Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

Was at Seatac tonight waiting for my bro (pilot) open carrying glock 23 in blackhawk thigh drop down. Two PoS officers approached me while lounging in terminal while getting my Candy Crush on. They asked how I was doing, I said "fine." "Do you know why we're talking to you?" "Nope, and I don't care." Apparently it's disrespectful and evasive to lounge on the airport bench and play an intense game of Crush while ignoring their authority...or so I'm told. That is all.

As we say down South, "Awwww, bless their hearts."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    As we say down South, "Awwww, bless their hearts."
    So was there any detainment or arrest? Or did they go on their way?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Sooooooo... what happened?
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

Quote Originally Posted by 509rifas View Post
    Sooooooo... what happened?
    yeah!

good lead in, but an awful follow up : (

let's hear the rest!

Re: I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    yeah!

good lead in, but an awful follow up : (

let's hear the rest!
    Yes let us hear it... the audio recording that is. He was recording for his own legal protection. Right? Right? ?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Incorrect:
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
    ...they asked how i was doing, i said "fine." "do you know why we're talking to you?" "nope, and i don't care."
    Correct:
    ...they asked how i was doing, I asked, "are you detaining me?"
    Last edited by Mainsail; 09-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeDoc View Post
    Was at Seatac tonight waiting for my bro (pilot) open carrying glock 23 in blackhawk thigh drop down. Two PoS officers approached me while lounging in terminal while getting my Candy Crush on. They asked how I was doing, I said "fine." "Do you know why we're talking to you?" "Nope, and I don't care." Apparently it's disrespectful and evasive to lounge on the airport bench and play an intense game of Crush while ignoring their authority...or so I'm told. That is all.
    Awesome first post.

Them: "How are you doing?"

You: "I'm about to bust through level 25 and get a rainbow cane. Do you play?".

(always end with a question).

Welcome to the forum Eyedoc. I hope you come back and tell us what happened.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Sorry-had to get some Shuteye. Anyways when I told them I didn't care why they were here they informed me of their investigation required by numerous calls of a man carrying a firearm. Questions they asked: Why are you carrying? What is your business here? Are you picking someone up? Why won't you answer my questions?
    With all of these questions I robotically replied: Am I legally required to answer this? After this I went silent
    My goal isn't to educate the police of our rights but is to educate the public. I think for the most part the police now know their boundaries, though they may not respect them.

Sorry-had to get some Shuteye. Anyways when I told them I didn't care why they were here they informed me of their investigation required by numerous calls of a man carrying a firearm. Questions they asked: Why are you carrying? What is your business here? Are you picking someone up? Why won't you answer my questions?
    With all of these questions I robotically replied: Am I legally required to answer this? After this I went silent
    My goal isn't to educate the police of our rights but is to educate the public. I think for the most part the police now know their boundaries, though they may not respect them.
    They know their boundaries, they are just counting on the ignorance of what they see as "the herd".
    Last edited by Bernymac; 09-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Excellent!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It's a paradox. Thought I "like" open carriers, and I "know" BGs don't OC, I'm apt to profile people at an airport**, especially anyone OC-ing in an airport. I think I might even want airport cops to go touch base with the person, even though I'm fundamentally opposed (in principle) to such things (cops contacting a LAC).

Why? Well, partly because I can't carry. If "I" were also carrying (i.e. not waiting to board my flight), I would feel parity, and capable of protecting myself (in theory).

Good on the OP for not being unnecessarily compliant. Like the idea of 'educating the people', not the cops. I think they'd have accomplished their purpose by just saying 'hi' and not requiring answers or anything. Truth is 'grumpy' OC-ers are not threats, else they'd be CC-ing and smiling, I figger.

**FWIW:
    (The last flight I took there was a black dude, nice enough guy, who was speaking a foreign language on his cell phone. He sat in front of me in the boarding lounge and he had a large wheeled carry on. THEN, he left his luggage and disappeared. I was VERY anxious at this and almost called over the ticket agent to report it. You are NOT supposed to leave luggage unattended. He did return. I believe he was in the bathroom.

I didn't listen to my spidey sense, (which was on moderate tingle).
    Last edited by Maverick9; 09-24-2013 at 01:32 PM.

I stopped flying when the TSA started getting their "grope" on.

Let the airlines go bankrupt until they complain about the TSA harassing their customers.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Re: I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    It's a paradox. Thought I "like" open carriers, and I "know" BGs don't OC, I'm apt to profile people at an airport**, especially anyone OC-ing in an airport. I think I might even want airport cops to go touch base with the person, even though I'm fundamentally opposed (in principle) to such things (cops contacting a LAC).

Why? Well, partly because I can't carry. If "I" were also carrying (i.e. not waiting to board my flight), I would feel parity, and capable of protecting myself (in theory).

Good on the OP for not being unnecessarily compliant. Like the idea of 'educating the people', not the cops. I think they'd have accomplished their purpose by just saying 'hi' and not requiring answers or anything. Truth is 'grumpy' OC-ers are not threats, else they'd be CC-ing and smiling, I figger.

**FWIW:
    (The last flight I took there was a black dude, nice enough guy, who was speaking a foreign language on his cell phone. He sat in front of me in the boarding lounge and he had a large wheeled carry on. THEN, he left his luggage and disappeared. I was VERY anxious at this and almost called over the ticket agent to report it. You are NOT supposed to leave luggage unattended. He did return. I believe he was in the bathroom.

I didn't listen to my spidey sense, (which was on moderate tingle).
    "See something, say something" as dumb as it sounds, saves lives. Imagine if the people at the BosMar were paying attention to the bombers... drop a bag in front of me you better run because I'm throwing it back at you.

Individually Responsible.
    Sent from the back of a black van
    Last edited by SPOProds; 09-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Banned
    You need not have educated them ... they already knew (otherwise you would be in jail with a nice lawsuit awaiting your release). I too, have neither the desire or inclination to provide any facts to police ... robot-man

good job

Your response was less snarky than mine probably would have been. (probably to the tune of "now there are several men with guns here, I bet those people are REALLY freaking out now")

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I stopped flying when the TSA started getting their "grope" on.

Let the airlines go bankrupt until they complain about the TSA harassing their customers.
    Boycotting airlines is kind of like boycotting oil companies or banks.

For every customer they loose, 10 are willing to take their place.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I stopped using commercial flights years ago. Too many people, pi$$ poor security, sex offenders (tsa) checking people over and the extreme expense.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Cop: do u know why we are here talking to you?

Citizen: I assume you are lost and looking for directions to the homosexual conference in town.

Cop: "Do you know why we're talking to you?"

You: "Well, I assume you want to sell me tickets to the policeman's ball..."

Cop: "Funny. Policemen don't have......have a nice day, sir."

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper Cooter View Post
    Cop: "Do you know why we're talking to you?"

You: "Well, I assume you want to sell me tickets to the policeman's ball..."

Cop: "Funny. Policemen don't have......have a nice day, sir."
    Very +1
    will have to remember this.
    Last edited by darkside; 09-26-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    "Good does not always triumph over evil unless good is very very careful" -L. McCoy MD

Quote Originally Posted by SPOProds View Post
    "See something, say something" as dumb as it sounds, saves lives. Imagine if the people at the BosMar were paying attention to the bombers... drop a bag in front of me you better run because I'm throwing it back at you.

Individually Responsible.
    Sent from the back of a black van
    Cite? Sounds dumb because it is dumb.
    Last edited by Tacitus42; 09-26-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Cite? Sounds dumb because it is dumb.
    He's talking about a passenger leaving an untended bag at the Airport. They have frequent public service announcements overhead at the airport(s) and one of them is 'report an untended bag'. I was seconds away from doing so when the person returned. What prevented me from doing it immediately was that there was a lot of people between me and the closest agent (they were boarding) and I doubt I could have gotten through and/or gotten a free agent to take a look.

Next time, I'll do it immediately.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast