Thread: Taurus vs ati

Taurus vs ati

hello there i have been looking to get a 45 1911 i like the look of the taurus pt-1911 and the ATI 1911 only thing is i have not heard alot about ATI any one have one or have any exp in them i just font want to buy something with out alittle feed bak thank you

I have no experience with ATI however I do have a PT1911 and I do enjoy it. It is accurate and dependable. Feeds anything I give it. However it is heavy, I usually OC my compact RIA as it is noticeably lighter for long days carrying.

An aluminum frame would help with the weight as will a belt designed for carry (a good carry belt made a big difference for me) but with aluminum you might worry about longevity.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

I don't own either, but going off my experience with both manufacturers' other products and what I've heard from those who own their 1911s, I'd go with a Taurus. ATI isn't exactly known for importing the best quality firearms or standing behind their products, nor are they known for their customer service. While some people have issues with Taurus, they stand behind their guns 100% and offer lifetime warranties on their products even after the the product has been discontinued and changed hands several times. As for the actual quality of both manufacturers' 1911s I know people who own both and a lot more of the ATIs have to be sent back for service.

Again, none of this is first hand, so take it as you will. There's plenty of information about both on the internet if you want to check out first-hand accounts, both in video and written review form.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.

I owned a Taurus 1911, was fine pistol but the right hand thumb safety came off. not big deal, I am a righty. Sold the pistol shortly thereafter. I have read that ATI customer service leaves a bit to be desired. Have you considered Rock Island as they have an inexpensive 1911 and great customer service.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I owned a Taurus 1911, was fine pistol but the right hand thumb safety came off. not big deal, I am a righty.
    I think parts falling off your gun is a big deal regardless of whether or not you need them. :0
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.