Thread: Emily Gets Her Gun

Cow Town, Tn.

Emily Gets Her Gun

Just picked up a copy of Emily Gets Her Gun by Emily Miller. Started reading it Saturday and couldn't put it down. I've been a carry permit holder for 25 years and basically have always focused on my gun laws in my home state and surrounding states that I frequent. WOW ! what an eye opener about D.C. gun rules. I knew they were strict, but not this strict and to even get arrested for having just one empty shell casing. Good job Emily on a good read. What part of "Shall not be infringed", does our government not get....what are they scared of ?

North Dakota
    Yup. DC Law will prosecute law abiding citizens as felons.

Take this example, What if I go to the NRA range in nearby Fairfax, VA. Upon returning from the range to my home in Virginia I diligently remove my firearms and boxes of ammunition. However, one single 9mm cartridge fell out and is sitting in the trunk of my car. I now drive into DC, and get stopped for a suspected, minor traffic violation, or as a random "security check" (no RAS needed). Now, they open the trunk, and I'm charged with a felony and sent to jail.

Land of the free?... Free healthcare according to Obama.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Emily has become the poster girl for Gun Rights in D.C. - she is quite a lady too.

She earned the prestigious Clark Mollenhoff Award for Investigative Journalism as a result of her series in the Washington Times and was awarded the “Journalist of the Year” at the Gun Rights Policy Conference for the 2nd year in a row!

I acquired a copy of her book w/autograph while in Houston - came back with enough reading material for the next six months.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Ffld co.

Unregistered Ammo and Casing Case: DC v Witaschek

Looks like the guy is taking his chances with a jury. He seems pretty sympathetic, good job, house in Georgetown, no crim history.

His soon-to-be ex-wife accused him of making gun threats...prompting a raid of his DC home (including dragging his 16yo son out of the shower) guns, but they found a misfired shotgun shell and a spent casing, along with a holster. There was possibly a prior consent search of the DC home which turned up an exempt antique revolver.

They offered him a plea to a lesser and he rejected...he's rolling the dice. Eager to see how this goes.

earth's crust
    See? He should have kept his guns .... he needed them