping.every compromise we make is simply another nail in the coffin of the Second Amendment. We are so scared of losing our rights that we go out of our way to make it easier for those who talk loudest to take those right away. I, for one I am sick and tired of waiting for somebody to take my rights. I do believe it is time to go on the offensive. Find a business that doesn't like my open carry? Then I'll go out of my way to let them know that not only will I not patronize their business, but I'll tell everybody that I know that they are anti Constitution. Instead of complaining about how we could no longer have our Sunday morning OC meeting at the Bakerview Starbucks, we should have gathered on the sidewalk in front with a few signs letting EVERYONE know about Starbucks 180.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Dear Moms,

Thank you for your concern and thoughtful request. We agree. Guns should absolutely not need to be a part of shopping in America. Please help us. We can't figure out how else to stop bad people from doing violence with guns. Our stores nearest Aurora, CO, and Newtown, CT, have informed us that signs didn't work with some of their local areas. Therefore, since you have obviously put more thought into the issue than we have, please tell us how best to stop evil people with guns if you feel that good guys with guns nearby are not the best solution.

Sincerely,
Staples

deanf

And, as usual, Libs start flexing, and we start bowing and scraping.every compromise we make is simply another nail in the coffin of the Second Amendment. We are so scared of losing our rights that we go out of our way to make it easier for those who talk loudest to take those right away.

I admire your zeal, but your statement is erroneous. We are speaking in the context of private property owners making a decision (or not) to ban guns, right?

If so, rights have nothing to do with it. If you carry a gun on to private property, you do so by license from the property owner, not because of any right. Not a piece of paper that says "LICENSE" but the verb license - "to give permission to". Said license can be modified or revoked at any time, no notice required.

Again, fight with zeal, but know what you're talking about first.

509rifas

Let's try not to screw this one up. We "lost" at starbucks cuz people pushed things to the extent that the store didn't want it.
Please don't go buy some printer paper with an SKS or we'll reverse the progress we've made and we'll see a trend of banning OC at more and more places. Just do it wherever.

jsanchez

Fight fear with fear. These moms are afraid of guns, just make them more afraid of criminals. If they can use emotion of kids dying then we can use emotion of stories of victims of crime. We should also be pointing out that WA was one of the first states to pass conceal carry laws back in the 80's which started crime rates dropping across the country as conceal carry grew. Don't forget we have the worst police dept. SPD in the nation.

I just watched a show called Drugs inc., and the episode was about marijuana legalization in Colorado and how It effects the whole drug business and society as a hole. I bring it up because before that I was watching Meet the Press, and Wayne La Peirre was on talking about the need for more mental health info to be logged into the background system in light of the shooting at the Navy Yard, and more good guys with guns, . If everyone is on drugs, I think that raises the possibility of creating more mentally ill and more gun violence. Before both of these I was watching Real time with Bill Mahr, and they were saying that less and less households are buying guns, and the households that do believe in guns are buying more guns, but numbers of households with guns are going down, and that the new generation is moving away from guns, so its a matter of time before the laws change, but that's their propaganda.

Alpine

Let's try not to screw this one up. We "lost" at starbucks cuz people pushed things to the extent that the store didn't want it.
Please don't go buy some printer paper with an SKS or we'll reverse the progress we've made and we'll see a trend of banning OC at more and more places. Just do it wherever.

And it's already started.

"We" never screwed anything up. There are always a handful of people who are extreme in their methods in any group. Why didn't starbucks ban the "extreme" anti-gun protesters or say they weren't welcome?

In reality if your standard is that every time one person out of a nation of over 300,000,000 does something you think is "over the top" that we, collectively, as an OC community are at fault, you might as well burn the 2nd Amendment right now.

Last edited:

509rifas

And it's already started.

"We" never screwed anything up. There are always a handful of people who are extreme in their methods in any group. Why didn't starbucks ban the "extreme" anti-gun protesters or say they weren't welcome?

In reality if your standard is that every time one person out of a nation of over 300,000,000 does something you think is "over the top" that we, collectively, as an OC community are at fault, you might as well burn the 2nd Amendment right now.

I didn't mean it as "we" the OC community took thingst oo far, I mean the OC battle was lost, and we were the ones on the losing end, because it went to the extent that the business didn't want to deal with it. No "we" didn't screw it up, but it was screwed up, and Starbucks doesn't want us getting coffee with a 92 politely holstered. For years it was fine, but then people wanted to rub it in the anti-constitution crowds face to the point it made us look like dicks, and now its lost.
I can't think of any major businesses that would welcome droves of guys coming in with long guns and all the drama that will come with it. Its reasonable on the part of any business to want to avoid that. Since the inertia has finally worked itself back against us, I don't think finding a new place to congregate with lots of guns on a regular basis will help with the normalizing of bearing arms, which from what I understand is the purpose of OCDO.

509rifas

Fight fear with fear. These moms are afraid of guns, just make them more afraid of criminals. If they can use emotion of kids dying then we can use emotion of stories of victims of crime. We should also be pointing out that WA was one of the first states to pass conceal carry laws back in the 80's which started crime rates dropping across the country as conceal carry grew. Don't forget we have the worst police dept. SPD in the nation.

I just watched a show called Drugs inc., and the episode was about marijuana legalization in Colorado and how It effects the whole drug business and society as a hole. I bring it up because before that I was watching Meet the Press, and Wayne La Peirre was on talking about the need for more mental health info to be logged into the background system in light of the shooting at the Navy Yard, and more good guys with guns, . If everyone is on drugs, I think that raises the possibility of creating more mentally ill and more gun violence. Before both of these I was watching Real time with Bill Mahr, and they were saying that less and less households are buying guns, and the households that do believe in guns are buying more guns, but numbers of households with guns are going down, and that the new generation is moving away from guns, so its a matter of time before the laws change, but that's their propaganda.

Actually Washington was the first state to made issuance mandatory if we are eligible, and I believe that was in the 1960s, but I could be wrong.
As part of the younger generation, I don't see young people moving away from guns. I see a lot of young people moving towards pro-freedom whatever, which includes ending prohibition, so I don't think trying to create fear over marijuana-crazed individuals will help our cause at all, it would make us look like armed people with dementia.
There is a strong pull away from conservatism, but that shouldt be confused with moving away from guns.

mikeyb

Listen, Moms Demand S***** Action, But Aren't Getting Any:

Your tireless campaign of trying to convince stores to prohibit selling completely legal products and for businesses to prohibit the constitutional right to bear arms has reached its pinnacle. Congratulations on your well-fought victory in appeasing no one, and running a successful campaign that makes senator campaigns purely angelic by comparison.

If only you can work on actually making a difference, we could work towards a more successful exchange of ideas to reduce violence in America. One area of compromise would be for the MoDA group to lobby Congress to repeal the online purchase restrictions. If we enthusiasts can purchase our needed items from online sources, we wouldn't need to venture out in public "strapped", nor go into any stores. Since we won't be going out to our local Walmart or Fred Meyer or Dick's Sporting Goods store, we also would not need to venture into any number of local Starbucks or Staples or eateries exercising our Constitutionally-endorsed right to bear arms. Staying inside, or within our own property, we would be able to avoid such awkward encounters with the police whom find it necessary to trample our rights.

I find this wholly reasonable, with the proliferation of online ordering and home delivery; there's no need for us to go out in public. We can live inside our homes, free from inducing fear to the unarmed populace with our personal freedom at our sides (or feet). Enabling our hermitage, the ability to order guns, ammo, and related products online would ensure that there would be no incidents in the public realm (as I'm sure there's never been a UPS box accidentally discharging a firearm on a plane). Truly, you and your ilk would feel safer knowing that gun owners are kept indoors, shuttered behind false doctrine and lying. You will feel safer going to your local shopping mall, knowing that only criminals, or those with criminal intent, are capable of inflicting violence undeterred by the possibility of someone having a serious means of self defense. You will feel safer knowing that the person quickly walking towards your car couldn't possibly want to steal your vehicle at gunpoint. You can enjoy the overpriced films and snacks at your local movie house knowing the man who just walked in the exit door is just an usher coming in from a smoke break. And you can relish the fact that school children are safe because responsible gun enthusiasts are inside, playing tactical games and working on getting that Cheetos stain just right on their wife-beater. No harm can come to the public when gun owners can't wear their guns in public because you've pressured businesses to ban customers from their Constitutionally-backed individual rights.

Sincerely,
Action Demands Moms Who Aren't Fear-Mongering Idiots Who Look Like They Belong on Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers.

(This isn't really what I support. It's satire)

Difdi

If you substitute books or newspapers for guns in most of these anti-gun nut propaganda pieces, most of them would freak out completely and scream about how you're anti-freedom and hate America. It always astounds me how few of them realize that they're doing exactly the same thing. :banghead:

bebop4one

Yes moms! Time to rally together! Sign your paper and bring it into your local Staples during your next visit which should be sometime around....3 or 4 months when you run out of toner or printer ink. Or hey when you need more office supplies which has to be every...6 months or so. Oh wait...almost nobody goes to Staples on a regular basis.

So what are these bored women worried about? They're worried about someone OC'ing on the one day that they might need to go there in a 6 month period?? I'm sorry but these moms need to shut up and worry about something else. I love how these people think that just because they squirted out a child that everyone has to bow down and listen. NOBODY CARES!