• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand action is now after.... Staples

Logan 5

Maybe if they "got some" they wouldn't be pushing this kind of mentally-screwed up agenda?
And if they get some, maybe it's not good enough.

Women get really weird on ya when you don't "satisfy" them, David. :eek: :shocker:

Boomboy007

Don't know what I am talking about?!?

I admire your zeal, but your statement is erroneous. We are speaking in the context of private property owners making a decision (or not) to ban guns, right?

Again, fight with zeal, but know what you're talking about first.

While we can both appreciate my zeal, my argument was certainly not against private property rights. Private property owners should be able to include/exclude whatever and whomever they like. That said, I have grown tired of being quiet just so the progressives will not look in my direction.

"If they are concentrating on government run healthcare, maybe they will leave our guns alone."

Not really working out as some had hoped. Well, I want my natural rights. ALL of them. I don't want to legislate or litigate anyone's acceptance of my right to keep and bear on their property, but I have no problem with financial embargo and public shame, i.e. voting with my dollars and maybe picketing with a sign. That would be the exercising of my First Amendment right, correct?

Dean, if you don't understand what I am talking about, then you may want to borrow some of my "zeal" for your own research.

We-the-People

WHY does everyone keep saying we lost Starbucks? Have you read their new policy?

They WILL NOT trespass an open carrier.

They WILL serve an open carriers.

They are (not very) "respectully requesting" that we no longer OC in their stores but if we do they won't do anything.

So why did they take such a wishy washy stance? Most likely because they felt pressure from the hopolophobes like the "brady bunch"and "thugs with jugs" that could negatively affect their bottom line. On the other hand, they don't want to piss off how many hundred thousand gun owners? So, they tossed the hopolophobes a bone and many gun folks are freaking the hell out.

I say go ahead and take advantage of their VERY public statement that THEY WILL serve us and WILL NOT trespass us. If they are truly not interested in our money 1) we don't care if they trespass us AND 2) we don't want to go there anyway.

If we take the "don't go there or they'll ban us" mentality we have already lost.

Anyone for a trip to Starbucks?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
WHY does everyone keep saying we lost Starbucks? Have you read their new policy?...

Yes.

We went from officially welcome to officially not welcome.

I do not go where I am not welcome. I honestly can't understand why you would, but recognize it is your choice to support their business that has expressly said you are not welcome, even though they won't go Costco on you for going there anyway.

We lost Starbucks. If we continue going there, we are supporting a business that has officially said we are not welcome while armed.

tombrewster421

What some here fail to understand is the fact that the CEO explicitly requested that guns not be brought into their stores. That is what was made public on an official scale. Anything that says they are to still serve us and not ask us to leave was meant for employees eyes only. That particular document was something that was leaked, NOT something we were meant to see. The liberal gun hater issued those instructions to employees because he genuinely FEELS the safety of his employees may be threatened by one of us "crazed lunatics with a gun" if they are required to intervene and actually enforce their policy. We are not welcome! So why would anyone want to support a company that does not welcome you?

davidmcbeth

Banned
What some here fail to understand is the fact that the CEO explicitly requested that guns not be brought into their stores. That is what was made public on an official scale. Anything that says they are to still serve us and not ask us to leave was meant for employees eyes only. That particular document was something that was leaked, NOT something we were meant to see. The liberal gun hater issued those instructions to employees because he genuinely FEELS the safety of his employees may be threatened by one of us "crazed lunatics with a gun" if they are required to intervene and actually enforce their policy. We are not welcome! So why would anyone want to support a company that does not welcome you?

Correct. I can read english.

bebop4one

Even though this thread is about Staples, have a look at this video. Dude makes a good point. http://youtu.be/3OVrXF-NB0E

We-the-People

Yes.

We went from officially welcome to officially not welcome.

I do not go where I am not welcome. I honestly can't understand why you would, but recognize it is your choice to support their business that has expressly said you are not welcome, even though they won't go Costco on you for going there anyway.

We lost Starbucks. If we continue going there, we are supporting a business that has officially said we are not welcome while armed.

Here are the reasons that I would:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6B0Sh-yLNA

skeith5

I hate when someone says they don't open carry for "tactical" reasons. To me it makes them sound like an idiot who is just parroting what some other idiot said. I think deterrence and a quicker draw is more "tactical"...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I hate when someone says they don't open carry for "tactical" reasons. To me it makes them sound like an idiot who is just parroting what some other idiot said. I think deterrence and a quicker draw is more "tactical"...

Don't forget they have to have the "element of surprise". We will be targeted by the BG's, and shot first. If you have a strong stomach, just go on the USA Carry forum and hear the drivel.

sirpuma

And, as usual, Libs start flexing, and we start bowing and scraping.every compromise we make is simply another nail in the coffin of the Second Amendment. We are so scared of losing our rights that we go out of our way to make it easier for those who talk loudest to take those right away. I, for one I am sick and tired of waiting for somebody to take my rights. I do believe it is time to go on the offensive. Find a business that doesn't like my open carry? Then I'll go out of my way to let them know that not only will I not patronize their business, but I'll tell everybody that I know that they are anti Constitution. Instead of complaining about how we could no longer have our Sunday morning OC meeting at the Bakerview Starbucks, we should have gathered on the sidewalk in front with a few signs letting EVERYONE know about Starbucks 180.

The liberal compromise is this: They promise to stop protesting, harassing, following, yelling, and complaining if we promise to give up our guns, our rights and drink the damn cool-aid.

XD40sc

These "look at me" jackwagons that carry rifles/shotguns into retail businesses are going to create a huge demand for "NO GUNS" signs.

Yes, it is a right, and yes it is "look at me" stupid. I carry every where I can, typically CC, but where appropriate OC, and I look at someone with a rifle/shotgun slung across their body as either fringe, or suffering a bad case of "look at me" syndrome. Big whooping deal, you own a gun, so do I, but I'm not going to get in the public's face with it.

And then the jackwagon bung holes that hand carry into places like Starbucks. How would that go down if a handgun were hand carried?

Logan 5

These "look at me" jackwagons that carry rifles/shotguns into retail businesses are going to create a huge demand for "NO GUNS" signs.

Yes, it is a right, and yes it is "look at me" stupid. I carry every where I can, typically CC, but where appropriate OC, and I look at someone with a rifle/shotgun slung across their body as either fringe, or suffering a bad case of "look at me" syndrome. Big whooping deal, you own a gun, so do I, but I'm not going to get in the public's face with it.

And then the jackwagon bung holes that hand carry into places like Starbucks. How would that go down if a handgun were hand carried?

Look at it this way-
You have this guy carrying an AR15 with a bolt block in place. No clip. Slung over his shoulder in support of the Second Amendment, and he's in a Burger King. Then some numbnut punk that's having a bad day goes into the same Burger King and starts shooting. He's got a .45 acp and multiple clips.
How long will it take for the numbnut to kill everyone in comparison to how long it's gonna take the jackass with an AR15 to activate his weapon? Seriously.

What value is that AR15 slung over your back when the only use it'll have is to club the guy that's shooting everyone? That fella in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVrXF-NB0E is accurate. OC'ing a handgun is one thing. OC'ing a rifle is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6B0Sh-yLNA is another good one.

We-the-People

Look at it this way-
You have this guy carrying an AR15 with a bolt block in place. No clip. Slung over his shoulder in support of the Second Amendment, and he's in a Burger King. Then some numbnut punk that's having a bad day goes into the same Burger King and starts shooting. He's got a .45 acp and multiple clips.
How long will it take for the numbnut to kill everyone in comparison to how long it's gonna take the jackass with an AR15 to activate his weapon? Seriously.

What value is that AR15 slung over your back when the only use it'll have is to club the guy that's shooting everyone? That fella in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVrXF-NB0E is accurate. OC'ing a handgun is one thing. OC'ing a rifle is stupid.

Who the hell would carry a weapon with a "bolt block"? Locked and loaded is the only way to go.

As this is OCDO I won't discuss the long gun portion of your post except to say I carry what I want, when I want, where I want....and sometimes that includes a long gun.

sudden valley gunner

Look at it this way-

What if a genetically modified Ape named Cornelius helps take over the human world?

Eeyore

Inadvertent Truth

I just watched a show called Drugs inc., and the episode was about marijuana legalization in Colorado and how It effects the whole drug business and society as a hole.

A classic case of a typo revealing a far deeper truth than was originally intended. More and more, the unraveling of American society is digging us into a deeper "hole."

sraacke

That sounds SO familiar.
These "look at me" jackwagons that carry holstered pistols into retail businesses are going to create a huge demand for "NO GUNS" signs.
Yes, it is a right, and yes it is "look at me" stupid. I carry every where I can, but I keep it concealed, and I look at someone with a holstered pistol on their belt as either fringe, or suffering a bad case of "look at me" syndrome. Big whooping deal, you own a gun, so do I but I'm not going to get in the public's face with it.

Yep, I've heard that before. Divided we fall.