Thread: Neptune Festival

Neptune Festival

Next weekend I will be visiting the Neptune Festival and staying Friday night at the Hampton Inn and all day Saturday on the boardwalk and watch the parade. Any tips on what to do and to do relative to carrying, OC/CC?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-23-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Fixed title

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It appears the the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival is entirely on public property.

Per state law and preemption, you are good to OC.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yep, Grapeshot is right, preemption applies. Besides, with all the drunkeness and problems that have been going down at the oceanfront this year, I wouldn't go to the Neptune festival without a gun. Seems it would be counterproductive to personal safety to leave your firearm at home in such a volatile atmosphere.

Have fun! I've been to many of them (mandatory fun when I was active duty), and they have some good food too.

Cool

Neptune Festival RARELY sees the kinds of problems that other [ahem] "ethnic" gatherings seem to produce.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

good to go

im down there alot, open carry with no problems or even strange looks...i open carried at the patriotic festival all weekend a while back...i see more open carry there than here in Richmond....that reminds me, its story time...see you on the richmond area thread
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Used to go every year during the day. Lots of fun. Lots of vendors. It is a good place to get Christmas presents for family.