Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Property, Boys suspended

Private Property, Boys suspended

i was wondering what ya'll thought about this.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53084779/n.../#.UkC2f1O2eV4
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Re: Private Property, Boys suspended

This is going to come on wavy tv10 I think. I'll try to post more info as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Here ya go...

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-gone-too-far
    VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A suspended seventh grade Virginia Beach student will find out soon if he is expelled for the rest of the year for shooting an airsoft gun.

Like thousands of others in Hampton Roads, Khalid Caraballo plays with airsoft guns. Caraballo and his friend Aidan were suspended because they shot two other friends who were with them while playing with the guns as they waited for the school bus.

The two seventh graders say they never went to the bus stop; they fired the airsoft guns while on Caraballo's private property.

i am in discussion with someone and i mentioned that i think the bus is a school zone for so many ft. i know i read it some where, because it pertained to guns. can't find it now. i might be asking the right question.

the person is wanting a cite . the only thing i have so far is the superintendent of my county's word.

if any of you have a cite on this i would appreciate it. thought it has nothing to do with this case (i assume)
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    i am in discussion with someone and i mentioned that i think the bus is a school zone for so many ft. i know i read it some where, because it pertained to guns. can't find it now. i might be asking the right question.

the person is wanting a cite . the only thing i have so far is the superintendent of my county's word.

if any of you have a cite on this i would appreciate it. thought it has nothing to do with this case (i assume)
    Andy Fox list's some quote's during the movie. I'd have to listen to it again to get them. I don't understand if the 911 caller was so concerned about her son, why did she let him go over there the next day and play? Again I'd have to listen to it again, but I think they put it down while the bus was there. Will re-listen to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Andy Fox list's some quote's during the movie. I'd have to listen to it again to get them. I don't understand if the 911 caller was so concerned about her son, why did she let him go over there the next day and play? Again I'd have to listen to it again, but I think they put it down while the bus was there. Will re-listen to it now.
    Cliff notes.

1. Student's say the boy's weren't near the bus stop.

2. They were in there yard 70 yard's away on there property, not at the bus stop.

3. 911 call, the lady say's she saw them target practing, and knew the gun wasn't real.

4. The caller's son was there the next day playing with the boy...*love that one lol*

5. All shot's according to parent's were on private property.

6. Code say's in the video "No firearm or spring-propelled rifle or pistol discharge within 150 yards of a school building.

7. No shooting pneumatic guns, unless on approved gun range or private property.

8. Boy Did NOT have permission to shoot them from the parent's, apparently a law on the books.

School will most likely use no. 8 to get away with it, but imo it's over bored. Kid's disobey there parent's all the time. School should stay at school, when it comes to raising in the house.

1. Student's say the boy's weren't near the bus stop.
    Ok, so what's the problem?

2. They were in there yard 70 yard's away on there property, not at the bus stop.
    Ok, so what's the problem?

3. 911 call, the lady say's she saw them target practing, and knew the gun wasn't real.
    Then why the hell did she call and report it?

4. The caller's son was there the next day playing with the boy...*love that one lol*
    OH MY GAWWWWWWWD! HOLOCAUST!

5. All shot's according to parent's were on private property.
    Ok, 2nd Amendment.

6. Code say's in the video "No firearm or spring-propelled rifle or pistol discharge within 150 yards of a school building.
    Ok, that was not violated.

7. No shooting pneumatic guns, unless on approved gun range or private property.
    Except it was on private property. 2nd & 3rd Amendment.

8. Boy Did NOT have permission to shoot them from the parent's, apparently a law on the books.
    This one confuses me. Can you explain it?

School will most likely use no. 8 to get away with it, but imo it's over bored. Kid's disobey there parent's all the time. School should stay at school, when it comes to raising in the house.
    Precisely.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Angry 23SEP13 the most overreaching zero tolerance school gun policy so far

Of all the moronic zero-thought gun policies, this has to be the most overreaching so far.

"According to NBC news, two school children have been suspended from school for playing with airsoft guns on private property... The two boys never brought the toy guns to school, they never brought them on the bus, and they never even brought the toy guns near the school property."

"they were recommended to be expelled for a year for 'possession, handling and use of a firearm.' "

And get this - one of the kids playing was the son of the person who called 911!
    She knew it was a toy, and in fact her son was back over there a couple days later playing with them again.
    Yet she was "uncomfortable". Moron.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53084779/ns/local_news-portsmouth_va/#.UkCPEhCE63M

Last edited by MKEgal; 09-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The Definitive Guide to Virginia's Air Gun Laws.
    http://monachuslex.com/?p=1162

B. No such ordinance authorized by subsection A shall prohibit the use of pneumatic guns at facilities approved for shooting ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, or on or within private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+15.2-915.4

Bottom line is that this is not within the school's perview - they have no authority to regulate.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Having been very interested in the sport of paintball, this really hits a nerve with me. If they were "playing" "unsafely" or "firing" at someone not participating in the game, that's one thing, but still a thing that should probably still be dealt with outside of the legal system. If the entire ordeal took place on private property and all parties that were "hit" were participating in the game, then what the kids were doing is complete no-news. The kids were playing a game. An extremely safe game, assuming they were wearing protective eye-wear. Mother who called should be charged, IMO. The school should probably be sued as well. Or we can just start suspending any children that participate in hunting with their fathers, or go shooting at the target range with them. While we're at it, let's suspend any student who's parents own firearms and keep them in the house in which the children reside. Let's also suspend any children that play paintball or airsoft. Let's also suspend any children that play first person shooter video games. And children who play RTS games that involve military-type units in the game. Let's poll all of the mothers of children which attend the school to figure out what all makes them uncomfortable, and then send out surveillance teams to each child's house to make sure they never do anything that would make one of the mother's uncomfortable. Let's also spend school resources to purchase manicure kits and new sofas for the mothers, because their comfort should be top priority to us all. Once that's complete, lets set up a home-visit schedule so that mothers can visit other mother's home and enforce their own arbitrary rules on other's children - whatever makes them comfortable should be reasonable.

Re: Private Property, Boys suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

B. No such ordinance authorized by subsection A shall prohibit the use of pneumatic guns at facilities approved for shooting ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, (or on or within private property with permission of the owner )or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

Bottom line is that this is not within the school's perview - they have no authority to regulate.
    They didn't have permission from the parent. I put it in parenthesis as I can't bold atm. She stated that in the video. That is what I was referring to, or am I reading to far into it?

Never understood why laws have to be so vague sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

B. No such ordinance authorized by subsection A shall prohibit the use of pneumatic guns at facilities approved for shooting ranges, on other property where firearms may be discharged, or on or within private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

They didn't have permission from the parent. I put it in parenthesis as I can't bold atm. She stated that in the video. That is what I was referring to, or am I reading to far into it?

Never understood why laws have to be so vague sounding.

Understand what you mean regarding vagueness. The kids probably did have permission, just not renewed that individual time.

Still it is my contention that neither the school nor the school board may regulate this activity nor penalize anyone for violation. The Code of Virginia reserves that right to the state.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+15.2-915
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Sounds to me like Virginia Beach School System

i was wondering what ya'll thought about this.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53084779/n.../#.UkC2f1O2eV4
    have very deep pockets and arew just looking for people to throw money at.

Watch and see, they will cough up so the parents will settle out of court.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

I have walked right past school buses many times while OC'ing when they have taken kids to local businesses and never had any problems. I don't believe there is anything regarding a "distance" when they are not on school property.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I have walked right past school buses many times while OC'ing when they have taken kids to local businesses and never had any problems. I don't believe there is anything regarding a "distance" when they are not on school property.
    School bus stops are not GFSZ by federal or Virginia statute and local municipality may not enact such.

There was a case in Chesterfield where a woman was charged with brandishing at a bus stop. She was not charged with possession at a bus stop.
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/ch...a566062c3.html

Ridiculous

I think there are other issues too. The kid was suspended, why, what action caused harm or gave the school the right to restrict his right to an education? No action was engaged upon on school grounds, no threat was made toward the school or another school student.

The school has the right to punish your child because they were playing with a toy gun? As a kid, I and my friends used to play cowboys and indians at recess, I can't imagine the horror that would cause now days.

Suspended Student May Be Expelled for Rest of the Year for Playing With Toy Gun…in His Own Yard

"http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/23/suspended-student-may-be-expelled-for-rest-of-the-year-for-playing-with-toy-gunin-his-own-yard/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign= ShareButtons"
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Grapeshot covered all the school's arguments. The BB Gun Bill removed any authority to regulate the use of the airsoft gun on private property and you can look long and hard and never find anywhere that says a Bus Stop is a GFZ.

The School System is full of it with this kid!

Exclamation May I Recommend

All interested parties send an email to the School Board of the Virginia Beach City Public Schools registering your disgust for the manner in which this was handled?

VBCPSSchoolboard@googlegroups.com
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    All interested parties send an email to the School Board of the Virginia Beach City Public Schools registering your disgust for the manner in which this was handled?

VBCPSSchoolboard@googlegroups.com
    Did just that.

Virginia Beach 7th grader EXPELLED for shooting Air-Soft gun in his front yard!

I posted links on this in the News section of the main forum because I think it represents more than just a Virginia Issue http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...34#post1987934

Grapeshot, feel free to move the thread to the viriginia subforum if you believe it is more appropriate here.

Posting this to avoid getting multiple threads running on the same topic

Frankly, the boys demonstrated the height of poor judgment. I wouldn't blink at a short-term suspension (one or two days), not for anything related to "firearms", but simply for shooting at kids waiting at a bus stop (again, seriously bad judgment).

Unsurprisingly, however, this zero tolerance crap has led to a response drastically out of proportion to the "offense" committed.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Frankly, the boys demonstrated the height of poor judgment. I wouldn't blink at a short-term suspension (one or two days), not for anything related to "firearms", but simply for shooting at kids waiting at a bus stop (again, seriously bad judgment).

Unsurprisingly, however, this zero tolerance crap has led to a response drastically out of proportion to the "offense" committed.
    Maybe it was a long gun airsoft...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Maybe it was a long gun airsoft...
    Way to conflate unrelated contexts.

Color me unimpressed.

What a bunch of maroons. How could any cop with a conscience make this arrest?

The story is very confusing. At one point it states one kid shooting a target with a backstop. Then that a group was playing with each other on private property (shooting at each other with each person's known consent). Finally that some kids were getting shot at while at the bus stop. The article also states that the bus stop was 70 yards away and then states that it was 10 yards away.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast