Thread: Peace officer pleased about openly carried AR-15's

Peace officer pleased about openly carried AR-15's

Last edited by 77zach; 09-23-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    +1
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Re: Peace officer pleased about openly carried AR-15's

My old state. MI has some really great Sheriff's like this one & some really bad ones. Too bad they all aren't like this deputy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I think this guy demonstrates those qualities that I mentioned in the thread started by eye95 on authority. He was a little older, mature, educated, intelligent and calm. And he respected our rights. These are qualities we need in a peace officer.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Re: Peace officer pleased about openly carried AR-15's

God knows Wayne County could sure use some deputies, like this guy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I think this guy demonstrates those qualities that I mentioned in the thread started by eye95 on authority. He was a little older, mature, educated, intelligent and calm. And he respected our rights. These are qualities we need in a peace officer.
    1) He wants to go home at the end of the night.
    2) He can turn off being a police officer and go home at the end of the night.
    3) He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone.
    4) He's using humor as a tool rather than taking control of the situation.

He's a stand-up guy, and I'm glad to see he's out there interfacing with all facets of the public. He's an asset to his department, and I hope they do something useful with him -- like promote him or put him in training.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Observe or approach and make contact. I would like to witness observe vs. approach and make contact. When cops do the former and not the latter, and the public witnesses cops not bothering citizens engaged in lawful behavior the tide will have surely turned.