Thread: Lois Lerner, IRS official at heart of tea party scandal takes the fall, retires TWT

Lois Lerner, IRS official at heart of tea party scandal takes the fall, retires TWT

Republicans said Ms. Lerner’s resignation, while a first step, isn’t the end of the scandal. “Just because Lois Lerner is retiring from the IRS does not mean the investigation is over. Far from it,” said Sen. Orrin G. Hatch of Utah, the ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee. “In fact, there are many serious, unanswered questions that must be addressed so we can get to the truth.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...andal-retires/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Now you can subpoena her and she has no gov't immunity ..

Get her back on the stand !

Why are we paying her pension?

UPDATE!! 30,000 missing emails from IRS' Lerner recovered

Up to 30,000 missing emails sent by former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner have been recovered by the IRS inspector general, five months after they were deemed lost forever. The U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed congressional staffers from several committees on Friday that the emails were found among hundreds of “disaster recovery tapes” that were used to back up the IRS email system.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/30...rticle/2556522

They said they are in the “final stages” of their investigation, but said it’s unlikely they will finish until next year, when the GOP takes control of the committee and will have a bigger say in the final report. The two men, however, said they expect the conclusions to be bipartisan.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...investigators/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-21-2014 at 05:08 PM.

at this rate.............

by the time any of this alleged "targeting" is linked back to senior WH aides, Obama will be out of office and nobody will care. Another great opportunity to rein in an out of control branch of federal government, and we're going to screw it up and miss it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    by the time any of this alleged "targeting" is linked back to senior WH aides, Obama will be out of office and nobody will care. Another great opportunity to rein in an out of control branch of federal government, and we're going to screw it up and miss it again.
    Wouldn't that be a good thing depending who is the president then? If they end up convicting some of these people they won't be pardoned by Obama.

The progressive-Republicans have their own sins to be forgiven by Obama or his successor.