• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

eye95 Twitter Feed Operational

eye95

We don't have a lot of followers yet. I hope the functionality of what we are doing will cause that to change.

We need a central clearinghouse for RKBA events in Ohio. We have a lot of diverse groups (a good thing!) promoting the Right. They don't always communicate perfectly (a natural state of affairs within true grassroots movements), so we need a way to make sure there is one place to go that requires minimal participation to get information on events. We hope to make this feed that go-to place.

This way, folks can join the groups they choose, not join others, or not join any of them formally, yet still help out the cause when we gather.

We will post to the feed all lawful RKBA events in Ohio, with Date, Time, Location, Preferred Carry Status (open, concealed, long gun also, handgun only, any lawful, etc.), and Other Information.

If you want something tweeted, just make sure we find out about it. Post on OCDO, OhioOpenCarry.org, send a PM on either site, or email us if you are one of the few who know the email. If we get the information, we will post it, as long as no laws will be broken.

Oh, and don't forget to follow the feed. If we get it wrong, you won't know unless you get the tweets!

Events will be retweeted as reminders and to keep new followers informed, but not so often as to be annoying. We ain't gonna spam you. We are just going to help ensure maximum awareness to result in maximum turnout.

Troy bilt

This sounds like a great idea.

I refuse to Facebook, but have not looked into tweeting yet and don't know much about it.

eye95

Creating a Twitter account is not nearly as intrusive as creating a facebook account. Also, you can use your account to simply "follow" a feed. You automatically get updates without sharing a lot of your personal information.