Thread: Best Spokane gun shop?

Best Spokane gun shop?

Howdy folks!

So after long deliberation and discussion with my girl, I've decided I want to trade in my S&W .45 ACP 4566 model, and see about getting either a Springfield Armory 1911 GI or Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical.

What shop in the Spokane/CDA area would give the fairest deal?? Don't have a whole lot of spare money (maybe $200.00 additional, depending on how much they'd offer for my .45), so figured a straight trade-in might be the best option.

Would Cabelas be better, or one of the smaller shops?? Thanks in advance

Just think of a car dealership, or a pawn shop. If you can sell the gun for $500, they will offer $200. Just sell it on your own first.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Re: Best Spokane gun shop?

I'd suggest putting an ad up on waguns.org and advertise it for trade. You'll save tax and probably get a better deal. Cabelas is usually higher prices than other gun stores I've seen. I'm not out in the Spokane area (although I'm moving there this week) so I can't comment on any local gun stores.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Darren

Pass the popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    Howdy folks!

So after long deliberation and discussion with my girl, I've decided I want to trade in my S&W .45 ACP 4566 model, and see about getting either a Springfield Armory 1911 GI or Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical.

What shop in the Spokane/CDA area would give the fairest deal?? Don't have a whole lot of spare money (maybe $200.00 additional, depending on how much they'd offer for my .45), so figured a straight trade-in might be the best option.

Would Cabelas be better, or one of the smaller shops?? Thanks in advance
    Sell it yourself.

Don't buy handguns from Idaho unless your an Idaho resident. Otherwise you'll have to have the gun transferred in to WA (+$25) and you'll have to pay an additional "usage" tax of 8% (I believe).

If you want to special order a gun try the guys over at Three Gun Nuts in the valley (really really small shop) or Terry over at All American Arms. I've worked with both shops a few times and felt they've given me a fair deal. Pay cash if you can to avoid the 3% credit card fee.

You could also try galleryofguns.com/impactguns.com/gunniesonline.com/etc and have it shipped to an FFL (transfer fee and usage tax apply)

If you can find what you want at White Elephant they will typically have the best prices should you sell your other pistol yourself.

I haven't been to 3 Gun Nuts yet, I have been to All American Arms and they seemed to be a decent shop but I'm a very competitive shopper and I ended up getting my best deal at Northwest Collector Arms over on Pines and Broadway. He definitely gets my business. Last deal I did I had a quote for a trade in value and new pistol at AAA and I went to NCA and didn't tell them anything about shopping around and the trade in value was higher/the new pistol price was lower at NCA. I took in an old Colt 1911 in the other day to him and he looked it up and told me all about it, great guy there! Anyway that's my plug for my favorite dealer in the area. Northwest Collector Arms gets my vote pretty much every time....

-Thor
    Let me make a short, opening, blanket statement. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody - except bad people.

- Charleton Heston

Cabelas in idaho does all pistol transfers to washington through the bargain hunter on east sprague, just east of sullivan, a very small shop indeed. You end up having to pay all wa tax and inevitably it takes at least a day or so even with a cpl.
    I am a fan of the "gun only pawn shop" located on pines rd just north of broadway in the valley, always seam to have a reasonable deal (I admit I never have SOLD a gun there)
    Its worth checking out if u have never been before.

Best Spokane gun shop?

I agree with others to sell you current gun your self. As far as getting a new gun my dollars always go to northwest collector arms first. Every gun I've gotten there has been either OD or Desert tan that normal shops charge more for but I've always paid less than list for what the "basic" model normally goes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bennie1986; 12-22-2013 at 02:20 AM.