• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

morons on parade, NYC edition

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...She is toast. Wishing we had a national ccl reciprocity! ...[/URL]

Article said she had no permit from any state. And she's from Wisconsin, so would have needed one for leaving the house with it there, too.

What happened with the lady that tried this a year or so ago at the WTC site, the one that went up to security after seeing the sign and asked him what to do with her gun?

eye95

Yep. Moron.

However, she should be able to do what she did without any permission slip from any government.

I hate the idea of national reciprocity. It would be just further entrenchment of the idea that we can carry because we have the permission of the government.

Fight for unlicensed carry. Screw licensed carry!

eye95, founding member, OFUC, Ohioans for Unlicensed Carry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

EMNofSeattle

Morons on parade.
1) carries a gun through security
2) carries a gun in NYC
3) carries a gun in NY state
4) admits that she carries it on Amtrak
What law other then the carry rules of the state you're in prevents carry on Amtrak?

She is toast. Wishing we had a national ccl reciprocity!
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013/09/22/woman-arrested-with-gun-at-911-memorial/
out of stater with no rapsheet and no criminal intent? you seriously think New York wants to spend money on her? she'll spend a few weeks in Rikers, plead out to a misdemeanor charge and be released with a 1000 dollar fine.... that's SOP for how NY deals with out of staters with no criminal record. why spend money imprisoning her for a felony when they can spend 200 for a few days of jail and squeeze a G or two out of her?

every case I can think of (the woman from Tennessee last year, the TEA party guy, the jeweler from Indiana etc) New York and New Jersey are famous for that, arrest, charge, plead 'em out or deferred prosecution, a fine take their gun send them on their way...

watch....

davidmcbeth

Banned
did not the IL supreme court just knock out convictions for the same thing?

thanks you masta for allowing me me rights....

UtzChips

Morons on parade.
1) carries a gun through security
2) carries a gun in NYC
3) carries a gun in NY state
4) admits that she carries it on Amtrak

She is toast. Wishing we had a national ccl reciprocity!
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013/09/22/woman-arrested-with-gun-at-911-memorial/

It's her 2nd amendment right! No?!
Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) Says blaming random mass shootings, such as the one at the navy yard, on the fact that there are so many guns in our country, is like saying that we should blame the high rate of obesity in our country on the fact that we have too many spoons!

Should "morons" be stripped of their 2nd amendment right? If so, how do we define & test a person for qualification of gun ownership? An I.Q. test along with a background check?

Last edited:

DocWalker

Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) Says blaming random mass shootings, such as the one at the navy yard, on the fact that there are so many guns in our country, is like saying that we should blame the high rate of obesity in our country on the fact that we have too many spoons!

Should "morons" be stripped of their 2nd amendment right? If so, how do we define & test a person for qualification of gun ownership? An I.Q. test along with a background check?

Same should go for being able to have kids. Maybe have everyone take a test in high school and if they fail then sterilize them. What to severe? Wouldn't stripping someone of their right to self defense be just as bad?

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Same should go for being able to have kids. Maybe have everyone take a test in high school and if they fail then sterilize them. What to severe? Wouldn't stripping someone of their right to self defense be just as bad?

Are you seriously suggesting that this nation should practice Eugenics, and that doing so wouldn't be any worse than removing their right of self defense? Seriously? Please tell me that you absent-mindedly left off the sarcasm flag from your post.

DocWalker

Are you seriously suggesting that this nation should practice Eugenics, and that doing so wouldn't be any worse than removing their right of self defense? Seriously? Please tell me that you absent-mindedly left off the sarcasm flag from your post.

I don't know how to put a sarcasm flag on the computer. If you couldn't tell sarcasm when it smacks you in the face then I appologize.

IT WAS SARCASMMMMMMMMM.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I don't know how to put a sarcasm flag on the computer. If you couldn't tell sarcasm when it smacks you in the face then I appologize.

IT WAS SARCASMMMMMMMMM.

JUst because the rest of the conversation is hopeless -

you can let folks know something was sarcastic by adding "[/sarcasm]" at the end. When you do it, just drop off the quotation marks, OK? They were put there so folks would know what was inside them was what was being referenced. Usually, the "[/sarcasm]" indicator applies only to what immediately preceeded it, which means you might have to separate a sarcastic sentence or two from the rest of a paragraph

so that the morons can see what was sarcastic and not think the whole paragraph was sarcastic [/sarcasm]

or not.

Hope that helped.

You may all now return to your ddebate about whether or not the individual had a permit for a concealed weapon or not.

stay safe.

DocWalker

JUst because the rest of the conversation is hopeless -

you can let folks know something was sarcastic by adding "[/sarcasm]" at the end. When you do it, just drop off the quotation marks, OK? They were put there so folks would know what was inside them was what was being referenced. Usually, the "[/sarcasm]" indicator applies only to what immediately preceeded it, which means you might have to separate a sarcastic sentence or two from the rest of a paragraph

so that the morons can see what was sarcastic and not think the whole paragraph was sarcastic [/sarcasm]

or not.

Hope that helped.

You may all now return to your ddebate about whether or not the individual had a permit for a concealed weapon or not.

stay safe.

Thank you for the computer lesson, maybe one day I will learn how to change fonts, make things bold, and add those cool animated smiley faces. Right now I only know how to click on the dozen or so at the bottom of the page.

OC for ME

I know all sorts of folks who should not be permitted to own a firearm. Not owning a firearm does not prevent them from exercising their right to self defense. A firearm just makes SD a little bit easier. I will not get into a debate on the definition of arms in this thread, that would be moronic.

UtzChips

Talk about morons on parade!

In October, 2012, Congress had an approval rating of 21% [ ref: http://tinyurl.com/9mclu5z ]
In November, 2012, 90% of the incumbents won their bid for reelection:
http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/reelect.php
Is this an indication that
A: People vote strictly for one party?
B: People vote for the incumbent because they have more money to spend on reelection because of the special interests they took care of during their last term and voters are gullible?
C: Voters make up of some of the biggest morons on the planet?

On 9/30/2013, Politico reported that, Congress' approval rating was 10%
http://tinyurl.com/mrffctw
I am offering 10 to 1 on your money if you are willing to bet that less than 85% of the incumbents in Congress will lose their bid for reelection.
The same morons that went to the polls in Nov 2012, will return in Nov 2014.

eye95

Polling has produced a very believable answer as to why incumbents are reelected when Congress' approval rating is so low. Folks believe that it is everyone else's congressman who is the problem.

The polling data and the reelection rates are not in conflict.

UtzChips

We get precisely the government that we - US - deserve, and good and hard. My eyes have been and are being much opened by Karl Popper's 1947 The Open Society and Its Enemies (2013 edition). Unfortunately it is 800 pages of complex political philosophy, assuring that morons will never see it's back pages.

You will get better response not using blind URLs/subsitutes. I will not look at one.

You want long urls? So be it: Goggle is your friend! I was only condensing very long ones into short, easy to post urls, which is what "tinyurl" is for.
You can do your own footwork and find the same authoritative references I did, or, you can save yourself time and trust me until I burn you....which will NEVER happen.

eye95 said:
Folks believe that it is everyone [elses] congressman who is the problem.

Reminds me of a poll I saw awhile back with stats that showed somewhere in the rage of 19 out of a 100 questioned approved of the job Congress was doing, however, something like 55 out of 100 [I would be willing to bet it was over 50%] of them thought that their representatives where doing a good job. I think it's called: propaganda :p

oc for me said:
There are no morons in congress, just ask the folks who elected them.

The vast majority of the people who go to the polls are the morons. They believe what is fed to them by the media. We all remember the summer of 2011 when Congress put together another one of their "special panels" to come up with 1.2 trillion in cuts over coming 10 years or the automatic non-discriminate cuts across the board would come?
Of course we do.
Well, in March 2011, Fox News.com reported on 1Mar2011 [ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...eport-identifies-dozens-duplicative-programs/ ]that the non-partisan GAO identified ways in which the federal govt. could save as much as 200 billion a year without cutting services.

That "SPECIAL PANEL" of the summer of 2011 only had to come up with 120 billion a year in cuts!!!

However, once the cable news networks realized that the viewers were more interested in the name calling & bickering back & forth between the parties, like it was some kind of reality show............well the news networks stopped anymore reporting of that "boring" GAO report & failed to remind their viewers that the answer to all their problems [when it came to finding the cuts needed] has already been identified!
Here is the complete report in pdf form.
[ http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11318sp.pdf ] So, why did the news agencies drop this fact like a hot potato? Could it be because they treat their news reporting like a reality show? It is what their viewers want, so it's the kind of news reporting that their advertisers are willing to pay to advertise on.

And why did your politicians ignore the GAO's report? Because anyway you cut it......... a special interest group would end up losing funding.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thank you for the computer lesson, maybe one day I will learn how to change fonts, make things bold, and add those cool animated smiley faces. Right now I only know how to click on the dozen or so at the bottom of the page.

Sorry, but I took you at your word, seeing as how you said you did not know how to do that and said nothing about being sarcastic when you said it.

It's been a rough couple of days and my crystal ball has been in the shop for a couple of weeks.

stay safe.