Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After action report: Live chicken helps protest firearms at Appleton Farm Market

After action report: Live chicken helps protest firearms at Appleton Farm Market

"Houdini Plaza became a center of debate on gun rights for about an hour on Saturday morning as demonstrators questioned laws that allow for the open carry of weapons. Those carrying guns argued it’s both legal and acceptable. [ ... ] Scheffler was the lone among them asked to leave the Downtown Appleton Farm Market, and it was precisely the point he wanted to make at the popular Saturday gathering.

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic...nclick_check=1

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...b9a3f208812095

The pro-chicken advocates want a "change to the law" but don't/can't cite the law to be changed, ss 66.0409.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-22-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

From your link:

Police received three 911 calls about the men as they walked east down West College Avenue on Sept. 7 with the rifles. They claimed they were carrying the guns for self-defense
    These clowns citing 'self defense' are no different than a race pimp screaming "racist!" to justify their....whatever in heck is driving them to do such stupid sh*t. What's the violent crime rate in appleton again?
    If these buffoons would be hanging out in milwaukee, then at least their claim of "self defense" would seem to be plausible. But they're just hanging out in white, conservative low crime rate appleton.

This would be really funny stuff if you people wouldn't be so detrimental to the now growing acceptance of sport utility rifles and concealed carry in WI.
    Sad, but in the end, a clown will always resort to being just a clown.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    From your link:

These clowns citing 'self defense' are no different than a race pimp screaming "racist!" to justify their....whatever in heck is driving them to do such stupid sh*t. What's the violent crime rate in appleton again?
    If these buffoons would be hanging out in milwaukee, then at least their claim of "self defense" would seem to be plausible. But they're just hanging out in white, conservative low crime rate appleton.

This would be really funny stuff if you people wouldn't be so detrimental to the now growing acceptance of sport utility rifles and concealed carry in WI.
    Sad, but in the end, a clown will always resort to being just a clown.
    Keep and BEAR baby. They are just exercising their rights ... we are in America ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Keep and BEAR baby. They are just exercising their rights ... we are in America ...
    Just like the indians are exercising their rights to harvest walleye and deer--those not living in central/northern wisconsin may not have a clue what I'm talking about.
    And the indians kept shoving it into the face of non-indians, 'harvesting' deer just to leave them hanging to waste--by the roadside so all non indians could see, and 'harvesting' walleye ....I'll stop on that thought train now, but they have cleaned out a lot of lakes in the 'ceded territories'--those not from central/northern wisconsin may not know that phrase either.
    And the non indians that the indians have shoved their sh*t in their face, continually try to get their 'rights' rescinded/amended.

You have no idea who I am and have never seen me before, so can me and my friends walk onto your property carrying AKs? If you say yes, you are a fool and/or a liar. And being honest, if you and/or your friends walked onto my property with AKs, you wouldn't get very far before being told to stop and not proceed any further. If you had a holstered pistol, I'd still be cautious, but let you proceed. Get it?

Yet you people are imposing this absurdity on people that most, probably don't even own a firearm and get all their 'info' from liberal/progressive dominated (anti-firearm) mainstream media.

I thought about this today, after the packer game (that's the green bay wisconsin packers for those here not from WI) and though why would some pro-firearm people do such stupid sh*t. One of my conclusions was they're a bit weird, a bit paranoid, and now that they have permission to do what is their right, take it to the extreme, then when there's a backlash...and maybe enough so that the constitution is ammended, then they can sit in their basement and type about how RIGHT(!) they were in thinking they were after their guns after all, because that's what happened in the end. A self fulfilling prophecy....perfectly executed by their actions.

SNIP...You have no idea who I am and have never seen me before, so can me and my friends walk onto your property carrying AKs? If you say yes, you are a fool and/or a liar. And being honest, if you and/or your friends walked onto my property with AKs, you wouldn't get very far before being told to stop and not proceed any further. If you had a holstered pistol, I'd still be cautious, but let you proceed. Get it?
    Your analogy only works if the farmers market is posted PRIVATE property (and based on the fact that the LG OCers did not get detained/arrested the 2nd time around, I would venture to say it is not posted, and if it is private, the owner didn't mind). Even so, you are putting words in davidmcbeth's mouth because he never implied it is acceptable for anyone to just walk uninvited onto anyone else's private property.

Yet you people are imposing this absurdity on people that most, probably don't even own a firearm and get all their 'info' from liberal/progressive dominated (anti-firearm) mainstream media.
    And it appears you are imposing your angry tirades on people that never did anything to you to merit such lack of courtesy, and yet we know to tolerate whatever you say, so long as it is a Constitutionally PROTECTED RIGHT.

I thought about this today, after the packer game (that's the green bay wisconsin packers for those here not from WI) and though why would some pro-firearm people do such stupid sh*t. One of my conclusions was they're a bit weird, a bit paranoid, and now that they have permission to do what is their right, take it to the extreme, then when there's a backlash...and maybe enough so that the constitution is ammended, then they can sit in their basement and type about how RIGHT(!) they were in thinking they were after their guns after all, because that's what happened in the end. A self fulfilling prophecy....perfectly executed by their actions.
    I don't follow football, so thank you for providing clarification. The folks involved did not showboat by taking photos of themselves getting their fresh produce. These LG OCing, LACs were merely exercising their right, maybe even trying to get into constructive conversations. That the PROBABILITY of them "needing" a rifle is even included in your argument makes me question your intentions and leanings, both in regards to this forum and rights in general. If we lived based on probability, we wouldn't buy any form of insurance, or keep fire extinguishers in our homes and/or vehicles.

From your other posts, it is becoming clear you may be one of the 2nd Amendment hypocrites. So far, no one OCDO has accosted you for choosing to carry concealed, yet you continue to put berate OCers and OC in favor of CC, on OPENCARRY.org no less, with nearly every third post from you including a regurgitation of one of the many disproven myths of CC vs OC. While I prefer to OC, I will commend you for carrying responsibly, PERIOD (here I am assuming you are a LAC, carry responsibly, carry at all, and are not merely a troll as we have seen come and go on these forums). Even if your method of carry is not my preferred method of carry, you have already chosen not to be a victim, and I am glad of that.

So carry on (exercising your Constitutionally-PROTECTED right to do so), and please avoid exercising your Constitutionally-PROTECTED right to freedom of speech trying to impose your flawed arguments about CC on members who choose to carry primarily OC.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-22-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Clarification of LGOC and OC

These clowns citing 'self defense' are no different than a race pimp screaming "racist!" to justify their....
    The essential difference is that there is a natural right to self-defense and the enumerated Right to Keep and Bear Arms and no need to justify (make righteous) their behavior. The race-pimp is a hypocrite using his First Amendment right of free speech to deny another's right of free association. Only private property rights might bear legally on this situation.

But thank you for the reply that has been a useful read of your thinking.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-22-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The essential difference is that there is a natural right to self-defense and the enumerated Right to Keep and Bear Arms and no need to justify (make righteous) their behavior. The race-pimp is a hypocrite using his First Amendment right of free speech to deny another's right of free association. Only private property rights might bear legally on this situation.

But thank you for the reply that has been a useful read of your thinking.
    Doug Huffman, thanking Doug Hufman, about a post, made by Doug Huffman.
    Last edited by Plankton; 09-23-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

MJS Vielmetti weighs in, No feathers fly during Chicken [ ] protest in Appleton.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/2...rt=newestfirst

One planktonic poster lost his Elmo.

Re: After action report: Live chicken helps protest firearms at Appleton Farm Market

What's the violent crime rate in appleton again?
    I wonder what the violent crime rate was in Newtown. Or Columbine. Or at Virginia Tech. Or... well, you get the idea.

Funny thing about crime: it can happen anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    Thanks for the, ah, heads up. Do do you don your black tactical gear, sling an ak on your back and walk the streets of north milwaukee?
    Didn't think so.

BTW, if you did, you'd be one level below the top in the hierarchy of missing the entire point while concentrating on themselves. If you did--and you're white--it'd be front page news about how 'assault weapons need to be banned because they are the weapon of white hate groups".

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/2...rt=newestfirst

One planktonic poster lost his Elmo.
    At least the alcoholic schizophrenic Doug Huffman has his sockpuppets.
    Last edited by Plankton; 09-23-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

If you ignore him, other than to report his abuses, he'll eventually get banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man
    Your analogy only works if the farmers market is posted PRIVATE property (and based on the fact that the LG OCers did not get detained/arrested the 2nd time around, I would venture to say it is not posted, and if it is private, the owner didn't mind).
    The Appleton farmer's market is on public streets & sidewalks.
    No fee to enter,
    no gate,
    no restricted access at all, unless you count the traffic sawhorses at either end to remind drivers not to run their 2,000 pound instruments of death, with exploding fuel inside them, into the crowd of shoppers.

Banned

You have no idea who I am and have never seen me before, so can me and my friends walk onto your property carrying AKs? If you say yes, you are a fool and/or a liar. And being honest, if you and/or your friends walked onto my property with AKs, you wouldn't get very far before being told to stop and not proceed any further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDPlU6ioZU

Splashing on some make believe encounters? You do have an imagination. You make me dizzy...enjoy the music ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    I wonder what the violent crime rate was in Newtown. Or Columbine. Or at Virginia Tech. Or... well, you get the idea.

So high in Newtown that the town re-installed the same kind of easy breached door as before and voters turned down increasing spending for security.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If you ignore him, other than to report his abuses, he'll eventually get banned again.
    What "abuses" are you talking about?
    I always get amused by the "ban him!" BS that comes out of people's fingertips on algore's internet. Almost always, the more isolated (from reality) the board the quicker and more ardent the calls for banishment from the island.
    I used to get banned a lot at madison.com. The daily page banned me a few times too. For people not familiar with madison, that's the isthmus' website. Liberal/progressives are the poster kids of isolated and insulated from the rest of the world outside of themselves....OK the world beyond 3 feet from them.
    Actually, I think I know someone at this board. If so, we went to protest something....and the drag of it was, only a casual mention of it in the local press, a sentence or three. But if we'd have taken the bait, there'd have been plenty of photos and many many articles in the lamestream liberal/progressive media stating in more words of how "these are the people" that......

We didn't take their bait.
    We didn't fit any stereotype.
    So nothing happened (directly). But....REMEMBER, what you do in public is witnessed by a lot of people. Just because you don't get a reaction, doesn't mean it's not been noted. -->> <<--

Sorry I didn't complete the other post, but multi-tasking.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The Appleton farmer's market is on public streets & sidewalks.
    Thanks for that input. I always wondered why it was such a PITA to drive through the four block main street of appleton during farmers market.....

So, with how dick and jane or jane/jane or dick/dick households are become more and more isolated from the real world out there, ya know, where people walk around and actually interact with each other, do you think these people, when they see some dumbass dressed in head to toe video gamer black with a "fully automatic military assault weapon" on their back, they stop and think, 'wait, we're on public property, so they can have their "fully automatic military machine gun" on their back and it's OK'?

Do you think they differentiate their lot line from where they go shopping with their family? If we stand on the sidewalk in front of their house, all adorned in dumbass black and ak-47s on our back, they'd think, "Oh they're on the sidewalk in front of my house, and that's public property, so that's OK"?

The 'masses' don't see the details, the minutia. After all, if details counted, 0bozo would never have been re-elected.

I Cannot fathom why, or how, I came to this conclusion, but, I think Mr. Chowda holds a disdain for Black clothing, Russian made AK-47's, and tactical gear. Certainly, I for one, am glad that his distaste for such items allows him to accept those of us who may, from time to time, OC a U.S. made M249 SAW while wearing Sandals and a Hawaiian shirt!

*Note that I do not own, nor possess, a M249 SAW, nor do I have access to one, but I do own sandals, and a Hawaiian shirt.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I Cannot fathom why, or how, I came to this conclusion, but, I think Mr. Chowda holds a disdain for Black clothing, Russian made AK-47's, and tactical gear.
    I can't fathom your conclusion either, especially since I have them. OK, not a russian made AK. You got me on that. Come to think of it, I used to buy AKs in lots of five as they'd be something like $150/each.
    Now what was your point again?

Oh yeah, chowda thinks people doing in your face, 'act up!' type confrontational things to people programmed not to like black rifles is about 52 ways of dumbass stupid.
    Who has been better for race relations, bill cosby or the new black panthers?

Compare and contrast:

with:

http://nrawomen.tv/home/video/new-energy-trailer

Seems to me as some folks here have more in common with the people in the picture, getting their "hey I been arrested' credibility rather than anything else, bigger picture, being a contributor to the gun community.
    But that's just the vibe I've gotten so far.

First pic--they are all within their rights, so how do ya think non blacks viewed them? Ever seen that picture before? I know, a thousand times, but never on mainstream media.
    How many people have seen the second one, the link? Probably not a lot. I'd guess about 99% less than anyone dressed in a clown outfit with an ak on their back walking around in shoppers.....
    Last edited by chowda; 09-24-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I Cannot fathom why, or how, I came to this conclusion, but, I think Mr. Chowda holds a disdain for Black clothing, Russian made AK-47's, and tactical gear. Certainly, I for one, am glad that his distaste for such items allows him to accept those of us who may, from time to time, OC a U.S. made M249 SAW while wearing Sandals and a Hawaiian shirt!

*Note that I do not own, nor possess, a M249 SAW, nor do I have access to one, but I do own sandals, and a Hawaiian shirt.
    Leaves more guns for me .... nice...

Banned
    Compare and contrast:.
    See that lady in the photo ... she's dialing 911 before she thinks she is going to die ... The lady in the video may dial 911 to have the corpses hauled away.

I don't like folks talking about ARs not being "military weapons" because I have the same right to a M16 as the guberment does.

Compare and contrast:
    I don't find the guys in the picture to be inherently threatening or particularly "scary." I can imagine that people with a certain set of prejudices and delusions would be frightened. I would imagine that those same people would be frightened by someone openly carrying a firearm. I feel the best thing we can do as individuals is examine our own prejudices, preconceived notions, and beliefs. I feel that many times we as individuals make the mistake of presenting our opinions as "truth."

+1000 for the video and the movement behind it!
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I don't find the guys in the picture to be inherently threatening or particularly "scary."
    I agree with you as those two are 8 ways of dumbshit clowns.

I can imagine that people with a certain set of prejudices and delusions would be frightened.
    Thank you! Good to see another normal person sees things outside of himself.

So, anyone want to wander around shopping areas adorned like this dumbass, in an effort to....well, I have no idea...

Everything he is wearing is legal, and he has his RIGHT to do so, so why not everyone just wander/waddle around public places like that...in an effort to let people know gun owners are normal people, just like them.....
    Last edited by chowda; 09-25-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Everything he is wearing is legal, and he has his RIGHT to do so, so why not everyone just wander/waddle around public places like that...in an effort to let people know gun owners are normal people, just like them.....
    Nobody was dressed like a Mall Ninja in any of the pictures or other media reports from the Appleton Farmers Market coverage...

That's weird because I saw a picture of someone dressed all in black, with a spray painted black fedora and a pistol gripped shotgun across his back. I heard about the ones earlier, but hoped that was a one time event that the firearm community could overcome and move on. Then I saw that picture of fedora guy and realized there's a group of 8 movement going on that can fluke it up for everyone.

So why not dress like a normal person and carry, say a 1911? Or better yet, a revolver? People will see you have a firearm on your belt, but...a revolver? When is the last time there was any bad press about revolvers? And they are indeed firearms. Heck, why not a .22 pistol? I've taught a bunch of people* to shoot with those.

*for those monitoring my words, "yes, black people too".

But why not wear a mask too? I mean, it is your constitutional right? Serious question....again.....unanswered.....
    Last edited by chowda; 09-25-2013 at 10:35 PM.

That's weird because I saw a picture of someone dressed all in black, with a spray painted black fedora and a pistol gripped shotgun across his back. I heard about the ones earlier, but hoped that was a one time event that the firearm community could overcome and move on. Then I saw that picture of fedora guy and realized there's a group of 8 movement going on that can fluke it up for everyone.

So why not dress like a normal person and carry, say a 1911? Or better yet, a revolver? People will see you have a firearm on your belt, but...a revolver? When is the last time there was any bad press about revolvers? And they are indeed firearms. Heck, why not a .22 pistol? I've taught a bunch of people* to shoot with those.

*for those monitoring my words, "yes, black people too".

But why not wear a mask too? I mean, it is your constitutional right? Serious question....again.....unanswered.....
    You worry alot. About other people. I don't worry at all. It's seems nobody cares about your "questions", or the answers you are so worried about. You seem to worry alot about how people dress. That might worry me. If I cared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast