• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Those Appleton Boys Should Have had This Type Of Encounter

Law abider

chowda

Did someone mention "incrementalism" on another thread?
Is there any difference between a normal looking person with a sig on his hip, plainly visible while he and his family are shopping vs. some middle aged male, dressed in all black, with an "assault weapon" walking/standing around where other families are shopping?

-->> :idea:<<--

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Awesome interaction. I'm sure there are many such encounters every day in this country that are not recorded, or at least not posted. Hopefully there will be more and more as time goes by.

chowda

Awesome interaction.
I agree. Great job by the LEO. And did anyone note how all those guys were NOT dressed all in black, oops I mean tactical black? -->> :idea: <<--

The leo was cool, but why did those people choose that place for their 'demonstration'? To be seen by the vehicles passing by. Why did they choose that spot to show their stuff?
Because they COULD BE SEEN BY A LOT OF PEOPLE. If you guys/gals want to get into an advertising war (which is what PR/politics are), you better get your **** together and think of the people driving by, walking by, rather than just all about your black tactical adorned sport utility rifle toting self. A lot of people get it, but some don't.

Did someone mention "incrementalism" on another thread?
I think this is the first time since algore invented the internet that I've quoted myself on a non-liberal/progressive board.
The liberal/progressive institutional machine that has infested this former country is well aware of that incrementalism. Look at all the **** zero has done to slowly suffocate us. But the trip? He's just an affirmative action face as this has been going on since the late 70s.

Show up dressed like a normal person, not some nutbag.
Have a pistol on your hip, in plain sight.
Be respectful, wave at people, talk to people, be happy be fun, be APPROACHABLE. No soccer mom/fudd/normal person will think of approaching someone with an ak strung on their back. Hell, I wouldn't and I'm sort of familiar with firearms.

many such encounters every day in this country that are not recorded, or at least not posted.

And someone folks in appleton that walk down an urban street with ARs and/or (don't know if they're the same) cruise the same area in head to toe video-gamer black with a pistol gripped 870 on his back also makes national attention...and surely will be used against the pro second amendmant politicians in that district, as a means to paint all gun owners as that.

Yet... **** like this will never make any 'news' that 90% of the voters in that district will see:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-attorney-says-it-could-be-a-really-big-deal/

Think the leo recognized the bolt face? Oh, and didn't the wisconsin like state of ny just ban all sport utility rifles and reduce standard mag capacity to 7?

Hello?
If you want to make a statement, remember, you are speaking to a whole lot of people not very familiar with firearms, much less how wonderful sport utility rifles are. My wife is disabled and uses an AR for hunting because it's light, easy to operate, and has very low recoil. I tell that to a lot of people....if it's in the conversation or if I can fit it in. People need to be educated, become familiar with something, and find it acceptable rather than to stick it in their face and say "DEAL WITH IT!". That's black panther, act up ******** and it didnt' work for those protected minority groups.

So, of all the people out there not familiar with sport utility rifles, or those against firearms in general, who do you think will convert more people to our cause, a normal looking person with just a pistol on his hip, going about his business, free to talk to people and APPROACHABLE, or....well, I hope people are starting to think outside of themselves in the war against firearms.....

Last edited:

protias

I agree. Great job by the LEO. And did anyone note how all those guys were NOT dressed all in black, oops I mean tactical black? -->> :idea: <<--

The leo was cool, but why did those people choose that place for their 'demonstration'? To be seen by the vehicles passing by. Why did they choose that spot to show their stuff?
Because they COULD BE SEEN BY A LOT OF PEOPLE. If you guys/gals want to get into an advertising war (which is what PR/politics are), you better get your **** together and think of the people driving by, walking by, rather than just all about your black tactical adorned sport utility rifle toting self. A lot of people get it, but some don't.

An OC of a long gun is bad why? I'm sure a number of people wish they could have had a rifle in Newton, CT or Aurora, CO.

I think this is the first time since algore invented the internet that I've quoted myself on a non-liberal/progressive board.
The liberal/progressive institutional machine that has infested this former country is well aware of that incrementalism. Look at all the **** zero has done to slowly suffocate us. But the trip? He's just an affirmative action face as this has been going on since the late 70s.
The first time you quoted yourself Doug? If that's true, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Interceptor_Knight

Show up dressed like a normal person,...

As I go about my every-day tasks I see people dressed in black leather, black T-shirts, camo pants and shirts, Packer Colors and all kinds of varied dress. When I look at the pictures from the Open Carry event at the Appleton Farmers Market, I do not see anyone dressed any differently than the people I encounter each and every day in Northeast Wisconsin.
I have looked all through WI Statutes and Administrative Code and I can't seem to find the dress code restriction for the carry of firearms. I can't find where black, yellow, pink, blue orange or any other color is banned from our attire while we Openly Carry firearms.

Last edited:

chowda

An OC of a long gun is bad why? I'm sure a number of people wish they could have had a rifle in Newton, CT or Aurora, CO.
Uh, yeah, sure, teachers walking around with an ak on their back. Or was it the kids you're talking about carrying aks?
Aurora? Do you have any idea how hard it would be to sit in a movie theater seat with a fal? But giving your line of logic credit, with night vision on your HK 91, you could use that to help you not trip over anyone's feet as you came back from the bathroom during the movie. Just get a folding stock though as everyone with their rifles sitting in their seats may make a lot of rifle banging, ya know, narrow spaces and all.
Did what I just said sound silly? Did you read what you just asked me? And I'm a long time, many gun owner, former military, etc. How would some non-gun owning housewife think of what you just said? Remember, you just said people should to to elementary schools and movie theaters with the dreaded "military assault rifles". -->> :idea: <<--

Ya know (WI expression), I've come to the conclusion a lot of people here look upon their life as the jesse jackson, liberal/progressive type life of being a valiant dumbass that stands up and get's arrested/confronts cops.
Why? It clearly isn't about getting 'the masses' to accept that open carry is OK. No, it's all about you people making dumbass stands so you can report back to one another, shake internet hands on it, then go do it again, record it, then come back here and other places and swap the "I've been arrested for nothing!" internet cred(ibility).

Anyone here ever consider that rather than do your drama flops for the 'cause', why not come across as sane, mature adults and get people to agree that not only is firearm ownership OK, but carrying them is OK as not all firearm owners aren't dungeons and dragon/doom role playing kids? That way you won't be poster kiddies for the liberal/progressive anti-gunners. -->> :idea: <<--

The first time you quoted yourself Doug? If that's true, then I have a bridge to sell you.

No idea who doug is, but he seems to be the common boogieman here. There is a world outside of this two dimensional one, just in case anyone here didn't know.

Just try to remember, sometimes it's hard to take some people seriously....

628x471.jpg

Last edited: