• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: Does the U.S. need stricter gun laws? - Hi it.

Curmudgeon

Votered.

[h=1]POLL: Does the U.S. need stricter gun laws?[/h] President Barack Obama renewed his call Sunday for reforms to federal gun laws during a memorial for the victims of last week's Washington Navy Yard shooting. He said he wants lawmakers to make guns less accessible to people who commit mass shootings. Do you think the country needs stricter gun laws?

• Yes. It seems like anyone can get a gun in this country, so I think we need tougher laws and penalties to make guns less accessible. (148 responses)
    35%

• No. Owning a gun is a 2nd Amendment right, and I believe we already have too many laws in place limiting that right. (248 responses)
    59%

• I don't know. I need to know more. (5 responses)
    1%

• I don't care. We have more pressing issues going on right now so gun control should not be a top priority. (16 responses)
    4%
417 total responses
(Results not scientific)

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
As of 0900, Tuesday Sep 24:

Yes. It seems like anyone can get a gun in this country, so I think we need tougher laws and penalties to make guns less accessible. (186 responses)

33%

No. Owning a gun is a 2nd Amendment right, and I believe we already have too many laws in place limiting that right. (359 responses)

63%

I don't know. I need to know more. (7 responses)

1%

I don't care. We have more pressing issues going on right now so gun control should not be a top priority. (19 responses)

3%

571 total responses

Maverick9

http://www.dailypress.com/news/opinion/polls/

Poll is closed. No "wins" 64.4% (425 responses). Yes 31.4% (207).

They need one that says:

* 'Do guns jump out of holsters and go off by themselves'?

* 'Do bad guys obey laws?'

* 'Do anti-gun politicians still have armed bodyguards?'

'Is the Pope...well, you know'.

Last edited: